[CONTEST] Dimir's Shadowy Grip

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
Final Round: Make your character into a Planeswalker. It must have the same colors as your most recent character creation.

Bonus Round: Make a common that Dimir could play in a Constructed format. It must be blue, black, or a mix of the two.

A courier approaches with a letter. You open the letter, and you see a what appears to be a sigil of an eye with spider-like legs.

Rules

1. I'll be the judge, and I'm grading as I see fit.
2. Rounds will last a minimum of 3 days.  
3. You cannot join if you missed the initial round or if you are eliminated. You can submit for fun though, and I may still critique if I have the time.    
4. Eliminations will be made as the quantity of submissions is overwhelming. 

Claimed by the Shadows (eliminated)
Matt_Holck
idrinkyourmilkshake
Weisse
Cabal
cazoo

Current Ranks
Graverobber
BlueJ
Ulcaster
Illusionaryinfection
Graverobber Fence
Kratos1810
CandyWife20
dtolle
Assassin
an_endless-epidemic
Legendary Assassin
POSValkir1
Koridian
Shadow Hand of Dimir
theatog
Dudibus

Winners
Round 1: AzureShade - Gato the Infiltrator
Round 2: Theatog - Gravestorm Parasite
Round 3: Esterdi - Gene Preserver
Round 4: Dudibus - Dopplore Nugget
Round 5: Lobster667 - Brutal Massacre
Round 6: POSValkir1 - Civilized Ogre
Round 7: Theatog - Encode
Round 8: Theatog -
Bonus Round 1: Esterdi - Esterdi, Lord of Epiphany; CKY - Skyship Arachnimedia

Assignment 1: Create your card representing your character that will be working for Dimir. The character must legendary and have at least one race/species and class.  The character cannot have colors outside blue or black (or colorless).    

Also, anybody who may have interest in creating a community set, please let me know. If it appears enough people are interested, I may start a new thread to discuss this more in detail. Don't get too detailed about your thoughts on this topic on this thread, please.
Stuff
Jezra, Scribe of Ismeri
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever an opponent discards a card, that player plays with his or her hand revealed.
(This effect ends if ~ leaves play).
Whenever you draw a card, target creature you control is unblockable this turn.
, : Draw two cards. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
2/3

Actual Submission
Sleeper Agent Diad
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter
Hexproof
Whenever ~ attacks, it loses hexproof and is unblockable until end of turn.
, Sacrifice another creature: Encode target exiled spell you own with cipher onto ~.
2/1
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Show
He's just a myth.  Kid's stuff -- he doesn't really exist.  It's probably best if you forgot the name, anyways. 
But between you and me, story has it that he's peered into the minds of every Guild Leader but the Dragon himself.  I heard he uses serums that force your deepest secrets to burn inside of you, until you're forced to scream them out.  And, his familiar, a bug-eyed, creepy golem, is capable of entrancing guards so he can sneak by easily, or hypnotizing his subjects so he can erase memories of his existence.

But this is just folklore stuff. Don't let kid's tales keep you up at night.

E: I was hoping to find a homunculus with one large eye that wasn't Fblthp, Doorkeeper, Frilled Oculus, or any number of cards already made by MTG.  Unfortunately, one-eyed homunculii are not common art subjects outside of MTG.
Somewhere deep in the restricted basement of the Ismeri Library, something hums a monotone dirge to itself. A cacophony of frenzied scribbling seems to echo everywhere in the darkened chamber, like the sound of a million scribes chained to their desks. Here and there in the shadows, a long and slender mechanical arm flexes and catches the meager light. And then something skitters up to you and you feel impossibly strong iron girders clamping around your arms and torso, and a blindingly bright light opens up above you, and a female voice whispers: Intruder.

Arachnimedia

Legendary Artifact Creature – Construct Spider Advisor
0/5

Defender, hexproof
: Put a 1/1 colorless Drone artifact creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature is unblockable." and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of that player's library. You may look at and play that card for as long as it remains exiled."

