Tuesday Night Derping, most ridiculous combination.

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, Ill go first.  Bonus points for being terrible as well!

Cat Burglar Revenant Pixie Werebear Vampire.
Shade Vampire|Artificer/PMC Battlemind

My stupid blog on love.

My stupid blog on religion and life.

I wanna be the nicest guy on all of the CharOp forums.

Dwarf Psion|Assassin

(which actually sounds *awesome*)
Dwarf Psion|Assassin

(which actually sounds *awesome*)

We'll call it the Psassassin!

Would you name the pixie vampire mosiquito?

hengeyokai animal master beastmaster mc wizard ravenkin. 3 ravens and a sparrow flew into a bar...
Revenant Vryloka Vampire -> Archlich.  How many kinds of undead can you be...

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
I remember something about "how many bears can you put on the field at once?"

So, hmm

Ranger|Druid
Hybrid feat for a bear companion
Multiclass shaman for a bear spirit
Summon a bear from a druid power
Shapeshift into a bear

Now if only there was a way to get a bear familiar...
Too bad you don't get the Bardic versatility when you hybrid bard :/
I remember something about "how many bears can you put on the field at once?"

So, hmm

Ranger|Druid
Hybrid feat for a bear companion
Multiclass shaman for a bear spirit
Summon a bear from a druid power
Shapeshift into a bear

Now if only there was a way to get a bear familiar...
Too bad you don't get the Bardic versatility when you hybrid bard :/

Fey Beast Tamer? An Owlbear is kind of a Bear.

Traveler's Harlequin PP let's you take more MCs, now you can grab that circus bear familiar too. That open up any more Bear options?
Half-elf Artificer, Traveler's Harlequin, dilettante/Adept Dilettante a Vampire power, take a ton of MC feats and all the X Vampire feats, power-swap for Protective Scroll, and keep your party going forever. You didn't really need daily powers, right? For bonus points, take feats and items that get better with milestones. Get arcane powers naturally, divine powers from Harlequin, martial and primal from Iron Wolf Warrior, and psionic from a power-swap.

If you want to make it terrible, lose the Adept Dilettante trick, and just be a normal MC Vampire.
I never thought of Adept Dilettante + Vampire before. Has that been discussed elsewhere? I like this idea (maybe add Dead God Avatar ED for even more cool healing surge stuff).
I've seen people mention Adept Dilettante + Vampire as a way to get the Vampire keyword (such as it is) without damning your healing surge total to the depths, but I've never seen anyone else use it in combination with TH to generate way more surges than you need (nor combine that with Artificer and/or Protective Scroll to spread the love).
Cute trick. It's not bad for psionic half-elves (mainly Ardents and Battleminds) who can then also take the Psionic Vampire feat for easy access to more power points. Battleminds even get a decent MBA out of it (Vampire Slam), although they still need to get implement proficiency somehow. 
Revenant Warforged Executioner (Ninja)/Sword Coast Corsair

Pirate Ninja Zombie Robot 
Warforged Vampire Ghost Pirate

(and yes, one of my players has the character in my Level 24 Tuesday Night game)
Metroid:

Pixie brawler|vampire/monk.  Fly around, grab onto things and SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF THEM
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Warforged Vampire Ghost Pirate

(and yes, one of my players has the character in my Level 24 Tuesday Night game)

Dunno, I still like Warforged Revenant Vampire Ghost Werewolf, otherwise known as "how many common horror monsters can we combine in one character?"

Traveler's Harlequin PP let's you take more MCs, now you can grab that circus bear familiar too. That open up any more Bear options?

Hm, if you can take more MCs, then there's the possibility of MC'ing sorcerer and swapping for that daily that splits you into four "minions". Although it would take a turn to wild-shape into a bear on each of them, (since you can't use an arcane power while shape-shifted, last I checked; which I could be wrong) you'd be looking at around 8 (You x4, Beast companion, Spirit companion, Familiar, Summon).

Hmm...
can you mount a bear?
Perhaps there's an item that's bear-related. Or something.

Hm, if you can take more MCs, then there's the possibility of MC'ing sorcerer and swapping for that daily that splits you into four "minions". Although it would take a turn to wild-shape into a bear on each of them, (since you can't use an arcane power while shape-shifted, last I checked; which I could be wrong) you'd be looking at around 8 (You x4, Beast companion, Spirit companion, Familiar, Summon).

Hmm...
can you mount a bear?
Perhaps there's an item that's bear-related. Or something.

