Mayor of Avabruck

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
WHen Mayor of Avabruck changes over to Howlpack Alpha then back to its orginal status do you get to put additional +1/+1 counters on humans?
The Mayer doesn't put counters anywhere. All he does is grant a continous +1/+1 to all your other humans for as long as he remains on the batttlefield and with his day side up. So as soon as he transforms into Howlpack Alpha or leaves the battlefield that bonus is gone from all your humans. Remember, that only effects that use the word "counter" use counters. +1/+1 and +1/+1 counters are very different things.
so when i transform him to his night side and i get the 2/2 wolf token that token gets an additional +1/+1 because he is on his night side which would make the wolf a 3/3.  Also, do I get to put a wolf token out everytime at the end step if the night side is still up?
not each end step, just your end steps
proud member of the 2011 community team
Correct. And you get a Wolf token at the beginning of each and every end step of your turns if he is Howlpack Alpha at those times.
put additional +1/+1 counters on humans?

That's a very common misconception.
Try and be aware of the three four existing ways to change a creature's power/toughness:

1) SET the P/T to new specific values, with Diminish for example; (also including Copy effects)
2) MODIFY the P/T by a +/- effect, with Auger Spree for example;
3) Put COUNTERS on the creature, with Stand Together for example.

Edit: see below for the fourth way...

Sorry we had to increase taxes: my limo needs new tires. (eh! they were at least two weeks old)

put additional +1/+1 counters on humans?

That's a very common misconception.
Try and be aware of the three existing ways to change a creature's power/toughness:

1) SET the P/T to new values, with Diminish for example; (also including Copy effects)
2) MODIFY the P/T by an effect, with Auger Spree for example;
3) Put COUNTERS on the creature, with Stand Together for example.

4) SWITCH the P/T, like with Inside Out

Level 1 Judge

Woops! Brain fart!
Edited.

Sorry we had to increase taxes: my limo needs new tires. (eh! they were at least two weeks old)

Sign In to post comments