"Drone status: 67 active, 1016 hibernating. 6 new documents of interest have been intercepted and added to my archives. Good morning, Lazav. What can I do for you today?"

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

"Drone status: 67 active, 1016 hibernating. 6 new documents of interest have been intercepted and added to my archives. Good morning, Lazav. What can I do for you today?"

I don't know if it was your intention, but I will be reading your posts in this thread in the voice of Portal's GlaDos from now on.

Also, I'll have a submission ready in just a bit.

Gato the Infiltrator 
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
When Gato the Infiltrator enters the battlefield, target opponent gains control of it.
Gato the Infiltrator is indestructible and must block each turn if able.
When Gato the Infiltrator deals combat damage, its owner draws that many cards.
"Hi, I'm new here.  I guard the vault or something..."
1/1

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Esterdi, Grand Planner
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor

All players skip their draw step.
During each standby phase, pay X life and look at the top X cards of the active player's library (X cannot be 0). Put one of those cards into his hand and the rest at the bottom of his library.

It's too dangerous to let people think freely.

2/2
Vikael, Thought Trafficker
Legendary Creature - Spirit Rogue
If a card would be put into a player’s hand from anywhere, that player exiles it face up instead. You and your teammates may play cards exiled this way for as long as they remain exiled.
Each opponent may play cards he or she exiled with ~ this turn.
1/5
Lakos, Dimir Extractor
Legendary Creature - Vampire Advisor (MR)
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, you may draw a card.
Whenever an opponent is dealt combat damage, that player discards a card.
: ~ gets your choice of hexproof or deathtouch until end of turn.
: Tap or untap target creature. It must attack or block this turn if able.
2/2
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Lucas Tulgan, Covert Recruiter
When Lucas Tulgan, Covert Recruiter deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
At the beginning of your end step, put a permanent discarded by an opponent this turn onto the battlefield under you control.
You learn most about a man by what he is willing to throw away.
4/4

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
empty boat creature ship
shadow
0/4
Shredds, Cerulean Spy
Legendary Creature - Vampire Rogue
Hexproof
At the beginning of each end step, you may play nonland cards discarded this turn by an opponent without paying its mana cost.
1/1

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
omg jeez. sorry
I will come up with something else. if something else comes up.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Clinging Shadow creature Licid shade
shadow
 Clinging Shadow loses this ability and becomes
    an Aura enchantment with enchant creature.
    Attach it to target creature.
    You may pay to end this effect.
    Enchant Creature has -3/0
(1/1)
Alarron, Heir of the Dim
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, that opponent discards a card at random.  At the beginning of your end step, draw a card for each card discarded this way.
"We will spread across this plane as shadows in the night.  We will take them from the undercity, from the streets, and from their homes.  We will take all of Ravnica."
1/4

some quick thoughts [spoiler]this is the same Alarron from Dudibus's Simic contest
this is him before he leaves the Dimir; before branching out into other colors of mana
note that his draw ability is mandatory = he hasn't learned to holster his powers when appropriate; his desire to spread out and conquer Ravnica yet knows no bounds, no self-control
Mauny, Informant for Hire u/b u/b u/b
Hexproof
~ is unblockable
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, that play may discard any number of cards and prevent X damage where X is the number of cards discarded this way.
IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img839/3797/maunyinformantforhire.jpg) Uploaded with ImageShack.us' alt='IMAGE(IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img839/3797/maunyinformantforhire.jpg) Uploaded with ImageShack.us)' />
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Is this sort of like the Simic contest? I'll do a journal entry just in case, but you can ignore it if its not.

Journal

The mornings are the worst. I spent the better part of an hour just tryin to convince myself to get out of bed. It doesn't pay to be an old man on Ravnica. I should be thankful, though. I've had a pretty uneventful, mostly comfortable life. Many of my guildless brethren can't say the same. Now I think about it, most of 'em aren't alive enough to say much of anything. I guess that's something.