I was just thinking that you needed to have an entire mounted gnome party so that you can all ride into battle on the bear army.  Bonus points for having russian accents and speaking of the motherland.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
For the undead build, don't forget to add the Ghost template from the most recent Dragon magazine.  Just how many types of undead can you be simultaneously?
MC or hybrid arcane for Archlich?
Speaking of being as many somethings as one can: I've been trying to figure out how to get the largest number of races on one character at the same time. The best I can come up with is Revenant Deva with the Soul of the World ED and 2 more races, but 4 seems like such a terribly small number. Also, for reasons that may or may not have something to do with a conversation between a Warforged and a Minotaur involving if one could be an entire patrol on one's own, the idea is to be a functional race (apply for feats etc.), so Soul of the World Half-Elf doesn't equal 2 more races instead of one, for my idea.
Here's another one: dead genasi, hybrid DW Monk|Warlock (TFP into Elemental), MC something divine, Morninglord, Radiant One. Firewind Blade, Shocking Flame, Crown of the Brilliant Sun. Use Monk powers as your standard actions, use Warlock powers as non-standard actions (Quickened Spellcasting, immediate powers, Eldritch Strike on AoOs and granted attacks). Use Elemental Pact to sling around fire vulnerability, use Morninglord to sling around radiant vulnerability, use Shocking Flame to ping both of them on both normal attacks and FoB, and use Radiant One to do it all over again. Attack + RO + FOB + RO = an easy four pings of two different vulnerabilities every turn, since RO is worded in such a fantastically stupid manner. Oh, and Firewind Blade will add an extra ping, which I think adds another ping of RO. So about six pings of two vulnerabilities on a normal standard action.

It's not as ridiculous as some of the other ones in this thread, but to me, it reads like a lineup of "Stupid CharOp Tricks, Greatest Hits Edition." Nothing new there, but I've personally never seen a build shoving all of them together before.
Here's another one: dead genasi, hybrid DW Monk|Warlock (TFP into Elemental), MC something divine, Morninglord, Radiant One. Firewind Blade, Shocking Flame, Crown of the Brilliant Sun. Use Monk powers as your standard actions, use Warlock powers as non-standard actions (Quickened Spellcasting, immediate powers, Eldritch Strike on AoOs and granted attacks). Use Elemental Pact to sling around fire vulnerability, use Morninglord to sling around radiant vulnerability, use Shocking Flame to ping both of them on both normal attacks and FoB, and use Radiant One to do it all over again. Attack + RO + FOB + RO = an easy four pings of two different vulnerabilities every turn, since RO is worded in such a fantastically stupid manner. Oh, and Firewind Blade will add an extra ping, which I think adds another ping of RO. So about six pings of two vulnerabilities on a normal standard action.

It's not as ridiculous as some of the other ones in this thread, but to me, it reads like a lineup of "Stupid CharOp Tricks, Greatest Hits Edition." Nothing new there, but I've personally never seen a build shoving all of them together before.

That's exactly the build i'm making right now, but i use Battlemind|Warlock, since it fits even better, due to better ability score spreading (Con/Int, means i get the full benefit of radiant one and i can abuse PElor's Boon). Since vulnerabilities, pelor's and Radiant One are Firewind Blade's best and only friends, this can only be topped if u choose a fey race as past soul and pick Sarifal Feywarden. 
That would be 55 (vul+radiant one+pelor's boon) + 6 = 61 dmg per Firewind Blade's property procc.
The downside would be, that it really starts kicking in at 21st lvl.
I'm pretty sure there's not much, that can top that char on 30, tho, besides zone abusing builds.

Edit: Oh and btw, Hybriding DW monk wont be legal at many tables, cause it's not RAW. 
One of the DMs at my local gaming store is a very big RP/fluff/Mechanically optimized characters have no place at my table kind of guy.  The post in the original build was made to troll him, and did.  Responses included "How did you start with 2 18s?", and "NONE of this triggered the houserule thing?" and "Vampires use Ki?!".  Another guy I play a thursday game with brought a bullywug assassin, RPs him like a Gungan, and refers to killing enemies as croaking them.  I'm pretty sure this guys head is going to explode soon.
One of the DMs at my local gaming store is a very big RP/fluff/Mechanically optimized characters have no place at my table kind of guy.  The post in the original build was made to troll him, and did.  Responses included "How did you start with 2 18s?", and "NONE of this triggered the houserule thing?" and "Vampires use Ki?!".  Another guy I play a thursday game with brought a bullywug assassin, RPs him like a Gungan, and refers to killing enemies as croaking them.  I'm pretty sure this guys head is going to explode soon.

As much as I like messing with people, asking to join a dude's game and bringing in characters with the express purpose in mind for trolling the guy's playing style seems like pretty bad form.

Unless the guy's all douchey about how he plays, then he probably deserves it. But from what you said it just sounds like he's a storyteller DM using the wrong system. 
Many faces, many sizes: Pixie race, Watershaper theme, Traveler's Harlequin PP. By level 12 you can look like any humanoid of medium, small or tiny size. Throw in a False Blood Amulet and a Hat of Disguise if you want to be able to change your origin and clothing to really sell the disguise. (Also potentially nice to have pixie flight while being a medium sized humanoid and therefore wielding a normal sized weapon.)

