Most overpowered card i have ever seen

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azor's Elocutors WOW!!!!! Paradox Haze & Proliferate not to mention the countless ways to cast it early in the game and damage prevention is a dime a dozen you can't lose. i mean you could lose but you probably won't.
Murder is the best way to stop a filibuster

there are much better cards to break with Paradox Haze
proud member of the 2011 community team
Any sort of damage to you messes him up as well.
If you can lock down your opponent hard enough to go 5 turns without taking damage, you probably don't need the Elocutors to tell you you've won.

That being said, I have won with this card before, and it's quite satisfying. But harder than you think. 
Azor's elocutors is a bad jace, memory adept.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl

Snarky answer: If this is the most overpowered card you've ever seen, you probably haven't seen too many cards.

I can imagine a deck that would make this work. I've played a similar deck, but with Luminarch Ascension. It's hardly unbeatable.

If you can lock down your opponent hard enough to go 5 turns without taking damage, you probably don't need the Elocutors to tell you you've won.

But it is probably more fun to filibuster your opponent to death.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Honestly, having spent enough games on either side of the Ravnican Senate, I can assure you that setting your opponent's face on fire is a far more enjoyable way to win.

Or even just milling them out.

But hey, I've got a playset I'll trade you for something playable. Singleton dismember, maybe? Bolts?
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Azor's Elocutors WOW!!!!! Paradox Haze & Proliferate not to mention the countless ways to cast it early in the game and damage prevention is a dime a dozen you can't lose. i mean you could lose but you probably won't.

While your waiting to get enough tokens on that:

Phage the untouchable + Anything that can make a creature unblockable (and there's alot) like Zhuge Jin, Wu Strategist + improved with any kind of haste like Lightning Greaves = you lose

There's actually quite a few cards that modify the win condition or make the game an auto win/lose, most are late game and not terribly hard to stop

I have a friend that swears Battle of Wits is the best card in the game because all you have to do is get it out and you win next turn. Even with his 250 card deck full of tutors and draw card engines, he rarely lives long enough to play it
The thought police walk among us...

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:

Isn't that the entire game of magic?

Every time I build a deck; in my head some part of me hopes "this is the best thing ever" and without fail I find out some other combo just crushes it entirely before it gets off the ground.

But you go retool it or start from scratch with some other idea and you move on. And once in a while you get the best thing ever and it wins, until someone else comes up with something that utterly destroys it, and so on...

These little mental loops we jump through are why most of us keep playing, or at least thinking about magic. So, to come on the forums and proclaim any card (or combo) as the best thing ever? Either he is joking and wants interesting responses or he's asking what can beat it and.. wants interesting responses...

Either way, you can either respond with something relevent to the original post or leave kitty poop all over the forums

Regardless I'm not really trying to flame you, I'm just not sure what you mean by thought police in this context. What else should we respond to this thread with other than to pick apart the logic (or lack of logic) in declaring any card or combo as the best?

Its not really being done in a mean spirited way; its simply the game of MTG played out on a smaller scale, this card does this and this set of cards beats it and so on.
I believe that Yawgmoth's Will is just slightly more broken ;)

Isn't that the entire game of magic?

Every time I build a deck; in my head some part of me hopes "this is the best thing ever" and without fail I find out some other combo just crushes it entirely before it gets off the ground.

But you go retool it or start from scratch with some other idea and you move on. And once in a while you get the best thing ever and it wins, until someone else comes up with something that utterly destroys it, and so on...

These little mental loops we jump through are why most of us keep playing, or at least thinking about magic. So, to come on the forums and proclaim any card (or combo) as the best thing ever? Either he is joking and wants interesting responses or he's asking what can beat it and.. wants interesting responses...

Either way, you can either respond with something relevent to the original post or leave kitty poop all over the forums

Regardless I'm not really trying to flame you, I'm just not sure what you mean by thought police in this context. What else should we respond to this thread with other than to pick apart the logic (or lack of logic) in declaring any card or combo as the best?

Its not really being done in a mean spirited way; its simply the game of MTG played out on a smaller scale, this card does this and this set of cards beats it and so on.

Well, I was actually talking about how a mod had deleted a post from this thread and banned the guy who posted it, leaving no trace whatsoever, but yeah, what you said makes more sense.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Silly me, most broken cards I've ever seen were Black Lotus and Time Walk.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Lol, 50 cent rare.

It's a cool card though, I like the design for it, and it's very Azorious.

A wish this card existed earlier. My friend used to solely play an Azorious deck with nothing but removal, counterspells, and other stalls... with no win condition. It usually turned into "We can drag this on for another hour until you get decked, or you can just quit." At least this gives Azorious an obtainable, and flavorful, goal.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)

Chronozoa with  Paradox HazeCopy Enchantment and Krovikan Mist for good measure.

Though how fast could a deck with Azor's Elocutors actually win? I think any Agro deck would destroy it with out propaganda
Or you could just run painter's servant and grindstone and kill them on turn 3.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

lol.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I like this but try useing Dark Ritual x2, Leyline of the Void Helm of Obedience. I have got this combo in my Exquisite BloodSanguine Bond, sorin lord of innistrad. Turn one mill. Or turn two if you can pull  painter's servant and  grindstone with two Dark Ritual

Get this man to the Senate!

