JUNK Zombies

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So i had this idea for a different take on zombies, not sure if it would make the cut, so i decided to get some outside help. If this seems promising i'll think up a SB geared for my meta. Some more thoughts on the white, i was thinking maybe restoration angel either main or SB.

Creatures-28
4x gravecrawler
4x diregraf ghoul
3x blood artist 
3x lotleth troll
4x cartel aristocrat 
4x geralf's messenger
4x dreg mangler
2x obzedat, ghost council 

Spells-9
3x abrupt decay
3x orzhov charm
3x tragic slip 

Lands-23
4x overgrown tomb
4x woodland cemetery
4x godless shrine
4x isolated chapel
4x cavern of souls
3x swamp

Side Board-15
3x liliana of the veil
4x vampire nighthawk
4x restoration angel
2x mutilate
2x victim of night
Hey im not the only one with this idea. Cool i like some of your card choices. Heres what im currently running.

Creatures
4x gravecrawler
4x diregraf ghoul
4x lotleth troll
4x geralf's messenger
4x dreg mangler
4x Highborn Ghoul
3x obzedat, ghost council

Spells
3x Orzhov Charm
3x Selesnya Charm
4x rancor

Lands
4x overgrown tomb
4x woodland cemetery
4x godless shrine
4x isolated chapel
4x cavern of souls
3x swamp

O.o how could i have forgotten cavern of souls and orzhov charm -.-

I might try crypt creeper in place of highborn ghoul though, also ghoultree looks juicy with lotleth troll pitching dudes to the bin.
Bump, updated the list to include forgotten things.
Bump, looking for more suggestions. I was thinking of adding in lingering souls somewhere.
i have also been messing around trying to get this deck together and have been tossing around lots of card ideas to add or take away from the deck. I like the sound of Lingering Souls in the deck it gives you some chump blocks as well as some free sac's for blood artist and Cartel. I have tossed around the idea of using Shadow Alley Denizen or Thrull Parasite. The shadow is kinda self explained i mean just about everything in the deck is black unless u add souls and a resto angel. An the paasite i thought about adding for the ability to pay the life and remove the counter from Geralf's Messenger and keep sacing him to cartel in combo with blood artist which could add up and really with blood artist you would only be losing 1 life vs the 2 you need to use parasite. I have also thought of adding Deathrite Shaman if not in the main deck def in the sideboard for a mirror zombie match or reanimator which is big atm. The shaman also has potential in there for you to just to keep getting every little bit of dmg out of the deck as possible as well as some life gain if needed.
   As far as Highborn Ghoul i have never been a huge fan of it just seems to not have the potential it would seem to bring to a game and 2cc zombies are far and few in the world right now so it probly better sticking with lol troll. Another possiblily for 2cc is always Knight of Infamy he has seen a good share of decks and proved to be good. I def believe that Abrupt Decay and/or Tragic Slip is a must its a huge way of dealing with Boros Reckoner. Ghoultree seems like it is just not right for this deck i mean zombies are all about graveyard true but they dont stay there for long so i feel like you would just end up paying full or slightly lower mana for him an in the time it takes you to do that with this deck you shoud be just pouring on dmg with all the messengers, blood artist, attacking etc..... but thats imo of course and supprisingly enough when you get into sacing Gravecrawler with blood artist and all the tricks zombies do it can be very mana intense. Good luck hope i mabey sparked a idea with you and hope tosee this deck makeing some action in the meta least till they phase out gravecrawler then it will truley be a sad day for zombie players. (unless reprinted)
I was thinking of putting the lingering souls in place of the mangler which makes me sad because i love me some haste on a 3/3 body(scavenge doesn't hurt either lol). Lingering souls will give me more bodies over time though and evasion so that is the biggest factor for me. I'll have to try out the parasite, just don't know what to take out. Maybe i can do a 2/2 split of the parasite and deathrite over the diregrafs. I'll tinker with the list and make the changes soon. Ty for the feedback.