I've been having trouble pulling off the same thing with beasts of different sizes. Hengeyokai race or Tuathan theme would allow me to be a tiny animal, and Druid class would allow me to be a medium beast. How can I also be a small critter (and preferably not just once a day)? Anyone have any ideas?

As much as I like messing with people, asking to join a dude's game and bringing in characters with the express purpose in mind for trolling the guy's playing style seems like pretty bad form.

Unless the guy's all douchey about how he plays, then he probably deserves it. But from what you said it just sounds like he's a storyteller DM using the wrong system. 

Oh it was encounters, my friend asked me to come since the table wouldn't have made otherwise.  One of the DMs favorite characters is a gnoll battlemind who uses a whip, if that tells you anything.
Oh it was encounters, my friend asked me to come since the table wouldn't have made otherwise.  One of the DMs favorite characters is a gnoll battlemind who uses a whip, if that tells you anything.

So, a dude more interested in storytelling and interesting characters than game mechanics volunteers to run an Encounters table?

....I absolve you of all responsibility in your trolling sins my son. 

So, a dude more interested in storytelling and interesting characters than game mechanics volunteers to run an Encounters table?

....I absolve you of all responsibility in your trolling sins my son. 

The grand masterpiece would have been when we got into the bandit hideout or whatever it was and I could take off my robe.  Being nonmagical cloth armor, it didnt matter anyhow.  I told him that due to my previous life as a pixie, I always had some residual pixie dust iin the air around me.  I let it sink in and watched the look of abject terror begin to form in his eyes and I said "Yes, I am the entire twilight saga (revenant pixie werewolf vampire), and I'm here to murder your bandits". If I can't op the character, I'm sure as hell going to op trolling potential.
Many faces, many sizes: Pixie race, Watershaper theme, Traveler's Harlequin PP. By level 12 you can look like any humanoid of medium, small or tiny size. Throw in a False Blood Amulet and a Hat of Disguise if you want to be able to change your origin and clothing to really sell the disguise. (Also potentially nice to have pixie flight while being a medium sized humanoid and therefore wielding a normal sized weapon.)

I've been having trouble pulling off the same thing with beasts of different sizes. Hengeyokai race or Tuathan theme would allow me to be a tiny animal, and Druid class would allow me to be a medium beast. How can I also be a small critter (and preferably not just once a day)? Anyone have any ideas?

What about doing both?  And being a Lazylord to boot (so you can keep your charisma shtick and "talk" your way through situations, or look like some other person while commanding your own allies to attack or enemies to attack/grant opportunity attacks to allies while the enemies are confused.)

You can change size, shape just as you wanted.  You can even change into a tiny beast through Wild Shape (too bad cannot change size).

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Charm, level 30
Pixie, Warlord (Marshal), Traveler's Harlequin, Warmaster
Build: Tactical Warlord
Warlord Option: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Tactical Presence
Traveler's Unpredictable Power Option: Traveler's Unpredictable Power (Paragon Path)
Traveler's Unpredictable Power (Paragon Path) Option: Traveler's Unpredictable Power (Manifest the Mighty Hero)
On the Run from the Devil (On the Run from the Devil Benefit)
Theme: Watershaper

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 14, DEX 12, INT 26, WIS 14, CHA 26

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 16

AC: 44 Fort: 43 Ref: 47 Will: 47
HP: 171 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +29, Diplomacy +28, History +28, Intimidate +28, Nature +24, Perception +23

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +15, Arcana +23, Athletics +14, Dungeoneering +17, Endurance +16, Heal +19, Insight +21, Religion +23, Stealth +22, Streetwise +23, Thievery +15

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Watershaper Attack: Buffeting Wave
Pixie Utility: Pixie Dust
Pixie Utility: Shrink
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Bard Utility: Skald's Aura
Druid Feature: Wild Shape
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Druid Attack 1: Swarming Locusts
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem
Warlord Utility 6: Reorient the Axis
Watershaper Utility 6: Flowing Features
Traveler's Harlequin Attack 11: Traveler's Mummery
Traveler's Harlequin Utility 12: Shape of the Traveler
Warlord Attack 13: Pincer Maneuver
Warlord Attack 15: Band of Fellows
Warlord Utility 16: Warlord's Banner
Warlord Attack 17: We Will Not Fail
Warlord Attack 19: Exhorted Counterattack
Mythic Skald Attack 20: Manifest the Mighty Hero
Warlord Utility 22: Quickening Order
Warmaster Utility 26: Spring the Trap (epic)
Warlord Attack 27: A Plan Comes Together
Warlord Attack 29: Perfect Front