I've spent most of my life around books. I was hired by Old Gorotha the Goblin before my 14th birthday, and still work for him to this day. I wonder how old that crazy goblin is anyway? I remember meeting him for the first time, and thinking how old he looked. That was a long time ago. I give him credit, though, for teaching me everything a person might want to know about book binding. That's what I do.

Those religious kooks gave us a big order yesterday so I should probably go...

The owner of my room just came by. Nice guy. Gunnar by name. Used to be in the garrison. He comes up here sometimes and tells me stories of how he single handedly held back an angry ogre trying to attack...something. Can't remember what. Pretty good story though. He lets me complain about this damn draft in my room (although he hasn't done anything about it yet). Oh well. Doesn't pay to be old, I tell ya.

Seems someone sent me letter. I'll read it then get going.

Arameus the Aged
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard
Your maximum hand size is reduced by one.
: Draw a card.
Wisdom is only possessed by the learned.
0/2
Sebastion, Gatecrasher 
Legendary Creature - Cyclops Artificer
5/5

Sebastion, Gatecrasher gets -1/-1 for each Gate on the battlefield.

: Put a 0/1 Artifact Creature token onto the battlefield.
, Sacrifice an Artifact: Destroy target Gate. Its controller searches his or her library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffles his or her library.
Sacrifice an Artifact: Untap Sebastion, Gatecrasher.

Arameus the Aged
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard
Your maximum hand size is reduced by one.
: Draw a card.
Wisdom is only possessed by the learned.
0/2

This is awesome! High five!

Secretseeker, Shadow-walker :ubm:
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter Rogue
~ can only be blocked by one creature.
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may draw up to that many cards.
Discard a card: Regenerate ~.
I've been expecting you. Yes, yes. I know. Come in...
(2/2)
Is this sort of like the Simic contest? I'll do a journal entry just in case, but you can ignore it if its not.

It is, although I doubt I'll give as much roleplaying and time that was involved with that one. I'll try to work some in, but I do appreciate stuff like this as it never hurts to give your card some support in case I don't get what you were attempting with it. Everybody seemed a bit itchy after the Simic contest concluded, so I figured I'd pick up some slack at least for a little while.
The Penthouse Watcher 
Legendary Creature- Spider Horror
Hexproof
defender
Intel 10- When this creature blocks, you may look at the top 10 cards of target players library, and put them back in any order.
4/6

"And in the center of this web of secrets rests a spider, who's eight eyes spectate the roar of the city." -Lavaz
IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/oQoEq.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/cH6Sm.gif)
Valkir, the Informed      
Legendary Creature - Elf Rogue

Hexproof
: Reveal the top card of target opponent's library.  Scry X, then draw a card.  X is the converted mana cost of the card revealed.
: Put the top two cards of target opponent's library into their graveyard.  That opponent loses life equal to the combined converted mana cost of those cards.

He always seems to know whats coming next.  Whether it's a knife thrown at his head, or where his target's head will be.

2/2

Work in progress... 
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Vesva, Dimir Neurologist

Legendary Creature -- Human Wizard

Creatures with Paralyzation counters on them don't untap during their controller's untap step.

, :T:: Tap target creature, and put a paralyzation counter on it.

, :T:: Gain control of target creature with a Paralyzation counter on it. Remove the counter at the end of the turn.

It's simple. We send out our informants, kidnap the targets, and then tamper with their nervours system. They'll comply after you give them time.

2/3 

love the art!
we used it in the Inner Demons contest one round...
in fact, for a round specifically set in Ravnica
Alric, Master Informant
Legendary Creature- Human Rouge

Alric, Master Informant is unblockable

Rouges you control gain +1 +1 and "When this creature deals combat damage, draw a card"

Up to two Rouges you control are unblockable this turn

You learn nothing in this city unless you are willing to get your hands dirty, then again, you can always pay someone to do that for you

So, now that we've hit the three day minimum, and we have around three pages of entries......how much longer is this round due to go on?

