Help With Making Token Deck - Selesnya

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so I want to make a token deck for selesnya because I got 2
, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, and Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage and some other token making cards. I would really appreciate the help.

PS: This deck will be for standard.
Hello, some good cards you might want to consider.

Call of the Conclave is an awsome card to get a big token for just 2mana.
Gather the Townsfolk get two creatures for 2mana.
Midnight Haunting two flying creaters to populate.
Entreat the Angels good finisher especially with Parallel Lives.

Intangible Virtue gives all your tokens a boost.
Phantom General is a cheaper version of virtue thats a creature but costs 2 more mana.

Rootborn Defenses a good way to protect your tokens with populate.
Druid's Deliverance a good way to protect yourself and populate.
Collective Blessing helps boost everything for the win but needs mana ramp normally to use like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Farseek.

Parallel Lives really helps produce more tokens!
Growing Ranks works good with Parallel Lives no matter what giving you a token each turn that can be doubled.

Wayfaring Temple helps as a finisher if you can get a Rancor on it with enough tokens out.

Rhox Faithmender works great with Trostani, Selesnya's Voice and Centaur Healer/Nearheath Pilgrim for a lifegain/lifelink deck. Thragtusk also help alot with this type of deck.

Edit: Selesnya Charm is a must also, good strong card.
It's too bad you need it Standard as the best G/W token gen is Midnight Guard+Presence of Gond. If you use a good amount of ramp you may like the awesomeness of using a playset of Worldspine Wurm+ Feed the Pack(45 damage in tokens) and if you have parallel lives out its twice as good(90 damage in tokens, 30 with trample)
Is that all the replies I'm gonna get? If so thanks a lot to both of you.

I posted a Selesnya Token deck as part of my $15 thing. I'll post it here for you:

:G::W: Selesnya @ $12.95

2 Grove Of The Guardian
4 Selesnya GuildGate
6 Plains
12 Forest

4 Doomed Traveler
4 Vitu-Ghazi GuildMage
4 Attended Knight
4 WayFaring Temple
4 GoldNight Commander

4 Prophetic Prism
4 Druid's Deliverance
4 Gather The TownsFolk
4 Call Of The Conclave

If you can tell me the specific numbers of the cards you already own, I can suggest alterations.

What sort of budget do you have for building?

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

I think you will find that posting a decklist of ideas you have no matter how jumbled it might seem will help you out in finding out what you want to do. Let us know what cards you really wanna use and we can help you figure out what to add to it that makes it work! A rough budget amount allows people to know what cards to be posting to reflect what you want to spend. =)
Ok well my budget is about 25 - 30$. I have one Trostani, one Vitu-Ghaze Guildmage and 2 Grove of the Guarian. 

PS: I got the majority of my cards from some binders and a box my friend brought over once. 
Not quite in your budget but here is my $700 deck...

Ok, it's the lands that cost that much so don't panic. The rest of the cards are pretty reasonable, except Entreat the Angels but it's the boss and definitely wins the game. 
You can always try something like this. I will not add the cost of the current cards you own to the overall cost of the cards.

Creatures: 9
1x Trostani, Selesnya's Voice Might want to get a 2nd one so you see it more often, two should be enough.
4x Doomed Traveler Common that gives you turn 1 play but also when it dies gives you a populate option.
4x Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage Uncommon that allows you to populate or make a token.

Spells: 28
4x Selesnya Charm Uncommon that allows you to either eliminate a big threat, get damage through or gives you a token to populate.
4x Midnight Haunting Uncommon giving you flying tokens to populate and block with.
4x Intangible Virtue Uncommon that boosts your tokens.
4x Call of the Conclave Uncommon, for 2 mana you get a 3/3 to populate great card.
4x Druid's Deliverance Common with a Fog like effect that lets you populate.
4x Oblivion Ring Uncommon used for removal.
4x Gather the Townsfolk Common to help get tokens to populate.

Lands: 23
10x Plains
7x Forest
2x Grove of the Guardian
4x Selesnya Guildgate

When you get more money I would replace the guildgates/4basics with Sunpetal Grove and/or Temple Garden's.

Sideboard: 15
4x Sundering Growth Common, board in when need more removal against or white weenie enchantment decks.
3x Rootborn Defense Common, bring in against control decks with Supreme Verdict or effects like that.
4x Centaur Healer Common, it gives lifegain and solid body for 3mana. Good against high aggro while you setup populate.
4x Nearheath Pilgrim Uncommon, good against high aggro for lifelink and a blocker if needed to buy you time to setup for populate.

This should be within the price range you are looking to spend (around 32dollars with 15 card sideboard, not including the cards you own and basic land cost)

A couple of sidenotes:

If you really like and wanna use Trostani, Selesnya's Voice I would suggest getting a second one when you have the money or swapping out the Intangible Virtue for Phantom General which is more cost effective but costs 2 more mana and as a creature is more prone to removal.

Wayfaring Temple is a good card for populate but works best really with Rancor. On a budget those cards add up.

Armada Wurm is a good finisher at a decent mana cost considering but is a bit out of the price range, worthwhile if you can trade for one or when you get more budget for upgrades.

Parallel Lives is an awsome card for this deck when you go for upgrades. Growing Ranks is ok but works best with Parallel Lives in my opinion. 

Hope this helps GL!
Is that all the replies I'm gonna get? If so thanks a lot to both of you.

Just listing 4 cards you have and want to play around won't get you much help, if you post a deck list(even an incomplete one) it will get you more help. This is because it:
A.) Shows us What cards you already have access to, so we can make suggestions for cards that work well with them.
B.) Shows us what Strategy/Direction you want to go with. Hopefully this will help you on this or any future deck help you need.

Other than that I second the vote for Parallel Lives. Also is there a Certain type of tokens you want or will any work? Sorry I'm not mush help in standard, I'm better with modern or vintage.
Well what I want with a deck like this is to be able to hold off the onslaught while I just keep building my creatures. I want to be able to hold off fast decks and demolish them in the end. Also I can't really tell you what cards I want for a deck like this. That's why I posted this thread.
Not quite in your budget but here is my $700 deck...

That is a strange deck, and your post was almost completely irrelevant. 

Ok well my budget is about 25 - 30$. I have one Trostani, one Vitu-Ghaze Guildmage and 2 Grove of the Guarian.

Well, the laziest thing to do is to simply build the deck I posted and switch out 1 Attended Knight and add the 1 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice you own - you should be able to build that deck (even at a local card shop) for under $25. Then, with your leftover cash, I would then do some reading on the big decks in Standard and build a SB to help against them.

Honestly, though, if you are looking to be competitive in Standard - I'd buy and Event Deck and take my chances.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Sign In to post comments