You Make the Card Type (Contest)

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
I bet none of those noobs in YMtC can come up with a new card type. Also they smell.
—Mark Rosewater

Needless to say, we're not gonna take that insult. So I issue to you all... a contest! To go beyond creating new and original enchantments or sorceries, and create all new sorts of charms and entities!

The rules are very simple:

1. You must design at least one card. It may not be any existing card type.

2. You must briefly explain the flavour and mechanical identity of the card type you have created. Special rules (like if the card is played rather than cast, or if it has any inherent abilities) should be included.

3. You have 24 hours to submit an entry in this contest.

Submissions will be rated by me. The card(s) you design is/are merely a tool you can use to show off your card type; the card type is what will actually determine the winner. Important factors are originality, identity and functionality.

Now make me proud and make MaRo hang his head in shame for ever doubting you!

Dummy Player Enchantment
When this is cast; Choose an opponent and color.
  Give this control of all cards of only that color and lands that only produce that color
  in your hand(reveal hand) to dummy player's hand
  and under your control to dummy players control.
This starts with 7 life and draws from your deck.
Dummy Player takes its turn after chosen opponent.
When this or you draw a card; reveal it
  If the card is only the chosen color or a land the produces the chosen color,
   put it in Dummy Player's hand otherwise put it in your hand.
This does not share your graveyard.
You Control Dummy Player and it cannot win.
If this leaves play, exile all cards this controlled.
If you loss, this leaves play.
Pre-ramble:

What do we have currently:
Artifact
Creature
Enchantment
Instant
Land
Planeswalker
Sorcery

Artifact Creature

What gets represented?
Objects we use like amulets or thrones or weapons.
Living breathing (or not) beings that we summon to our aid.
Auras that linger to manipulate our plans.
Responses, or otherwise quick thinking.
Lands, or other memories storing our mana.
Persons as powerful as ourselves.
Basic spellcasting.

In other versions, we have the worlds we traverse, and unimaginable happenstances.

Where, in all of Magic, are the bathrooms?

But seriously now, Magic doesn't do weather. And that is what I will attempt. Sure it's lame, but it has it's own quirks.
Nevermind, I'll make my own card type. It is a creature type, which makes it difficult so I renamed it.
I'll give you a hint, I'm redoing walls.

Palisade is my new card type...

Hype:

What is a Palisade?
I'm glad you asked!
It's a wall.
But it's not just any ordinary wall, it's not a creature, but it certainly acts like one... to an extent.

***Palisades are expensive, and you'll see why soon. They rarely are cheap (except for cheap ones), but they yield extremely powerful benefit to whomever controls one.
***Palisades require time. Similar to Suspend, you need time to build something so awesome as a palisade to hide behind.
***Palisades are impenetrable. Once you have a palisade up, you are immune until it falls down.

Submission:

Here's an example of a Palisade:

Marble Bulwark --
Palisade (U)

Build 3 - :WM::WM: (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay :WM::WM:. If you do, put a Support counter on Marble Bulwark. As long as there are 3 Support counters on Marble Bulwark, it is active.)
As long as Marble Bulwark is active, creatures you contorl with defender get +0/+4.

The rules:

See "Formalized" Rules instead.

The untold rules of Palisades.
1) Palisades CAN have abilities. If they do, they are only active if the Palisade is active.
2) An inactive Palisade does absolutely nothing.
3) A Palisade is played at sorcery speed.
4) As long as your Palisade is active:
4A: All abilities it has is active as well.
4B: You have hexproof.
4C: You have protection from damage.
5) If, while your Palisade is active, a source would deal damage to you; prevent that damage and remove that many Support counters from the Palisade.
5A) If you are unable to remove that many support counters, remove them all and the Palisade deals the leftover damage to you.
5A1) Note, that it's the Palisade dealing the damage, not the original source. And this is all before the palisade is put into the graveyard.

I'll try to make this less mishmashed in the morning. Now to check to make sure I did everything.

