Necroplasm and 0 CMC creatures

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys,
My question is simple: Let's say I put a Necroplasm at some random turn's main phase. Can Necroplasm destroy 0 CMC creatures (for ex. tokens) at the beginning of that turn's end step?
Hey guys,
My question is simple: Let's say I put a Necroplasm at some random turn's main phase. Can Necroplasm destroy 0 CMC creatures (for ex. tokens) at the beginning of that turn's end step?

Yes.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

note: Necroplasm won't destroy all tokens when it has no counters.

Two reasons:
1) the ability only affects creature tokens (not tokens of other permanent types)
2) not all tokens are CMC 0 (ie. tokens with a mana cost characteristic that isn't )

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

But it will destroy all 0 CMC creatures at the beginning of that turn's end step, as asked. Tokens that are not a copy of something generally do have 0 CMC. Goth isn't saying you're wrong, he's just listing a few instances in which your reasoning doesn't cover all the facts.

For example, cackling counterpart copying a creature with CMC 2 would also have CMC 2, regardless of its status as a token.

midnight haunting would produce tokens with CMC 0.
Cannot be relied upon^
2) not all tokens are CMC 0 (ie. tokens with a mana cost characteristic that isn't )

Most tokens don't have a mana cost of , they have no mana (which is also CMC 0).
Rules Advisor
That's what he said... He said tokens that have a mana cost characteristic other than 0 will not have CMC 0. If your token is a copy of Memnite, it will have a mana cost of 0 and a CMC of 0.

Level 3 DCI Judge Mission Viejo, CA