Card type

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
May i search with time of need for Bushi Tenderfoot?
no, Bushi Tenderfoot is not Legendary
proud member of the 2011 community team
Does that mean that Bushi Tenderfoot instantly transforms if the other creature dies?  Or would you have to find another way to keep your 1/1 Bushi alive long enough for the ability to resolve (like a Giant Growth or something)?

Example, I attack with Bushi and it gets blocked by a 4/4 creature.  I bolt the blokcer or Giant growth (+3 +3) my Bushi and the blocker dies.  Does Bushi still get transformed?  Or does Bushi die because his is only a 1/1 or 4/4.

I know if I titanic growth Bushi the blocker will die, Bushi will live and transform but is that the only way to get Bushi transformed, to find a way to keep him alive through combat?
it is a triggered ability
you need a way for him to survive, because SBA are checked a few times between him killing a creature and him flipping
proud member of the 2011 community team
Does that mean that Bushi Tenderfoot instantly transforms if the other creature dies?  Or would you have to find another way to keep your 1/1 Bushi alive long enough for the ability to resolve (like a Giant Growth or something)?

Example, I attack with Bushi and it gets blocked by a 4/4 creature.  I bolt the blokcer or Giant growth (+3 +3) my Bushi and the blocker dies.  Does Bushi still get transformed?  Or does Bushi die because his is only a 1/1 or 4/4.

I know if I titanic growth Bushi the blocker will die, Bushi will live and transform but is that the only way to get Bushi transformed, to find a way to keep him alive through combat?

Bushi's ability is triggered. It triggers when the other creature dies, goes to the stack, and can be responded.

If the Bushi takes lethal damage in combat, he dies before the ability can even be put on the stack.

[<o>]
I don't see how your query is related to the OP's question at all, other than being about Bushi Tenderfoot, but here goes:

Bushi Tenderfoot only flips if it's still on the battlefield when its triggered ability resolves.  If it dies to lethal damage in combat, it won't be on the battlefield when its triggered ability attempts to resolve.

So, yes, you'll need to use spells/abilities to grant Bushi Tenderfoot enough toughness to survive the damage that it is dealt. 
Does that mean that Bushi Tenderfoot instantly transforms if the other creature dies? 

Bushi Tenderfoot cannot TRANSFORM: it isn't a double face card.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Magic has a very specific vocabulary and it is recommended not to mix up verbs...

Flip cards flip.
Double-Faced cards transform.
Morph cards turn face up. (or face down)
Split cards don't.  

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)