EDIT:
"Formalized" Rules:

Palisade
Palisade is a permanent card type.
You may cast a Palisade any time you may cast a sorcery.
Once a Palisade enters the battlefield, it is considered inactive (Unless otherwise noted).
A Palisade has no effect on the game unless it is active.
All Palisades have an ability called Build.
Build N - [COST] means two things: 1) At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay [COST]. If you do, put a Support counter on this card. 2) As long as this card has N Support counters on it, it is active.
You may only control ONE active Palisade at a time.
*** You cannot pay a Palisade A's Build cost if you control an active Palisade B; IF it would bring Palisade A's Support counters to greater than or equal to it's Build Number.
For example:
At the beginning of your upkeep...

Palisade A has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (5 Support counters, is active)
Palisade B has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (2 Support counters, is inactive)
Palisade C has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (1 Support counters, is inactive)

You could pay Palisade A's Build cost to put a Support counter on it. It's active.
You could NOT pay Palisade B's Build cost. It already has as much as it can without becoming active.
You could pay Palisade C's Build cost to put a Support counter on it. It would not become active by doing so.

*** If, for some reason, you control two  or more active Palisades. You must choose one to remain active, and then remove the appropriate number of counters from all other Palisades you control until they become inactive.
For example:
You proliferate...
Palisade A has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (6 Support counters, is active)
Palisade B has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (3 Support counters, is inactive)
Palisade C has Build 3 - :WM::WM: (2 Support counters, is inactive)

You would have to choose either Palisade A or Palisade B to remain active.
If you chose A, you remove X counters from B until X is less than N (From Build N [COST]) In this case you'll remove 1 counter from Palisade B (You remove all but N - 1 Support counters, which is 2. ). You don't remove any counters from Palisade C, it already has less than 3 Support counters.

Once a Palisade is active, several things happen.
*** Any abilities that the card has, come into effect (Much like an enchantment).
*** You gain hexproof. You have hexproof until your Palisade becomes inactive or destroyed.
*** You have protection from damage. You cannot be dealt damage until your Palisade becomes inactive or destroyed (You can still lose life).
Palisades are interacted with in a specific way.
If you would be dealt damage, prevent that damage. Then remove that many Support counters from that Palisade.
*** If this causes a Palisade to have at least 1 Support counter, but less than it's Build Number, it becomes inactive.
*** Yes, a Palisade can become active/inactive multiple times in a game.
If you would remove more Support counters from a Palisade than it currently has. Remove all of the counters. The Palisade deals the leftover damage to you. Then, the Palisade is destroyed.
*** If you are unable to remove that many Support counters from that Palisade because there is not enough. The damage is still prevented. You remove all counters from the Palisade. The Palisade deals whatever damage is left over, to you. Then, the Palisade is destroyed.
For example:
If your Palisade had 2 Support counters on it, and you would be dealt 5 damage. The damage is prevented. You remove 2 Support counters from it. It deals 3 damage to you (5 - 2). Then the Palisade is destroyed.

*** If, for some reason, your Palisade has 0 Support counters on it and is still active, when you would be dealt X damage. The damage is still prevented. You remove 0 counters from your Palisade. Your Palisade deals X damage to you. Then the Palisade is destroyed.

Phew... I think I got it all...
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Whim-Steel Weaponry
Dream [Uncommon]
(Dreams are exiled when they resolve)
Creatures you control get +1/+1 and have first strike as long as Whim-Steel Weaponry is exiled.
On Kralis, a wish made in anger can be as sharp as steel and just as deadly.

Originally developed for my (currently shelved) set Kralis, Dreams are cards that are exiled when they resolve and have an effect from exile. Dreams represent the power of the Realms Unreal to warp and bend the Real, and to be warped and bent by the Real in turn; they are the manifestations of hopes, wishes, fears, and emotions turned into tangible effects. While in some sense functionally similar to enchantments, dreams have a few differences:

- Dreams are favored in Red, Blue, and White, who have mechanics that care about exiled cards and positively boost Dreams.

