ana-colored elves with card-draw

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I really like Master Biomancer + Ivy Lane Denizen + [C]korozda Guildmage[/c] .. play a 5-color elves deck in standard ( for the elves, mainly fo Boros Charm)
and this is really brutal.
Yeah, I love the many elves like Korozda Guildmage that produce non-elf creature tokens, but I'll need more cards like Essence Warden that make use of non-elf creature tokens to replace cards that only care about elves.. Do you have ideas for me? ô.Ô
Not sure if you really need more. Assume you have the 3 mentioned elves out and play an Elvish Visionary (or any other disposable 1/1 elf). it gets 2 counters and puts a counter on Master Biomancer (via Ivy lane Denizen). sac the 3/3 Visionary to get 3 4/4 saprolings and another 3 counters on the biomancer .. the next sac should give you a more than lethal attack force.

Cards that migh work out for that plan.

Orochi Eggwatcher should be qute easy to flip and gives you lots of Giant Growths
Garruk Wildspeaker for ramp, then Overrun
Leyline of Vitality helps you and your creatures vs burn, the toughness boost gives you an additional token per sac. hardcasting should be no prob with some manadorks and opening play with it is great.
Psychotrope Thallid for even more draw
Deathspore Thallid for removal
Fecundity is always nice in creature/weenie heavy decks
Depending on build the sac could be abused to feed Bloodbond March
Conspiracy to simply make them elves
I won't use your combo because I don't buy mythic rares, I just would like to produce non-elf creature tokens and then use them in some other ways than simply attacking or blocking.. Essence Warden + Nullmage Shepherd are perfect here, because they're elves!
You replied while I edited. So see above.
Since they're also elves, I would prefer Ambush Commander over Orochi Eggwatcher and Essence Warden over Leyline Of Vitality! When I removed the green-white cards, I also removed most producers for saproling creature tokens, even though combining elves + fungus creatures sounds exciting.. I guess that I'll just use Symbiotic Deployment instead of Fecundity, and there's also Nullmage Shepherd + Gleeful Sabotage.. What is causing problems is that Zameck Guildmage sometimes demands too much blue mana, but it's a three-colored deck that's mainly green!
Savra, Queen of the Golgari might help out if you decide to use Korozda Guildmage and serveral black creature cards giving you some removal while you setup your token base.
Unfortunately, there aren't enough black-green elves for this deck!
Since they're also elves, I would prefer Ambush Commander over Orochi Eggwatcher and Essence Warden over Leyline Of Vitality!

I suggested the Eggwatcher because you said you like the many elves that produce non-elf tokens, assuming that included Korozda Guildmage i thought the Leyline to be better then the Warden.
What is causing problems is that Zameck Guildmage sometimes demands too much blue mana, but it's a three-colored deck that's mainly green!

Maybe Urborg Elf can help you here?