Petition to release the "Lost Issues" of Dragon and Dungeon as PDF's

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was a long time subscriber to the print versions of both Dragon and Dungeon.     I was initially dissapointed when they switched to digital versions.    However, at least you could download an issue as a PDF and read it as a magazine.     This website is blocked at my work, so I could not view the articles "online" during the day, but I could download a PDF of the edition and transfer it to my laptop for later viewing.    I would frequently read during my lunch hour.   I grew to like the PDF's.     With the prevelance of tablets, PDF's are even more handy.   

During the transition from 3rd edition to 4th edition, there were some issues that were never complied as a downloadable PDF's.    I had asked about this at a Gencon Q&A a couple of years ago and they said they would release them when they had time, but never have.

Specifically, Dragon 361, 362, 363 and Dungeon 151, 152, 153, and 154.    (Dragon 360 was released, but the link is no longer there to download it).
I collectively referred to these 7 issues as the "Lost Issues".      I know when 4th edition was first released they wanted to focus on 4th edition and not spend resources supporting 3rd edition.    However, now that the company is reprinting 3rd edition books and once again supporting prior editions, I would ask again they please release the Lost Issues for download?

I would also request they release 21 Dragon Issues 395-415 and 21 Dungeon Issues 186-206 as compiled PDF's.   The links to the individual articles are still available for those, but I want to download them and read as PDF's.  

If you agree, and want the missing 7 Lost issues and the more recent 42 issues available as PDF's please post.    Maybe if we get enough replies they will consider it?

Thanks,    

Come on people, just reply to the thread and say +1.     I guess there isn't much forum activity here or no one cares?

+1
+1
There have been errata to a number of these articles, where the individual article actually supercedes the compiled issue, or the compiled issue supercedes the articles, or to know the actual information, you have to compare the article or issue with errata documents. 

That is overly complicated.  Since the 4e team don't seem to be working on any particular BOOKS lately, it would be fabulous if they could go through ALL the issues of Dungeon and Dragon from Dr364 and Du155 to present, apply the errata, and re-release them all, including compiling the missing middle issues that were less issues and more individual articles. 

I'd be cool with the 3.5e articles too; I just didn't start subscribing until 4e.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Yes please!
+1

Dragon has a long and wonderful history. It would be a shame to the magazine and to the authors if these issues remained lost forever. 
Absolutely Yes!
I'm for it
+1!
Plus one.
This. +1.

I've been a DDI subscriber since the beginning. And I was a paper magazine subscriber for several years before that. I very much would like to see those issues released as PDFs.

================================================ "Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." -Mr. Magorium ================================================

ABSOLUTELY +1!

C'mon WotC, hear your fans out!

many of your fans are "D&D any version" but doesn't seem that you are!
I'd appreciate it. It might also help a little with their PR and winning back former customers since not compiling those issues was one of their broken promises from that period.
First thing for people working on providing new features should remember: People hate change for the sake of change. They usually don't mind genuine improvements, but change just because it's change and therefore cool tends to get hackles raised. Second thing for people working on providing new 'improved' features should remember: It shouldn't be hard for users to figure out how to turn them off if they don't like them. Just because the programmer thinks he's had a great idea doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree with them.
People, I doubt WotC reads these forums, or that they care for the matter...
Bring it straight to them, all of you guys that posted obviously have an account, go to the "Customer Service" link below, and log a question, raise your voice and concerns, the more we ask the better the chances of being heard (whether they ignore us is another thing, but still, better chances than this forum post).
Bring it straight to them, all of you guys that posted obviously have an account, go to the "Customer Service" link below, and log a question, raise your voice and concerns, the more we ask the better the chances of being heard

Done.  CustServ advised Ticket  [#130321-000819] 
People, I doubt WotC reads these forums, or that they care for the matter...
Bring it straight to them, all of you guys that posted obviously have an account, go to the "Customer Service" link below, and log a question, raise your voice and concerns, the more we ask the better the chances of being heard (whether they ignore us is another thing, but still, better chances than this forum post).

I actually asked customer service about that before starting the thread:

Unfortunately, the issues you mention are not available for download as a PDF, and we do not have any information at this time as to whether they might be at some point in the future.  We appreciate you for providing feedback. This email is to inform you that we have received your comments, and while we cannot guarantee an additional response, we do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.
Thanks again, and if you have any additional questions or comments for us, please contact us again. Have fun, and good gaming!

I sorta got the idea "we received your comments" was a canned response and something like the thread might get more notice? 
+1
I agree too!
+ one hundred-bajillion
I would like to see these released!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Yes please.
Viva La "what ever version of D&D you are playing right now!"
Yes please.

+1 (would re-sub for something like this)
Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.   Please keep posting to it.    The more replies the more attention this is likely to get.
Hey guys, with "+1" we will never get Wizard's attention.

I'll "+1000" here to make up for it! ^^

---

I would love to see them in PDF, but I must say I have already "PDFed" my Dragons & Dungeons long ago. I was relieved when they got back to publishing the entire magazine!
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition

Now that they announced that Dungeon and Dragon are going on hiatus is December, maybe they can finally release the 50 issues for us as PDF's?

Give us SOMETHING if we keep our subscriptions....

I would even be willing to pay for a compilation of all the issues that I could keep permanently, if for no other reason than to save me the trouble of manually downloading and compiling them all.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Marandahir wrote:
the 4e team

The what?

+1

Sign In to post comments