RPGTO DDN Session

In the Duchy of Aragon, in the city of Neiss, Duke Nicholas Aragon summons his best operatives to answer a rash of assassinations. Among the apparently random deaths of cheating wives, cheating gamblers and viscous loansharks, the Sherrif and Chief Judge have also been killed.

A DDN adventure for 4 4th level adventurers on the RPGTO,*edit* 1000gp budget, no magic items, I am willing to work on the date but I'd like to run this next week between 5 and 9 Pacific time on any day (I'd say except Wednsday but no new Arrow until the 20th ). Actually, let's make it Wednsday, 3/06/2013.

Players:
1: Jaganatha, Rogue
2: Frothsof, wizard
3: sleypy, Rogue
4: Guyviroth, barbarian

Alternates/Spectators: Nazaire

background on the Duchy

The campaign will begin in the Capital city of the Duchy of Aragon, Neiss. A port city, it has a thriving Fishing and Shipping industry. Ruler: Duke Nicholas Aragon. The Duke has a family (wife, 2 sons, 3 daughters). Power rests on his control of the military, has an elite corps of bodyguards as well. He also controls most raw material production with in the Duchy, allowing him to control his vassals without needing to impose ruinous taxes normally. Population: The population is actually fairly egalitarian, Hobgoblins and Dwarves serve side by side in the military and criminal activities frequently are controlled by Bugbears with Kobold and halfling minions. Religion: The national religion includes the major deities of the 4th edition pantheon (Bahamut and Bane deal with military matters, Pelor is the Sun God, etc...). Factions: The Ducal Faction: Headed by the Duke, this faction is concerned with maintaining the Duke's hold on power and expanding the Duchy's mercantile and political interests in the greater world (Might 5, Favor 3, Wealth 4, Power 12). The Church: Headed by Archbishop Turpin, the Church concerns itself primarily with promoting Orthodoxy within the Duchy but also has powerful political and mercantile interests of its own, possesing vast tracts of land and producing the best wine in the Kingdom. Holding off the Duke's attempts to tax the church is a source of strain between the nominal allies and friends (Turpin and the Duke adventured together as youths). Turpin must also contend with disruption with in the church due to factional infighting and attempts to wrest away his position and his life (Might 2, Favor 5, Wealth 4, Power 11). The Restless Nobles: While their spokesman is Baron De' Montfort, this group of noblemen, led by Count Whittier seek to break the Duke's monopoly on mining and the stone quarries and timber production. With greater access to these raw materials, they hope to utilize their mercantile interests to raise enough money to sever their political ties to the Duchy and form their own Principality with in the Kingdom (Might 3, Favor 3, Wealth 3, Power 9). The Organization: A loose combine of urban criminals 'led' by a council of bosses, the Organization takes a dim view of 'unlicensed' criminality both with in and with out city walls. While not recognized by either the Duke or the Church, their power is great enough to bend many nobles and court officials to their will through debt, blackmail and intimidation (Might 2, Favor 3, Wealth 5, Power 10).
Added time zone clarifier in the first post.
Interesting indeed! 

Time is AM or PM ?

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Hmmmm sounds groovy =D
GAh, PM Plague.

You interested Guy?
id like to play, depending on the day. i cant play friday or saturday bc i already have games. if i am reading correctly, the game would start at 8 pm eastern? i would likely play a wizard. is this a one-shot? i dont know if i could commit past the first session.
Id be interested depending on what day it is on.

Big Model: Creative Agenda
Love 4e? Concerned about its future? join the Old Guard of 4th Edition
Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of random stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke
This is a one shot (although I'm using stuff for what I came up with for a campaign a while back). How does Wednsday sound? It would be 8PM Eastern I think (5 pacific, 6, 7, 8 eastern. Yep).
I'm definitely in for most nights if you're talking about 8PM EST-MIDNIGHT EST. I'm in as most of those nights at that time are free other than Saturday.

YES, score for me and WEDNESDAY!

To all that is good and worthwhile.

OK Jag. Like I said, 4th level characters, 1000 gp budget. No magic items.
OK Jag. Like I said, 4th level characters, 1000 gp budget. No magic items.

Thank you, jonathan_sicari. I will post soon. Are we doing point buy system?

Yeah, point buy or default array. I'm tempted to say 4th ed point buy just to see what I get but I want to work 'in the system' as it were.
I have a Scholarly Wiz/Sage/Ambusher named Bertrand ready to go!
Roger that. If people can post summaries that would be nice (and your RPGTO user name if different from your WotC forum name) that would be cool.
i have the pc created, i will put it on the table for you to review when u invite me

my pc is on the table
Thanks Froth.

Jag, you are BossBedlam, correct? 
Thanks Froth.

