Luminary Ring and Commander's Strike

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
The question is whether Luminary Ring
Show
Luminary Ring
Level 22 Uncommon

You are more able to aid your allies with this gold ring, which bears a faintly glowing sigil signifying your ideals.

Ring Slot        325,000 gp

Property
Increase the range of powers that restore hit points or provide a bonus to your allies by a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier.

Power Daily (Free Action)
Use this power when you grant one or more allies a power bonus. Increase that bonus by 1 for all targets for the duration of that power.
If you've reached at least one milestone today, increase the affected bonus by 2.
affects Commander's Strike making it a ranged attack instead of Melee 1.

Since Commander's Strike does provide a bonus to damage through Intelligence modifier, it should increase range by the Charisma modifier of the character.

Is there any rule that stops the Melee 1 range from changing into a longer range?

Commander's Strike isn't melee 1, it is Melee Weapon. It would become Melee Weapon+Cha for range, yes, but it will still be a melee attack.
the same applies for the feat Staff Expertise.  Your Commander's Strike becomes Melee Weapon+1 for range, but it is still a melee attack.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Blade of the Eldritch knight remains one of the best ways to boost reach for CS...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Blade of the Eldritch knight remains one of the best ways to boost reach for CS...

True, though giving up your weapon enchant hurts a bit.