- Dreams are likewise hated upon by Black and Green, who favor a solid grounding in reality.

- Unlike enchantments, Dreams are not created on purpose; a sorcerer can tap into a Dream, but not direct one. The only way to truly destroy a Dream is to send it to the graveyard.

Soul of the Dead |
Soul [R]
Zombie Creatures you control get +2/+2.
Who ever knew the soul of the dead was so alive.

Show

Soul - Soul is similar to an leyline only with two major differences.
1. A player may have only one soul active on the battlefield. If more souls are cast after the first one, they fizzle.
2. Souls usually are creature based, thus soul of the dead(zombie), goblin, and wood(treefolk).

Rules.
1. Souls are sorcery speed.
2. Souls are only creature based.
3. Players can only have one soul per game.
4. Souls can be targetable.(treated like enchantment/artifact)

At first, I felt a strong urge to link you to my Rigger thread. But nah, I'll come up with something on the spot.

Apprentice's Lightning
Training

Ability - : Trainee deals 2 damage to target creature.

That's what I love about being a wizard. Three months into your apprenticeship, and you're already casually killing bears.

Rules:
1. Training is a new card type.
2. When a Training card is cast, its owner assigns it a creature OR planeswalker he controls as Trainee. This is not targeting, and works on permanents with shrowd.
3. Training then assigns all its text after the word "Ability" to the trainee. This effect lasts indefinitely. This effect, as any other effect, ends if the permanent becomes a new object (such as with blinking).
4. In order for a Trainee to be eligible for a Training card, it must have all the colors of the Training card. (If the Training is R, the permanent must be Rx. If the Training is WURB, the permanent must be either WURB or WURBG).
5. If, at any point, that permanent loses one of the colors particular to his Training, he loses his Training. Permanently.
6. Training is sorcery speed.
Will you take supertypes? (Tribal, snow, etc.)

No. The card cannot be an existing type.

Dummy Player Enchantment

*ahum*
Preparations are things you do before a game begins. They replace the basic land in certain booster packs specially made for booster draft, and give you an advantage during the draft itself.

Spying Scribe
Preparation

When you pick Spying Scribe, you may reveal it. If you do, you may look at cards picked by the drafter to your right for the rest of the draft.

"...and that's what you get for making me copy all of those spells down!"

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Rally - A phase specific "enchantment type" semi-permanent. Built in self destruct buttons(sacrifice or destroy). Effected by cards that say "target permanent".

The Staunch
Rally - Combat
As long as The Staunch is on the battlefield creatures you control gain +0/+2 and vigilance.
(Combat Rally's may only be played during combat phases, and are destroyed as soon as the combat phase is completed)

"War cries of the brave are only feared by those who are smart"

The Charge
Rally - Combat
As long as The Charge is on the battlefield creatures you control gain +1/+1 and trample.
(Combat Rally's may only be played during combat phases, and are destroyed as soon as the combat phase is completed)

"Careful observance of the Rhino taught the elves the importance of the initial charge"

The Blinding Anger
Rally - Combat
As long as The Blinding Anger is on the battlefield creatures you control gain +2/+0 and Haste.
(Combat Rally's may only be played during combat phases, and are destroyed as soon as the combat phase is completed)

"Trumpeting anger lets us forget our fears" ~Akroma

The Meticulous Lesson
Rally - Combat
As long as The Meticulous Lesson is on the battlefield creatures you control gain Flying and ": Draw a card then discard a card".

"Concealed thoughts are better adept to handle a careless ambush"

The Lesser Caste
Rally - Combat
As long as The Lesser Caste is on the battlefield creatures you control gain +3/-1 and Infect.
(Combat Rally's may only be played during combat phases, and are destroyed as soon as the combat phase is completed)

"Fear of the pain I inflict, let it overshadow the fear of your death" ~ Commander Greven il-Vec

No. The card cannot be an existing type.