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

love the art!
we used it in the Inner Demons contest one round...
in fact, for a round specifically set in Ravnica

I Know i Liked the Art, but my first card kinda sucked

IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/oQoEq.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/cH6Sm.gif)
Alric, Master Informant
Legendary Creature- Human Rouge

Alric, Master Informant is unblockable

Rouges you control gain +1 +1 and "When this creature deals combat damage, draw a card"

Up to two Rouges you control are unblockable this turn

You learn nothing in this city unless you are willing to get your hands dirty, then again, you can always pay someone to do that for you

wheres Power/Toughness ????
Round Closed. Working on grades.
Weisse

There's a good chance of being overpowered on this one. It's a weaker Invisible Stalker + Sacrifice Outlet + can reuse dead cipher spells. I can't say for certain without playtesting if it's definitley too strong. I don't fully get the idea that this is a shapeshifter either. It seems like a vampire Rogue to me (Sack Outlet and unblockable). It does otherwise fit Dimir very well. Unfortunatley, the shapeshifter feels out of place and hexproof feels a bit obvious. No promotion.

idrinkyourmilkshake

Rather high P/T for a human, but he is legendary. I think he could reasonbly go up to 5/5 or dropped down to CMC 3 (Phyrexian Obliterator). I think this is fine, but really just has a lot of text that says "unblockable". This represents Dimir very nicely, however, and I can believe this is a design that could see print. Even though the flavor fits, I don't thin its enough. No promotion.

CKY

I meant to put that the creature must be intelligent for the criteria, but this could still have or be on its way to some intelligent thought. I like this a lot though. I almost wish it created little spiders because it makes me think of the movies with mechanical "spy"ders like in Minority Report.  At least I think that was one of the movies. Dimir doesn't have a lot of artifact play, but could this creature perhaps be out to change that? Promoted.

AzureShade

A double agent! Since it is conditional it appears to be balanced. Although, he may need to work on conning himself into new jobs. Promoted.

Esterdi

I'm a big fan of risky cards like this. It can really come back to bite you. You win generally at least get a fateseal at least from it which is nice. All around a great Dimir character. Promoted.

Cabal

I see potential in this design, and I commend it for that. However, the problem here is setting up for confusing game play (who gets to play the card first when multiple players have access to it), and also it isn't fun if the other player can't play anything (land screws, etc.) Not promoted.

Lobster667

Wow, this guy does a lot. Probably the only thing killing it for me is he is 2/2. If he can stay alive, he is a force from hell, though. That's a big if. Putting deathtouch on a 2/2 CMC 6 creature is almost a joke unless it has first strike as well. I really want to let this pass since he's an awesome vampire with all sorts of Dimir things to throw around, but - Not Promoted.

Dudibus

This guy is solid. Even though he doesn't activate right away, a good player would know to have some combo set up. Cool flavor going on. Promoted.

Matt_Holck

Both your entries don't meet the criteria. Claimed by the shadows.

theatog

It seems too close to what Dudibus posted for me. If you disagree, just let me know why. Not promoted.

Koridian

No doubt this is really good and flavorful. Although a turn 2 Invisible Stalker, turn 3 Lingering souls could make this thing broken. I think I'm going to let this pass. I've been dinged so many times for getting the CMC wrong, and I think that's really not a good thing to judge based on. One or two mana to play this would be more likely, though. Promoted.

CandyWife20

This is a 4/4 Invisible Stalker for only 3 mana. Way too overpowered, and not very creative. The last ability doesn't matter unless the defender has 5 or less life. Not Promoted. 

Ulcaster

I don't normally concede the game on turn one, but OK. I like where this is going a whole lot, but reducing your handsize by one really only makes this into a Merfolk Looter on the worst hands, and that guy costs 2 mana. If your goal is to keep this a CMC 1 that allows card draw, hand size may need to go down as much as 4 or 5. That's how strong this dude is. Also, even though he may be Dimir, I'm not feeling complete dimir here and would guess this was Izzet before Dimir. Not promoted.

