4e new races/clases?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Are there any new releases with new races/classes in 2013? all ive seen so far is reprint and re-releases of older material for this year, althou it does make for good gifts for people i know
Are there any new releases with new races/classes in 2013? all ive seen so far is reprint and re-releases of older material for this year, althou it does make for good gifts for people i know

As near as we can tell, 4E development has been limited to an article or two in each month's Dragon since last April, when Into the Unknown, the last published 4E book was released.

A look over the writer's guidelines also suggests that Wizards only wants a few preselected writers submitting 4E crunch material.

In house 4E deveopment came to a full stop pretty much when they began internal playtesting for Fifth Edition. There will be no more print releases for 4E. If we get extremely lucky, we might see a PHB1 reprint, with errata, released as a premium edition just before or just after the release of 5E.

In short no.

You'd think with the 4E paradigm being cemented at this point they could have devoted some developer hours to putting out some material but I guess not.

I feel this validates another belief of mine, the price of 4E's superior quality  is the huge increase in dev time needed, for example in 2E or 3E I could have easily put out a non-spellcaster class just copy paste the attack bounus, hp track and tack on some unique abilities and done but 4E's paradigm is a contract if you don't put in thought for interesting powers for levels 1-30 don't bother.