Worldslayer

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I had Worldslayer equipped to a creature, and Elixir of Immortality on the field, would I be able to activate my Elixir's ability immediately after damage calculation (but before the combat phase is officially over), and have everything I own that was just destroyed put back into my library?
no

Elixir's ability would have to be under Wordslayer's trigger and that's not possible 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

Would it work if I did it during damage calculation, so the effect was on the stack?
No.  Worldslayer triggers when the equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, and the trigger will most likely resolve before the end of combat.  You have a chance to activate Elixir of Immortality before Worldslayer's trigger resolves, but not after.

Rules Advisor

No.  If you activate Elixir before Worldslayer resolves, then the permanents on the battlefied havn't been destroyed yet.  If you wait till after Worldslayer resolves, Elixir would be in the graveyard and no longer able to be activated.

To pull off what you want, you need Worldslayer ontop of Elixier, but since combat damage is a Turn Based Action there's no way to accomplish that.
Would it work if I did it during damage calculation, so the effect was on the stack?

Damage doesn't use the stack.  It's all dealt at once.

Rules Advisor

So there really wouldn't be a way to get what I destroyed back unless I got enough land to us another Elixir...

510.2. Second, all combat damage that’s been assigned is dealt simultaneously. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack. No player has the chance to cast spells or activate abilities between the time combat damage is assigned and the time it’s dealt. This is a change from previous rules.

Example: Squadron Hawk (a 1/1 creature with flying) and Goblin Piker (a 2/1 creature) are attacking. Mogg Fanatic (a 1/1 creature with the ability “Sacrifice Mogg Fanatic: Mogg Fanatic deals 1 damage to target creature or player) blocks the Goblin Piker. The defending player sacrifices Mogg Fanatic during the declare blockers step to deal 1 damage to the Squadron Hawk. The Hawk is destroyed. The Piker deals and is dealt no combat damage this turn. If the defending player instead left Mogg Fanatic on the battlefield, the Fanatic and the Piker would have dealt lethal damage to one another, but the Squadron Hawk couldn’t have been dealt damage.

510.3. Third, any abilities that triggered on damage being assigned or dealt go on the stack. (See rule
603, "Handling Triggered Abilities.")

510.4. Fourth, the active player gets priority. Players may cast spells and activate abilities.

In other words, the Worldslayer triggered ability will always go on the stack before you have priority to activate Elixic or Immortality's activated ability. 

Rules Advisor

I was thinking of having Worldslayer equipped to Stuffy Doll, along with Avacyn's Collar and Trepanation Blade
I was thinking of having Worldslayer equipped to Stuffy Doll, along with Avacyn's Collar and Trepanation Blade

darksteel forge and any number of artificat creatures of your choice. 
So there really wouldn't be a way to get what I destroyed back unless I got enough land to us another Elixir...

Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Boros Charm

outside of Standard
Wheel of Sun and Moon

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish with this, but if Stuffy Doll deals combat damage to a player while equipped with Worldslayer, everything will be destroyed except for Stuffy Doll and Worldslayer.

Rules Advisor

keep in mind that Worldslayer destroys all lands as well
proud member of the 2011 community team
All you need is a way to get the Elixir on the field and activate it after Worldslayer's ability resolved. An easy way to do that would be to "stash" the Elixir where the Worldslayer cannot reach it, in exile. When O-Ring is destroyed by Worldslayer, your Elixir comes back. All you need is to produce 2 mana prior to the Worldslayer trigger's resolution, in response to it, and float that mana, then pay for the Elixir's ability. Or you could simply make the Elixir indestructible. There are many ways, but all of them require at least one additional card. The rules alone cannot help you.