Jag, you are BossBedlam, correct? 

Yes sir, three timesfold. (Sorry, nursery rhyme came to mind. hahah)

OK, you and froth are invited. I was hoping to input monsters between rounds today while at work but the computer is too slow.
Wednesday works for me.

My blog of random stuff 

Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke
OK, sleypy your user name? *edit* I have invited that username to the table.
I wish i could join but time doesn't work for me. Have fun guys!

Yan
Montréal, Canada

*CRASHES AND BURNS*

gah, when is a good time for you, I'm happy to try to set up a second session? 
GAh, PM Plague.

You interested Guy?

Aye, I'm interested. Would be nice to try out a 4th level wizard or barbarian.
Invite sent.

Already loaded my rogue up on the table. I just forgot to post about it.

My blog of random stuff 

OK, will check him out tonight.
gah, when is a good time for you, I'm happy to try to set up a second session? 

On nightshift i am available in the 20:45+ PST time (23:45 EST) Sun-Thurs depending on the week.

My next days off that i can play are;

Sunday March 10, 23:45 EST
Wenesday March 13, 23:45 EST
Thursday March 14 , 23:45 EST
Monday March 18, 23:45 EST
Tuesday March 19, 23:45 EST
Sunday March 24, 23:45 EST 
Wenesday March 27, 23:45 EST
Thursday March 28, 23:45 EST

Let me know if a day works for you!

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Alright, I'll run this one and then work on running it again on one of those days.
Merci beaucoup mon frere!  Thanks bro  Wink

Yan
Montréal, Canada

What are friends for?

Yan
Montréal, Canada

*Fist Bump*
Gray Gloy

Gray Gloy
Lawful Neutral
Male Wood Elf
Level 4 Rogue
(Aliases Straka the Ranger, Lady Fox, Tyr the Dwarven Thief)

AC 15
Hit Points 22
Speed 35 ft.
Hit Dice 1d6

Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 18 (+4) (+3)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 8 (-1)
Wisdom 14 (+2) (+1)
Charisma 14 (+2)

Attacks
Weapon Attack +2
Martial Damage Dice 2d6
Silver Dagger (finesse, light, range 30/120) +6; 1d4+4 piercing damage
Longbow (missile range 150/600, two-handed) +6; 1d10+4 piercing damage
Rapier (finesse) +6; 1d8+4 piercing damage
Short Sword (finesse, light) +6; 1d6+4 piercing damage
Two-Weapon Fighting (short sword) +4; 1d6+4 piercing damage and 1d6 piercing damage
Unarmed +1; 1d6-1 bludgeoning damage

Skills (+1d6 to checks relating to a skill)
Balance, Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Gather Rumors, Listen, Search, Sleight of Hand, Sneak, and Spot

Race: Wood Elf
As an elf, you have the following racial traits. Size: Medium.
Low-Light Vision: If there is no light within 30 feet of you, you treat dim light in that radius as normal light, and you treat darkness in that radius as dim light.
Elf Weapon Training: When you attack with a long sword, a shortbow, or a longbow with which you have proficiency, the damage die for that weapon increases by one step: from d6 to d8, or d8 to d10.
Keen Senses: You are trained in the Listen and Spot skills.
Free Spirit: You are immune to the charmed condition and to any effect that would put you to sleep.
Trance: Elves do not need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is trance.) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Elvish.
Subrace: Wood elf.
Ability Score Adjustment: Your starting Dexterity score increases by 1.
Speed: 35 feet.
Wood Elf Grace: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.

Class Features: Rogue
Starting Hit Points: 6 + your Constitution modifier
Armor and Shield Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbow, light crossbow, longbow, long sword, rapier, short sword
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves’ Tools

Con Artist
A cheat, opportunist, or ne’er--‐do--‐well, you use your skills to get the better of people you meet, whether you’re lifting a purse from a merchant in a marketplace or conning a rube out of hard--‐ earned pay.
Skills: Bluff, Disguise, Gather Rumors, and Sleight of Hand
Extra Skill Tricks: You gain three extra skill tricks of your choice at 1st level.
Rogue Talent: Artful Dodger: When a creature makes a melee or ranged attack against you, you can use a reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll.
Suggested Skill Tricks: Great Fortitude, Mimic, Poison Use and Unflappable (1st level), Gilded Tongue (2nd level)

Gilded Tongue
When you make a Charisma check and dislike the die result, you can spend your skill die to reroll that check and keep either result.
Great Fortitude
When you make a Strength or Constitution saving throw, you can use your reaction to roll your skill die and add its result to the saving throw.
Mimic
You can spend your skill die to expertly mimic a creature’s voice, mannerisms, and quirks when making Charisma checks to disguise yourself as that creature. You can sustain this mimicry for as long as you wish, but while you are doing so, you cannot use your skill die for any other purpose.
Poison Use
When you apply poison to one of your weapons, you can roll your skill die and add the result to the saving throw DC of the poison. When you do so, you suffer no risk of exposing yourself to the poison’s effects.
Unflappable
When you have disadvantage on a Charisma check, you can spend your skill die to cancel that disadvantage.

