2/28/2013 TD: "Double Infinity"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Not to be a whiner, but I noticed that  didn't show up at all until 3/4 of the way through. :/ As a blue player, I hope Standard doesn't resemble GP Charlotte for long.
How could Wilson Wong have only 13 cards in his sideboard?
Is that legal?
Not to be a whiner, but I noticed that  didn't show up at all until 3/4 of the way through. :/ As a blue player, I hope Standard doesn't resemble GP Charlotte for long.

Blue has only been the best color in standard for the past three blocks/years straight, God forbid one GP not be completely dominated by blue decks.
How could Wilson Wong have only 13 cards in his sideboard?
Is that legal?

It's not legal to have a thirteen-card sideboard, no; it has to be zero or fifteen.  That said, I'm pretty sure that's just a data-entry error on the article's part.  A quick Google search suggests the missing cards are a pair of Acidic Slimes.
Something I don't get about Humans Reanimator, maybe someone can explain it to me...  why the insistence on Huntmaster, now replaced by a bizarre millout strategy?

Am I seriously the only person who has thought of Zealous Conscripts?

Oh, look.  I just stole all your permanents, including lands.  Now I'll untap and haste them all.  Now I'll cast my hand.  Now I'll untap and haste all my permanents again, including land.  Now I'll punch you with everything.  Now I'll sac everything I don't dare give back to you for even an instant.  Pass.

Upkeep, hang on?  I have effects!  Yeah, I think I'll steal all your stuff again until end of turn.  Cool.  Now, go ahead and draw your card.

Hope you can stop me with one mana...  ;)

Just saying that seems easier to me, is all.
I don't have any special insight to this particular deck, but it seems relevant that this standard format has infinite life combos--milling can win in cases where attacking just isn't good enough.
God I wish Flores wasn't an idiot.  First off Alex Stockton's deck is heavy on the 5 drops?  He had 2.  ONe conscript and a thundermaw...geez.  Now if you had made an intelligent point like heavy on the 4 drops I could at least give you a modicum of respect.  But then you immediately lose that from your commentary on the SCG match at GP Charlotte when the girl paige was playing.  I really wish you gave something of value to the magic community i really do.
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.