Dummy Player Enchantment

*ahum*

Yes, almost all concepts can be represented by other card types

Planes walkers could be enchantments

Queen Cobra enchantment
When this comes into play put 4 life counters on it.
This can be attacked and damaged as a player.
Your creatures may block for this.
Add or Pay life counters for 1 power below once on your turn
+2: target creature becomes the type and color of your choice.
-3:  Replace permanent with one in your hand
       of mana count equal or less than the replaced permanent.
       Discard the original It's controller controls the replacement

Planes Walkers present a new card type by creating a mechanic which is not part of the actual card.
{lanes Walker require outside rules to include all the abilities on the card

here is a non=card

(A Band of creatures you control may be composed
 among banding creatures and/or 1 other creature.
A band combats as a single creature.
You determine how combat damage to the band
 is dealt among creatures in the band.
If any creature in the band can be blocked;
 the entire band can be blocked.)

A new card could be a reveal card (reveal the card in your hand and pay the cost for effect without discarding it.) though this could be covered by returning a spell to out hand after being cast.

Illuminati

An Illuminati card had 4 arrows leaving it (one on each side)
It can control other cards and those cards are  attached to it on an open arrow,
A controlled card can control cards other cards in spaces set around it,
A die roll is simulated by clashing and adding the difference between the 2 clashed cards.
You may pay mana to boast the chance of controlling a card and your opponent may pay mama against attempts to control.
Cards controlled by the Illuminati can be nuetralized (taking out of the illuminati's control)

boiling cauldron of indecipherableness

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX3z3lZgMeE

Dummy Player Enchantment
When this is cast; Choose an opponent and color.
  Give this control of all cards of only that color and lands that only produce that color
  in your hand(reveal hand) to dummy player's hand
  and under your control to dummy players control.
This starts with 7 life and draws from your deck.
Dummy Player takes its turn after chosen opponent.
When this or you draw a card; reveal it
  If the card is only the chosen color or a land the produces the chosen color,
   put it in Dummy Player's hand otherwise put it in your hand.
This does not share your graveyard.
You Control Dummy Player and it cannot win.
If this leaves play, exile all cards this controlled.
If you loss, this leaves play.

Dummy Player goes after choosen opponent
When Dummy Player or you draw a card reveal the card
Dummy Player's hand get the specified types card and the rest go to your hand
Dummy player starts with how ever many life you give it
and all cards you control of the spefuied types in your hamd and play

Dummy Player Red, Mountains
Dummy Player Sorcery and lands it draws
Dummy Player Goblin and lands it draws

Essence cards are a new type of mana resource card, similar to lands. You can play one essence from your hand during your main phase (this may be exclusive from playing a land card, but the rules could allow for both).

Essence cards add a new type of mana from the five core colors. We'll refer to this as mana.

An essence card may look something like this:

Living Well 
Essence 
Sacrifice Living Well: add to your mana pool.

Since you only get one mana for each essence card in your deck, creature effects with a mana cost can be scaled up pretty heavy-duty, since they can't be repeated reliably unless your deck is stuffed with essence. A card would be almost impossible to cast without good essence fixing.

Disclaimer: this is NOT adding a new color to Magic. Essence mana does not affect the color pie. Any "essence mana only" creatures would just be colorless artifacts with in its casting cost.

I'm not sure how well this idea would actually fit into the design space for Magic, and whether there would be enough room to include a meaningful amount of essence and land in the same deck. But hey, it's just a concept.
Currently existing Zones: Hand, Library, Graveyard, Exiled, Battlefield.

Hades
Zone
(While this card is on the battlefield, it counts as a new Zone. It has its own specifications for entry, which override the normal rules for transferring cards from one Zone to another. If this card is destroyed, all cards within it are put into their owners' graveyards.)
All permanents destroyed by a Black or Red noncreature spell are put into Hades.
So long as at least one card is in Hades, all Black and Red creatures you control get +1/+1 for each of those colors that it is.