Level 4: Uncanny Dodge
Benefit: When you make a Dexterity saving throw, you can roll your skill die and add its result to the save.

Guild Thief
Skills: Balance, Disable Device, Search, and Sneak.
Trait—Thieves’ Cant: Among thieves, there is a secret language, a combination of jargon words and secret signs that members of the criminal underworld know and use. Creatures hearing you converse in Thieves’ Cant might think you say one thing when you are actually saying something else entirely. You have learned the secret language of thieves. You can correctly interpret thief signs and doublespeak, and you can communicate in this manner to others familiar with this language.

Skulker
Level 1: Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand)
Level 3: Skill Supremacy (Sleight of Hand)
Skill Focus
Benefit: Choose one of your skills when you gain this feat. When you make a check with that skill, treat any d20 roll of 9 or less as a 10.
Skill Supremacy
Prerequisite: Skill Focus feat
Benefit: Choose a skill you have associated with the Skill Focus feat. You have advantage on all checks with that skill.  

Equipment
 Leather - 15 lbs, Arrows (60) – 9 lbs, Silver dagger, Antitoxin, Backpack (empty) – 2 lbs, Disguise kit (2) – 16 lbs, Fine clothes – 6 lbs, Healer’s kit, Bullseye lantern – 3 lbs, Mirror, Oil (5), Poison (2), Potion of healing (6),  Belt pouch, Sack (2), Silk rope 50 ft – 5 lbs, Soap, Thieves’ tools, Waterskin – 4 lbs, Whetstone

Gold       114 gp

Encumbrance: 80.0 lbs.

Looks good Jag.
Lol, Rowan Atkinson rogue ftw.

Anyways, here's mine;

Gulvard Finley
Male Human Barbarian
Medium
Armor Class 16
Hit Points 45 ( 4d12 )
Speed 50ft
Sense Normal
Str 17 ( +3 )  Dex 16 ( +3 )  Con 16 ( +3 ) 
Int 9 ( -1 )  Wis 11 ( 0 )   Cha 13 ( +1 ) 
Chaotic Neutral
Common
Trait Artisan (Blacksmith)
Skills Profession (Blacksmith), Gather Rumors, Persuade, Knowledge (Folklore) [1d6]    
Feat 
Weapon Mastery [ May reroll 1 or 2 MDD when increasing attack damage ]
Fast Movement [Speed increases by 10 feet]

Racial Trait None
Class Trait 
Combat Expertise [+1 Attack Bonus, 2d6 MDD, Regain all MDD at the start of each person's turn] 
Iron Hide [AC = 10 + Con Mod + Dex Mod while wearing no armor] 
Rage [Advantage on all Strength checks and attacks, +4 to melee damage, Resistance to piercing, bludgeon and slashing damage, 2/day, lose rage when turn is spent not attacking] 
Reckless Attack [Gain advantage on next attack while not raging. Grants advantage to enemies until next turn]
Fast Movement [+2 to movement while wearing light or no armor]
Feral Instinct [roll 2 d20s when rolling initiative and choose one result]

Actions
Melee Attacks— Greataxe   : +5 (Melee; target). Hit: 1d12+3 
Ranged Attack— Longbow : +5 (150/600; targetr). Hit: 1d8+3
Equipment:
Silvered Greataxe
Silvered Maul
Longbow
Arrows, silvered (60)  
Adventurer's Kit        
Vials, shattered (10)  
Pouch, belt (3)                      
Oil (10 pints)              
Caltrops (10)              
74 gp

Ooh rah. Ready to go on Wednsday.
seeing as we have no cleric, can i buy a potion of healing?
The City of Neisse has several Apocatharies, willing to provide such. (Yes!)
seeing as we have no cleric, can i buy a potion of healing?

You mean potions of healing? What did your character spend his 1000 gp? Just wondering.

The City of Neisse has several Apocatharies, willing to provide such. (Yes!)

Ah good! When you placed that no magic item restriction I was like damn no potions of healing is going to hurt.

My blog of random stuff 

Late to the party once again I see. You can put me down as an alternate if you want and I'll work up a character just in case. It never hurts to have a few spare characters laying around for emergencies. I'll check this thread Wednesday again to see if anyone had to cancel.

Have fun guys and maybe I can catch this the next go around Smile
My website: The World of Asgoth