!FLUSH'S RANDOM STEAM 1V1 TOURNAMENT #3

212 posts / 0 new
Last post
 D3s vs Loukoumas 2-0

I do not have the time to write a complete and acurate description of the duels-also i lost them-but to  give you a taste of the duels here it is:

First round AS(D3s) vs PK(Me)

I had a ok hand with 2 Dawn elemental  and some encahntmetns.On the other hand D3s start the duel with a Kor spiritdancer ,which soon became
a beast(lifelink,vigilance,etc).The prevent damage of my dawn elemental was very usefull in this case.Then D3s got the wall of reverence and start gaining 10 life per round.I got lucky and draw  a flickerwisp which solved the problem of this kor spiritdancer.But no more removal for me!A combination of an Sovereigns of Lost Alara and an Invisible stalker and  a bad play of my part resulted in my loss in the first duel.

Edit:Cool Cool Cool .Read my post for a description of the first duel and my fellow's D3s for a description of the second one!
Poor loukou, never had a chance getting CW against his MM.  Good games though!  I have released decks for the next Loser's and Winner's rounds.  Get to it people!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Sorry everyone, for getting back to you guys so late. I haven't had a steady connection in 1½ week now, and I simply forgot to report back. Luckily you guys have been able to proceed, and I hope I didn't cause too much of an inconvenience. Best of luck to everyone who's left in the tournament!
Out of all the unresponsiveness I have seen in this tournament (by far the most of any other) your's is the only one I 100% understand.  I look forward to seeing you in the next multeye!  Thanks for stopping by!

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Hey !flush i noticed i have been given decks for a match against Xyanthymir - I thought he dropped out due to save file loss? Did something change and hes back in the running or am I safe to ignore this round?

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Out of all the unresponsiveness I have seen in this tournament (by far the most of any other) your's is the only one I 100% understand.  I look forward to seeing you in the next multeye!  Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for understanding! I look forward to being a part of the next tournament, whenever that may be.
@master Nah, I just rolled them anyway as kind of a "what decks would they have been playing with".  If you look on the brackets you are waiting on Grunt and d3s to get their match underway.  Sorry for the confusion!

@multeye I usually open registration a week or 2 after my tournament ends.  Sometimes even a couple days if I am all pumped up about starting another one right away, lol.  It won't be too much longer either way. ;P 

Flush,
Can't pm from phone so I hope you read this. I signed into Steam a few minutes ago.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Np man, I still can't find you on steam though...are you able to add me?  go to friends and then there should be a "+ ADD A FRIEND..." near the bottom, and type in "!Flush" then add me.

I should probably start adding some cool folk from the forums so I don't play randoms anymore. My Steam name is Shidoshi, SteamID is shidoshiwins. Feel free to add me.
!Flush vs. nunezilla

Game 1: CW (!Flush) vs. AS (zilla) - This was the matchup I was afraid of getting.  There's next to nothing CW can do against Hexproof.  Well, most decks can't do much, but CW even less so.  I got off to a good start though.  2x Talrand's Invocation and a Future Sight really went a long way.  He ended up with a T2 Invisible Stalker followed by a T3 Geist of Saint Traft and I started sweating bullets.  Luckily for me he didn't have a single Enchant because he didn't put one down until he attacked with a Sovereigns of Lost Alara to being out an Indestructibility on his Geist.  He had me down to 4 Life but I didn't let him get another enchant as I Repulsed his Lost Alara before combat and he didn't quite have enough to kill me.  He then used a Winds of Rath which would have won the game but I was able to Cancel it and swing the next turn with all 4 drakes dealing exactly 8 damage to take his life to 0 a barely grab the win.  Great game for sure, and the best game played as neither of us was screwed for mana.  !Flush wins.

Game 2: SaS (!Flush) vs. BR (zilla) - Neither one of us started off bad but when I Claustrophobiaed his Bloodrock Cyclops followed by a T4 Lorescale Coatl and a T5 Momir Vig, Simic Visionary while he was stuck at 3 lands the entire game there was no chance of zilla coming back.  Even then he played as good as he could have.  Still, a mana screw ensured my victory here (not that I needed help with my hand).  !Flush wins.

Game 3: MM (!Flush) vs. SaS (zilla) - We decided to play a last game to see how it would go.  It started off terribly for me when I had to mul down to 4 cards to even get 2 lands.  Luckily I drew like a god and was flush with lands in no time.  I would have even had the win if not for a very well timed Mystic Snake countering of my would have been game winning topdeck of Sphinx of the Steel Wind.  I still drew like a god (it was stupid) but enough damage had been done while ramping for him to easily finish me off with his army of snakes.  nunezilla wins.

Great games outside the mana screwed game/mul to 4 game.  All though both of us did great in our positions after the fact.  I had a lot of fun.  Thanks nunezilla and good luck the rest of the way!

This is the first time I have done anywhere CLOSE to this good in my tournament, lol.  It feels awesome to finally have a spot in the Championship Game!  I eagerly await my opponent!  Good luck everyone!!

Overall though...

Flush defeats nunezilla 2-0.