BlueJ

Cyclops Artificer? I don't get it, but I like it. A cyclops wouldn't be expected to be a Dimir operative, and moving Dimir into the world of artificers is an intersting change. But why gates? I don't really get the goal of this card? Obviously you don't want to run gates yourself playing this guy. And as long as your opponent isn't playing gates, he's a 5/5 guy that makes useless artifacts. Why? I want to attack with a 5/5, not make useless artifacts. At the chance an opponent is playing gates, I have to waste turns destroying gates to keep my guy from dying which also gives deck thinning to the opponent. Not promoted.

dtolle

This really doesn't seem legendary to me. Why would I care if he's blocked by more than one creature as one is all it takes to kill him? Discarding a card to regenerate a 2/2? No thanks. His one ability that appears to be something is the card draw ability. He obviously requires a combo or otherwise he's useless, and the combo will probably difficult to pull off, and unless he's pumped will give you only two cards for that costs you two or more cards and a butt load of mana. And, again, where is the shapeshifting ability here? This in now way appears to be a shapeshifter. Not promoted.

cazoo

I like the intel ability on this card as it combines scrying and fateseal, which I think is a reasonable ability for MtG to combine and keep within black/blue. However, intel 10 is nuts. The problem here is that this card really says "creatures without an evasion ability cannot attack you." Isperia, Supreme Judge fell victim to this same problem. And I'm not completely on board with the spider subtype. I get that it was a lot of eyes and stuff (in which case Intel 8 would seem more appropriate), but I'm not really sold on a blue spider with hexproof and defender. Not Promoted. 

IllusionaryInfection

I love tutors, and even though a Demon is out of place in Dimir, I'd argue that that's the perfect cover to represent Dimir. The wording is very off on this. The wording should say "...with cipher and reveal that card. Put that card into your hand ... cast it as though it were an instant. Shuffle your library."  Hexproof on this card? Not really creative, but I'd like some collateral with a CMC 5 that doesn't do squat til my next turn. I'd almost rather him drop the hexproof and tutor a single time upon entering the battlefield. Despite it's flaws, I'm letting this one pass since its a demon that tutors cipher spells. Promoted.

POSValkir1

Elf is a rather unusual race to find here, which I like. The Informed is his name, though? Ouch. It's a gamble card as you pay 7 mana to find out an opponent is drawing a land and then you draw a card, or you may get lucky. The second ability is OK giving both mill and potential life loss, but really the first ability is way better. Hexproof again? It's necessary here, of course, but I'm getting tired of seeing it. I'd rather see protection from white or something. I think the Elf and the first ability being interesting will let you just slide by. Promoted.

an_endless_epidemic

A lobotomy doctor is some nice flavor. It's not very creative mechanically, and it's not very good mechanically outside limited as it is very slow. It's otherwise a solid design. Promoted.

Kratos1810

Even though a rogue lord is a good idea, this is overpowered. I would have rather him gave other rogues unblockable rather than card draw. I don't see why his activated ability is necessary, because I'll be running evasion rogues regardless. Even then it's too powerful. Two creatures unblockable? Wow. You're hoping to get at least a 2 card draw when you drop this, and there's a good chance of that happening. Also, what is the P/T for this guy? He dies right away as he is. Really, this design could have made the cut with a little bit of editing. Not Promoted.

A centaur wakes you from your sleep, hands you a letter, and vaporizes into a black smoke.

The mark of a talented operative is remaining anonymous. Those who are discovered, whether it be through loose lips or sloppy work, must pay the iron price. You have been selected to advance the goals of House Dimir. However, should your lips move, should your dagger be clean, or should your face be noticed, you will be claimed by the shadows. A low bottom feeding maggot such as yourself will find your yourself at home in a centaur graveyard.

