Sneak attack with Implement (paragon multiclassing)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there

I was thinking of building a Rogue/MC:bard with PMC:bard
I was planning on taking the "Staggering Note" at will.

I know you can sneak attack if you use a lightblade, but If I use a light blade as an implement, can I still Sneak Attack with "Staggering Note"?

Greetings,
Kees 
Yes, you can. But remember two things: a power you use has to actually hit the enemy, and it has to deal damage in order for you to use Sneak Attack. So, a no-hit, auto-damage power? Nope. A power that hits but doesn't deal damage? Nope. Oh, and you also need to have Combat Advantage. Which is harder to do with a ranged attack. In other words, don't count on it too much.

Also, PMC ain't so hot.
Thank you!

I know PMC is not hot. But flavour is worth a lot! 
Thank you!

I know PMC is not hot. But flavour is worth a lot! 

4e heavily encourages refluffing in the actual rules. Flavor is what you say it is. Mechanics being bad, however, really hurts the experience of playing 4e. So refluff.
I will consider this! Thanks for the advice!
Is hybrid a better option in this case? 
A Rogue|Bard hybrid? I'm not a Bard expert, but my gut reaction would be: no, not a better option.
Rogue|FakeSkald would be awesome if the Rogue had any class-native BA options.  But they don't so it sucks.

Rogue|Bard probably wouldn't be terrible, but depending on which side you were building it for, pure rogue or pure bard would be better.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Rogue|FakeSkald would be awesome if the Rogue had any class-native BA options.  But they don't so it sucks.

Rogue|Bard probably wouldn't be terrible, but depending on which side you were building it for, pure rogue or pure bard would be better.

and there's no way outside of half-elf to poach a BA from something right ?
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

You can get a BA no problem.  But to make the hybrid worth it (i.e. actually do something the FakeSkald can't normally) it would need to be a Rogue basic attack, and those don't exist.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
You can get a BA no problem.  But to make the hybrid worth it (i.e. actually do something the FakeSkald can't normally) it would need to be a Rogue basic attack, and those don't exist.

In the current state of the permastealth OA monster hybrid Rogues can be, a Rogue class MBA would be sort of ridiculious in any case....
Sign In to post comments