FEATS
Level 1: Tactical Assault
Level 2: Teeny Target
Level 4: Mark of Healing
Level 6: Improved Inspiring Word
Level 8: Ninth Legion Student
Level 10: Master of Stories
Level 11: Combat Commander
Level 11: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 12: Fight On
Level 14: Lend Strength
Level 16: Lend Might
Level 18: Improved Defenses
Level 21: Learn by Doing
Level 21: Superior Initiative
Level 22: Supreme Inspiration
Level 24: Martial Mastery
Level 26: Epic Fortitude
Level 28: Epic Reflexes
Level 30: Epic Will

ITEMS
Tactician's Chainmail +6 x1
Golden Crown of Battle Command x1
Healer's Brooch +6 x1
Gloves of the Healer (epic tier) x1
Belt of Vitality x1
Greater Ring of Invisibility x1
Ring of Tenacious Will
Sandals of Avandra x1
Demonskin Tattoo (epic tier) x1
Guarding Whip +2 x1
Restful Bedroll
Everlasting Provisions
Endless Canteen
Battle Standard of the Stalwart
Dragontooth Shield Light Shield x1
Feyslaughter Whip +2
Luminary Ring x1
Hat of Disguise
False Blood Amulet
====== End ======

What about doing both?  And being a Lazylord to boot (so you can keep your charisma shtick and "talk" your way through situations, or look like some other person while commanding your own allies to attack or enemies to attack/grant opportunity attacks to allies while the enemies are confused.)

You can change size, shape just as you wanted.  You can even change into a tiny beast through Wild Shape (too bad cannot change size).

Sovereign Beast ED lets you become Large when you Wild Shape

Very nice! I'm surprised and impressed that you took the time to stat out a full build! 

It was originally my intention to do both, but not being able to do both Medium and Small beasts stopped me short. Still not sure how to achieve both without settling for forms which don't last indefinitely.

Sovereign Beast ED lets you become Large when you Wild Shape

Ah, I'd been digging around for different abilities that let you change shape or appearance indefinitely, and missed that one. Thanks! I'll add that to my list, which I will include here in case anyone else is interested.

Long duration shape or appearance alterations

Wild Shape (druid starting feature): Polymorph to beast form, retain your size
Alter Self (wizard U16): Your size humaniod, doesn't include clothes
Flawless Disguise (Ex Assassin L8 feature): Short rest, humanoid of your size, disguise kit
Veil of a Thousand Faces (Ex Assassin U10): Craft a new disguise

Changeling (race): Medium humanoid, doesn't include clothes
Hengeyokai (race): Tiny animal form

Tuathan Animal Shape (human or HE theme): Tiny fey or natural beast
Flowing Features (U6 Watershaper theme power): Humanoid of your size, doesn't include clothes
Were-themes (various): Beast forms which only last until the end of the encounter

Shadow Serpent Form (Fang of Zehir PP): Serpent form, same size
Mercurial Disguise (Mercurial Assassin PP, dragonborn): medium humanoid, includes clothing
A Thousand Faces (Steadfast Sentinel U16): Humanoid your size, including clothing and items
Shape of the Traveler (Traveler's Harlequin PP): Medium or small humanoid, clothing changes size

Deceptive Veil (Disincarnate ED): Illusory medium humanoid, includes clothing
Magnificent Beast (Sovereign Beast ED L21 feature): Wild shape into large size beast

False Blood Amulet (L7 item): Gain humanoid's origin and keywords.
Hat of Disguise (L10 item): Illusionary appearance of humanoid of same size, includes clothing.
Vryloka has a couple utility powers - the U6 turns you into a wolf and the U10 a tiny flying creature. The Vampire class also has a couple similar powers.
At one point made a Half-Elf Fighter|Druid Blood Moon Stalker who had Freezing Burst as its dilettante power, which could be used in Wild Shape and would mark. And it had Savage Rend for MBAs with combat challenge.

So, basically the build was a White Wolf. 
Vryloka has a couple utility powers - the U6 turns you into a wolf and the U10 a tiny flying creature. The Vampire class also has a couple similar powers.

True, but I'm trying to avoid daily powers that only last for an encounter, or encounter powers that last for a round. I really want powers that last indefinitely. At-will powers like Wild Shape are preferred, but encounter powers like Shape of the Traveler are acceptable.

And before anyone asks, yes, I also want a pony optimized for adorableness for all "wanting" gets me. ;)

True, but I'm trying to avoid daily powers that only last for an encounter, or encounter powers that last for a round. I really want powers that last indefinitely. At-will powers like Wild Shape are preferred, but encounter powers like Shape of the Traveler are acceptable.

And before anyone asks, yes, I also want a pony optimized for adorableness for all "wanting" gets me. ;)

For what it's worth, the Heroes of Shadow Wizard build gets a summon that lasts until it is destroyed.