The Luminiferous Ether
Zone
(While this card is on the battlefield, it counts as a new Zone. It has its own specifications for entry, which override the normal rules for transferring cards from one Zone to another. If this card is destroyed, all cards within it are put into their owners' graveyards.) 
At any time, you may put target White Instant or Sorcery spell you control into The Luminiferous Ether.
Whenever you cast a White Instant or Sorcery spell, you may cast a card from The Luminiferous Ether without paying its mana cost. Then return it to The Luminiferous Ether.

Planebreak
Instant
Destroy target Zone on the Battlefield that you don't control.
Overload

Hell Arisen
Creature Zone - Elemental
0/0
(While this card is on the battlefield, it counts as a new Zone. It has its own specifications for entry, which override the normal rules for transferring cards from one Zone to another. If this card is destroyed, all cards within it are put into their owners' graveyards.)
Trample
Hell Arisen gets +1/+1 for each creature card within it.
When Hell Arisen enters the battlefield, destroy X target creatures.
When another creature you control dies, put it in Hell Arisen.

Edit: aaahhh these are so much fun I can't stop making them

Circle of Life
Zone
(While this card is on the battlefield, it counts as a new Zone. It has its own specifications for entry, which override the normal rules for transferring cards from one Zone to another. If this card is destroyed, all cards within it are put into their owners' graveyards.)
, where X is the creature's converted mana cost: Put target creature into Circle of Life or remove it from Circle of Life under is owner's control.
: Destroy target creature in Circle of Life. Its controller gains life equal to its toughness. You or any opponent may activate this ability. 
Potion
A potion is a permanent. All potions come into play with 4 beverage counters on them. All potions have the Drink # keyword. This is simply shorthand for 'remove # beverage counters from [cardname]'. You can drink a potion at instant speed. Here are some examples:

Healing Potion 
Potion
Drink 2: Regenerate Target Creature

Flaming Potion
Potion
Drink 1: Target Creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn

Shielding Potion
Potion
Drink 4: You have Hexproof until end of turn
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.

(While this card is on the battlefield, it counts as a new Zone. It has its own specifications for entry, which override the normal rules for transferring cards from one Zone to another. If this card is destroyed, all cards within it are put into their owners' graveyards.)

We can finally use the absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever zone!!!!

But in all seriousness, I really like this concept. I feel like it could have a lot of design space.

Ghost Plane
Zone
Whenever a creature dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield), put it in Ghost Plane.
Creatures in Ghost Plane lose all abilities, can attack players as if they were on the battlefield, and can only be blocked by other creatures in Ghost Plane. If a creature in Ghost Plane would be dealt lethal damage, put it in its owner's graveyard.

The question now is whether these new zones play nice with all the current rules and cards that we have.
But in all seriousness, I really like this concept. I feel like it could have a lot of design space.

Always glad to hear that people like the things I come up with

Also, I can't stop making them, send help

Landscape Portrait
Zone
At any time, you may put a Land card in your hand into Landscape Portrait.
: Add one mana to your mana pool that a card in Landscape Portrait could provide.

That's right, you can tap an entire Zone, WHAT NOW
Oakheart Academy
College - Oakheart
[+1] Add to your mana pool.
[-2] Creatures you control gain trample until end of turn.
[-3] Put a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach onto the battlefield.   
{4}

Helmsworth University
College - Helmswoth
[+1] Gain 1 life.
[-2] Creatures you control get first strike until end of turn.
[-3] Put a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.          
{4} 

Forge of Phyrexia University
College - FPU
[+1] Put a 1/1 Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
[-2] Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to its other types until end of turn.
[-4] Put a charge counter on target artifact, then proliferate. 
{5}

