Mono-Black MILL Combo.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay peeps;
I've been playing around with this deck a fair bit, and I think I've come up with something very black.
I tried splashing, but the only to get the best out of Ankh, and make it relevant after turn 4 was to introduce Pox effects. 

4 Bloodchief Ascension
4 Mindcrank
4 Ankh of Mishra

3 Dark Ritual (tried to build without it, but useful to cast Disk)
4 Smallpox
Pox 
Meekstone
Ensnaring Bridge 
3 Innocent Blood
Beseech the Queen
Sign in Blood (like Ankh, and gets me draw potentially)
2 Nevinyrral's Disk (my "Oh ****!" button) 

3 Dakmor Salvage
4 Mishra's Factory
19 Swamps.  

Have room left for about 2 or 3 recursive creatures, still not sure, but Nether Spirit loos pretty good.  

But I have to honest, this deck doesn't really look like much fun to play against.... I think I may just drop the Mill-Crank part and make a deck more fun to actually play.        
You're in black, so Polluted Bonds might be better for you than Ankh of Mishra. Takes longer to get online, but it's loss of life, not damage (and you gain it too).
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
You're in black, so Polluted Bonds might be better for you than Ankh of Mishra. Takes longer to get online, but it's loss of life, not damage (and you gain it too).

CHeers Bloom.
A good card for sure, but 5 mana is pretty big.  The thing I wanted to do was get Ascension active as quickly as possible.  If I can do that, the life lost from Ankh by me would be neglible provided it lasts any length of time.
The earlier I get it active the better, as I always find it gets harder and harder to get it online lategame when people can just sandbag lands or have a big defence up, or have their Glacial Chasm's in play. 
That said, it is better than Ankh, and does provide some redundancy.  I may include a couple, aswell as the Ankh. 
Ta. 

My main concern is surviving long enough though.....Frown