Assignment: Design a card that is related to graverobbing or shows the findings of your graverobbing. If you were not promoted in this round, you have a chance to be claimed by the shadows if you do not make it through this round. All promoted people are safe. Sorry, but 20 grades is a lot.

Claimed by the shadows: Matt_Holck

Top Card of the Round: Azure Shade's Gato the Infiltrator  
Updates have been made to the OP. You can keep track of your rankings there, as well. I also edited the round 3 assignment to hopefully clear up what I intended, so if there are any questions about it please ask.
Graverobbing?
Loading records, please wait.
Thank you for waiting, sir. One (1) match found.
Are you referring to the tactical recovery of biomass from Niebo Cemetery, sir?
Is that so, sir?
A test of my newly upgraded abilities. I see.
Analyzing.
My professional analysis would be that such a task is trivial, sir.
So trivial, in fact, that I have just completed it.
I began the process of infiltration two months ago, sir.
With access to your confidential information, your plans were not difficult to predict within a given timeframe.

Please refer to documents 131(A) through 131(F) for additional details about my initial reconnaissance sweep, and subsequent biomass recovery.
It has been a pleasure working with you, sir. Please press "1" if my service has been satisfactory...

---

Perfect Information

Sorcery

Draw two cards.
As long as Perfect Information is in your hand, you may look at and rearrange cards in your opponents' libraries. When an opponent catches you in the act, you immediately discard Perfect Information and each opponent shuffles his or her library.

"There is no such thing as planning too far in advance."
–Arachnimedia 

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Perfect Information

Sorcery

Draw two cards.
As long as Perfect Information is in your hand, you may look at and rearrange cards in your opponent's library. When an opponent catches you in the act, you immediately discard Perfect Information and that player shuffles his or her library.

"There is no such thing as planning too far in advance."
–Arachnimedia 

Hahaha, I really really like this card.  If you aint cheatin you aint tryin!
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Enemy's Advantage  
Sorcery
Exile a card from target opponent's graveyard.  Choose one: Target permanent you control, which shares a type with the exiled card, gains all abilities of the exiled card; or put a copy of the exiled card into play under your control.
Cipher

"Knowledge and rarity are only advantages so long as the knowledge is unique and the rare are not mass-produced." - Valkir 

Work in progress..
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Ghoulish Interrogation
Sorcery
Exile target creature card from an opponents graveyard. Draw a card for each colored mana symbol in the exiled creatures mana cost.
Cipher
The brain is simply a vault locked by death.

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Ghoulcalling
Sorcery

Return target creature from an opponent's graveyard to the battlefield under your control. It's a zombie in addition to its other types and has "Creatures you don't control get -2/-0".

And this, young grasshopper, is how you reduce morale.

Night Treasure
Sorcery
Exile target card from a graveyard.  Its owner discards a card and you draw a card.
"I found it sticking out of the ground.  I had to do some digging first, but....yeah."  - Gato, the Infiltrator

Fledgeling Reanimation :ubm:
Creature - Zombie Horror
Persist
When Fledgeling Reanimation dies, target opponent chooses one -- that player discards a card, or that player puts the top four cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
"The Azorious will sick their dogs on me if any more bodies go missing -- and the Swarm is tiring of our thefts.  Perhaps a small surprise left in the corpses.. should they be reclaimed." -- Alarron, Heir of the Dim
1/1
Tales From Beyond
Instant (U)
Exile target opponent's graveyard. Draw a card. If a creature card was exiled this way, draw two cards instead.
"That dead men tell no tales is a myth of the common people. We know better." -Lazav, Dimir Mastermind.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Sleep Among the Dead
Instant 

Send target creature you control to your graveyard second from the top, then return it to the battlefield under your control at the next end step

Draw a card

Our agents need only to look to those who failed before them to find safety from scrutiny.  
Grave Robber
Creature- Human Rogue
Intimidate
When ~ dies, you may exile it. If you do, return a creature at random from your graveyard to the battlefield.
The tomb did say 'do not disturb'.
3/2
Sign In to post comments