Colleges go by the Legendary rule. They are designed to run in the uncommon to rares levels, although maybe outside that. They go by the same gameplay rules as planeswalkers. Although I realize the player his or herself would be to high up to go to some training classes on magic in the metagame, I figure to explain the flavor that the player may be a guest professor or something at a college and teaching low level spells (maybe the player got challeged in the middle of teaching a class to duel a planeswalker or some crap). They are meant to give more flexibility to enchantments, acting as multiple enchantments in one that don't always stay on at the same time to keep the power levels in check. Also, as planeswalkers stick to similar abilities, I think this can have more broad abilities to represent the undertakings of multiple studies in a college.
Plan
A Plan may be exiled face down at any time with X time and X plan counters. At the beginning of your upkeep, if a Plan is exiled face down, remove a time counter from it. When all time counter are removed you may play the card for its manacost. A Plan stays on the field until the end of the turn, then it is put in the graveyard.
(1) stands for plan counter, so a cost of (2)   means to pay and remove 2 plan counters

Eliminate all threats
Plan
(1) : Destroy target creature

Conserve Time
Plan
(2) : You get an extra turn after this one

Plant seedlings 
Plan
(1) : Put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield

Prepare Attacks 
Plan
(1) : Target creature gets First Strike until end of turn
(2) Untap all creatures you control. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.

Final Attack 
Plan
(1) : Detain target creature
(1) : All Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn 
I just added a "Formalized" Rules section to my submission.
Upon writing I specified two new things.

1) You may only control ONE active Palisade at a time. (Rules to accompany it)
2) Changed protection from combat damage, to protection from damage. You still can lose life.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Alright, no more entries. I'll have a look at the submissions later today.
Sorcery Scroll
Scroll
Blank Scroll (Before the game starts, you may reveal one scroll from your deck and put it one the battlefield)
Imprint - When you cast the first sorcery of the game, you may exile it and put X charge counters on ~, where X is equal to that spells converted mana cost.
, put a charge counter on ~: copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana costs.

EDIT:

argh, I had the tab open and didnt see this post

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Whim-Steel Weaponry
Dream [Uncommon]
(Dreams are exiled when they resolve)
Creatures you control get +1/+1 and have first strike as long as Whim-Steel Weaponry is exiled.
On Kralis, a wish made in anger can be as sharp as steel and just as deadly.

Originally developed for my (currently shelved) set Kralis, Dreams are cards that are exiled when they resolve and have an effect from exile. Dreams represent the power of the Realms Unreal to warp and bend the Real, and to be warped and bent by the Real in turn; they are the manifestations of hopes, wishes, fears, and emotions turned into tangible effects. While in some sense functionally similar to enchantments, dreams have a few differences:

- Dreams are favored in Red, Blue, and White, who have mechanics that care about exiled cards and positively boost Dreams.

- Dreams are likewise hated upon by Black and Green, who favor a solid grounding in reality.

- Unlike enchantments, Dreams are not created on purpose; a sorcerer can tap into a Dream, but not direct one. The only way to truly destroy a Dream is to send it to the graveyard.

First thing that comes to mind when I read this.

Wake Up!
Instant
Counter target dream spell.

"just 5 more minutes...please"
EDIT:

argh, I had the tab open and didnt see this post

Ehhhhhh... close enough. I'll include it.
altimis — Palisade
Well, this looks promising. It's very flavourful and feels mechanically unique, and though they are complicated, the rules are pretty intuitive. I do have a big concern about design space, though: walls that protect you from harm don't fit very well in red or black, to the point where I can't even imagine a red palisade.

Jessica_Morgan, GeorgeW, Esterdi — Dream, Soul, Training
These three have the same problem: they're very similar to enchantments (trainings are more like auras than global enchantments, but still). As flavourful as they are, they're severely lacking in uniqueness.

chinkeeyong — Preparation
I feel like you wasted a potentially very good idea. Starting with a modified board, library, opening hand or whatever is an interesting idea, but applying it exclusively to drafting is odd and has very limited design space (and I doubt it's practically possible).

letumcupio — Rally
This is basically an instant with "until end of combat".

