End of turn stack

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

If I have two Conjurer's Closet in play then in my end step do both their abilities go on the stack before either resolve? Also what actually goes on the stack - is it the "may" ability, so when it starts resolving I then chose whether to do it or not and chose the target, or do I make those choices before anything goes on the stack?

Thanks

both triggers go on the stack
that is not optional, despite the "may" (if there are no legal targets the trigger is simply removed from the stack again)

when they resolve one at a time you decide if you want to "blink" the creature

the answer to the implied question if you can "blink" the same creature twice with 2 closets is "no"
proud member of the 2011 community team
Hi,

If I have two Conjurer's Closet in play then in my end step do both their abilities go on the stack before either resolve? Also what actually goes on the stack - is it the "may" ability, so when it starts resolving I then chose whether to do it or not and chose the target, or do I make those choices before anything goes on the stack?

Thanks

They both go on the Stack; you must pick targets as they go on the Stack. Then each resolves, one at a time. As each resolves, you make the «you may» choice.
Try not to select the same target for both... 

When someone has an imaginary friend, we call it mental sickness. When a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend, we call it a religion.

Both trigger and go on the stack.  You must choose targets when the abilities go on the stack.
The "may" clause is only relevant when the ability resolves.

Note that if both of the abilities target the same creature only the first trigger to resolve will actually do anything, the other would be countered.
MTG Rules Advisor
Aha, thanks for the quick and clear replies, all makes sense now.

Sign In to post comments