Most appropriate deity for a Berserker/barbarian?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Right now, I am thinkin Kord, but lorewise, what other gods are stereotypically considered barbarian deities?
Since classes don't come with baked-in personalities or goals or motivations, the answer is literally 'any of them'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I would recommend either one of my cats.  Or both, if you like.
This really depends on the barbarian's cultural outlook and individual style. Do you have a specific character background in mind?
This really depends on the barbarian's cultural outlook and individual style. Do you have a specific character background in mind?

Right now, he is a Berserker temperate lands where he sword and boards it. He was found at an early age by a religious missionary after his village was razed. The missionary raised him as his son and he has been given the best academic and military education, but the "rage" and connection to primal spirits still dwells inside him. He doesn't fight it and it doesn't embarass him and it causes him no angst, but he realizes that it is a tool that should only be used when absolutely necessary. So there are no Incredible Hulk rage or emo issues over it.

In that case, whatever faith the missionary professed, especially if he has taken on a missionary role himself.
Yeah, I agree. I just don't know which deity it should be.
Right now, I am thinkin Kord, but lorewise, what other gods are stereotypically considered barbarian deities?

Crom is your god, Conan. Crom. And he lives in the earth!
http://fantasticanatomy.wordpress.com/

Erathis.  It would be interesting to have a barbarian worship a god of civilization and law.  

Or Ioun.  Make him a scholarly barbarian. 

TjD

Crom is your god, Conan. Crom. And he lives in the earth!

And we have a winner.