Rogue_Four — Essence
Happiness mana! In all seriousness, I like the idea of single-use lands. I'm not sure if is a great idea, but essences seem functional and fill a gap that red's rituals don't exactly cover.

BlueJ — Zone
Alright, this one I really like! It's unique, has loads of design space, flavourful and is easily understood. There is possibly a small issue with keeping track of which cards are in the specified zone, in which case some bookkeeping would be required, but I don't think it'll get out of hand.

M.E.K.T.A.R. — Potion
These are artifacts.

SimonGlume — College
They're admittedly somewhat different from planeswalkers, but... not much. Not enough.

Siphor.Magic — Plan
Hmmmm... interesting use of time as a resource. The longer you wait, the more effective it will be. Their temporary nature also makes them distinct from both permanents and spells, which I like. The use of two different counters on the same card may cause some trouble, and it's not an easy card type to understand, but it definitely has its merits.

Fenix. — Scroll
The issue with this card is that while it has a definite unique flavour to it, there's not much you can do with the concept. It's distinct from the usual enchantment, but I think it would work just as well as one, and making a whole new card type for a single card seems a bit much.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

At the end of the day, it was a very close call. But while a good idea is very important, how well a card type plays is important as well, and one card stood out above the others in terms of easy comprehension:

BlueJ's zones.

Congratulations, BlueJ. You win the honour of showing MaRo who's boss. 
no dummy player ?  no Illuminati ?

neither is complete

Illuminati less so
creating a new type means spells that remove that type don't exist yet

a think a 4 sided card templete could be interesting

interupt/ split second is its own type

neither is complete

Illuminati less so

I couldn't even decypher them, much less rate them.
Responce - An Instant you can only cast in responce, it cannot be cast when the stack is empty.

Wizardry - Like a Sorcery but you can only cast one Wizardry per turn.

Player -
  Treet this like a player, draws 7 cards etc... as it enters play.
  Has a turn after yours.
  Is targeted like a player etc...
  You take there turn.
  The card details what cards are used for their library.

Form - Like a creature, but you become that creature, your life is equal to it's toughness, if it dies you die, must be targeted as if it's a player.

Resource - Does not exist in the game, can be used to keep track of a Resource, like a counter.

Resource
1 Mana

10 Mana
1 Life
10 Life
Extra Turn
Spell cast this turn.
10 Spells cast this turn.
Poison Counter
+1/+1 Counter
-1/-1 Counter
+1/+1
-1/-1
+1/+0
+0/+1
+2/+2
1 Damage
5 Damage
10 Damage
Affected until end of turn.
1 Green Mana
1 Red Mana
1 Blue Mana
1 White Mana
1 Black Mana
×2
×5
×8
×10
Summoning Sickness
Attacking
Blocking
Does not untap.
Does not untap, remove me instead.
1 Game Lost.
1 Game Won.
Paired A1 - A4.
Paired B1 - A4.

neither is complete

Illuminati less so

I couldn't even decypher them, much less rate them.

looks like you managed dummy player

there is less text if dummy player goes after you
altimis — Palisade
Well, this looks promising. It's very flavourful and feels mechanically unique, and though they are complicated, the rules are pretty intuitive. I do have a big concern about design space, though: walls that protect you from harm don't fit very well in red or black, to the point where I can't even imagine a red palisade.

Palisades can be hastily built as well, with a hint of aggression. It mostly depends on the abilities it has. I agree it would feel more like a single block card type, but with proper planning it could certainly go places.

Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
SimonGlume — College They're admittedly somewhat different from planeswalkers, but... not much. Not enough.

Zones look like enchantments to me. It seems to me that the planeswalker template is the most open to using in new ways, but it will always still look like a planeswalker any way its presented. Really the only way to introduce a new card type would be most lkely for a card existing outside the deck and normal gameplay. Every time I see this challenge done, most everything appears to be a enchantment, sorcery, instant, artifact or land.
I think I've made 4 new in-game types, and a 5th that in many respects exists outside normal gameplay, see a few posts up.