Get this man to the Senate!

finally someone got it :D
proud member of the 2011 community team

lol.

Wow, you can list potential sideboard hate cards for a combo.  That totally invalidates it.

And if they board into him, you could use one of numerous answers (tormod's crypt, leyline, relic of progenitus) that are tutorable with the same tutors you use to get your combo anyways.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Of course there are other overpowered cards like Channel that can be mentioned. I'm still waiting, though, for a card like Witty Lotus:

, Sacrifice Witty Lotus: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if there are at least 200 cards in your library.

I mean, this card is weak compared to Battle of Wits, right?

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

That will so be taken out of context. Like, right now! So, Senator Enigma256, we're facing a filibuster. What do you do?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

lol.

Wow, you can list potential sideboard hate cards for a combo.  That totally invalidates it.

And if they board into him, you could use one of numerous answers (tormod's crypt, leyline, relic of progenitus) that are tutorable with the same tutors you use to get your combo anyways.

Or I can play one of the multitude of Show and Tell variants that have it mainboard. Not to mention that "Yeah, I'll just make my two card combo into a three card combo because you have a single card in your library" is sort of weak, because your deck is probably doing something too.

When we're on the topic of "most overpowered card I have ever seen", Grindstone can't really claim a spot.

Yxoque wrote:

lol.

Or I can play one of the multitude of Show and Tell variants that have it mainboard. Not to mention that "Yeah, I'll just make my two card combo into a three card combo because you have a single card in your library" is sort of weak, because your deck is probably doing something too.

When we're on the topic of "most overpowered card I have ever seen", Grindstone can't really claim a spot.

Well if you want over powered. There is one card I know of that can just stop your opponent in their tracks.
 Blood Moon. Blood moon can easily be cast on turn two stopping any none red/colorless deck from playing a single thing. 
The only thing I can think of that would be close is  Time Vault with Voltaic Key.

Well if you want over powered. There is one card I know of that can just stop your opponent in their tracks.
 Blood Moon. Blood moon can easily be cast on turn two stopping any none red/colorless deck from playing a single thing. 
The only thing I can think of that would be close is  Time Vault with Voltaic Key.

Or you could play basic lands. Fetch them early and you've gotten sufficient protection.

With free reigns, you're generating most of your mana through artifacts anyway, so it's not like it's that large of a concern.

Yxoque wrote:

lol.

Sneak and show is one deck.
And it's a 2 card combo pre-sb, and only a 3 card combo if they have an emmy in the board to bring in. 

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

You're comparing the Sands of Time to Blood Moon?

Let me give you a hint. One side of this comparison is played in Vintage. The other is not. Take your time.

Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.

Let me give you a hint. One side of this comparison is played in Vintage. The other is not. Take your time.

SC is more vintage than a hipster's vinyl collection.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

SC is more vintage than a hipster's vinyl collection.

My Vinyl Collection is quit expansive. don't bite your tongue now.

I remember that when I first started playing, my girlfriends brother had this card that had turned all my lands into either plains or mountains. I may be confusing blood moon with it. I'm not sure what card it was but I'm sure it was old. Their father had been playing since release and hooked them on early.

I remember that when I first started playing, my girlfriends brother had this card that had turned all my lands into either plains or mountains. I may be confusing blood moon with it. I'm not sure what card it was but I'm sure it was old. Their father had been playing since release and hooked them on early.

Conversion

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...

they're both played in vintage, good attempt though
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Blood Moon is not played in Vintage. Good try, though.

I was wrong it's Conversion. My bad. Thanks Kai.
I have an Elocutors deck. Definitely not overpowered, or even that strong - but can be easily worked into a functioning deck, and work as a decent wincon. Obviously, the 5 counters delay and being below curve lends itself to a control deck, or at least a deck capable of controlling. Beyond that, a few cards can make it function a little better. Tezzeret's Gambit, for example, is a colorless Night's Whisper which in this case has a useful purpose for proliferate. Gilder Bairn would just love to join the senate in this case, and Trinket Mage can even fetch the Paradise Mantle that makes Gilder Bairn that much more decent.

In terms of most powerful cards... hard to go past the power 9. There's a reason they're labelled as such. Beyond that though, the most deceptively powerful card I see people play with is Demonic Tutor. Big hint: there's a reason it's vintage only. 
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O

www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=413...

it's a fringe deck but who cares
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.

www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=413...

it's a fringe deck but who cares

lol this deck

>red cards
>power 
1v1 me nub
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.
TMWA is not just a rogue deck, it's a rogue deck that doesn't do well. Several years ago Moon effects and Mox Monkeys were a strong enough anti-meta shell to do some damage, but not anymore.

I like TMWA, but saying that Blood Moon is played in Vintage and pointing to TMWA is like saying that Boundless Realms is played in Standard and pointing to Miracle Experiment.

Unless you want to argue the semantics about what I meant. Obviously Blood Moon is "played in Vintage" by virtue of just one person using it, but just as obviously that isn't what I meant with my original post.

Also come play Vintage at the end of the month in Durham NC.
if you pay for the flight and lend me a vintage deck then I'll be happy to play
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.