@!Flush thanks for the information. I figured that was the case but it never hurts to get these things clarified. Kinda a shame looking at the decks though - I was looking forward to stomping someone with Goblins rather then being stomped on for a change.

It also occurs to me that if I win my next match I get to play Nunezilla again. I could use some payback for being knocked into the losers bracket. On that thought: Grunthex and D3ss, what are the odds of you both kindly conceding from the tourny to improve my chances? I would be very grateful to you both. There will be cake if you do! (Huzzah for 6-year old game references!)

Lol, how about we just all concede you you can automatically win Garren!  That would be awesome!!! ;P

Well shucks thats mighty generous of you !Flush. You read it here first folks - Garren_Windspear wins the tourny due to everyone else being automatically conceeded by the organizer! Huzzah! *Victory Dance*

LOL, everyone can keep playing, you know, to see what happened if we didn't all concede.  Hell, I may even count it as the real tournament.  Have fun in fantasy land Garren!

Hold your tongue !Flush! As King of Fantasy Land I could have you arrested for such comments. However, wise and benevolent ruler that I am, I shall spare you this once. In fact, as a sign of good faith, I am promoting you to 'Royal Tournament Organizer' from this day forth. Three cheers for organizer !Flush!

Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!
Hooray!  Hooray!  Hooray!

From non-fantasy land, I'll try to get my match in with d3ss today if he's available at all, and we'll try and wrap this up right smart.
I'm looking forward to te new tourney and if Flush doesn't start it right away, I may start a tourney and call it the '!Flush Tribute tourney'. If that doesn't get him going I don't know what will.
Sending an undressed 20-something jumping out of a cake would probably get him going.  Maybe even more so if it's female!
!Flush vs. nunezilla

Flush defeats nunezilla 2-0.

Beating confirmed.

Btw, not sure if there's another topic for this, but please feel free to add me on steam as well... after getting told last night that I "must feel good paying to win" because I was playing AoW, it made me think I should make more of an effort to play less randoms and more forum goers.
Lol, young 20 somethings females jumping out of cakes, being pronounced royal organizer!  I'm liking fantasy land!!  You make a good supreme ruler Garren! I'd keep Grunt around for council, he has good ideas (so far).  A Flush Tribute Tourney!  Sweet!  It will be the most epic tourney ever!  Or something.  Don't worry MvdL, a new tournament will be going soon enough, but don't let that deter you from starting one of your own at any time!!

Grunthex defeats d3ss 2-0.

Unlike what's told, Grunthex was a great guy. :P

Thanks for the games, looking for the next tourney already. 
Round 4 - Grunthex vs. d3ss!

Game 1: Mana Mastery (Me) vs. Pack Instinct (d3ss)

Not a fair matchup on paper.  I kept a risky hand, with only 2 land, no green, and a cultivate.  But I knew if I hit the green, i was laughing.

Turn 2, I drew Evolving WildsCultivate into Maelstrom Archangel, which free-cast a Vindicate (to crush a surprisingly large Timbermaw Larva), and then free-cast a Progenitus.  Yeah.  He tried delaying me with a nice Baloth/Bellow/Prey Upon combo, but a topdecked Lavalanche didn't even give him another turn.

Game 1 to Grunthex

Game 2: Grinning Malice (Me) vs. Sepulchral Strength (d3ss)

Much more fair matchup.  Probably trending to SS's favor, usually.  First turn he dropped a forest and a Scute Mob ... and then he never got another land.  Bit of a risky 7-card keep, obviously.  By turn 5 he was just run over by an ogre, a rat, a blood witch and a liege. 

Grunthex wins 2-0 vs. d3ss

Bit of a risky 7-card keep, obviously.  By turn 5 he was just run over by an ogre, a rat, a blood witch and a liege. 

Grunthex wins 2-0 vs. d3ss

The reason is this; I'm an iPad player and still not used to Steam that very much =). Adding to this the excitement of the tourney this is what happened: I got a nice hand and instead of getting it, I drew hand by mistake. A terrible hand with one land came and unbelievably I accepted it by mistake =). I didn't want to bitch about it for the sake of the game, now I'm just writing here for the fun of it.
Lol d3s, I have done that before as well. "Sob!!!  That was the perfect hand!!!"  Thanks for being a good sport though!  Better luck next time!

Also...new decks up for Grunt vs. Garren.

Garren_Windspear defeats Grunthex 2-1

Round 1 - Grim Procession (Me) vs Pack Instinct (Grunt)
This was pretty much Grunt's game from the beginning. He dropped a turn 3 Dungrove Elder after which all I could do was hold on and hope a Damnation or somthing with Deathouch fell into my hand. That didn't happen but I take some pride I dragging this out for about 10 or so turns before eventually being overwhelmed. Victory to Grunthex.

Round 2 - Grinning Malice (Me) vs Grim Procession (Grunt)
So at some point I knocked Grunthex down to 7 life points and was able to cast both Reanimate (on a Demigod of Revenge) and play an Ashemoor Liege while Grunt had no flyers and nothing in his hand. Victory to Garren_Windspear.

Round 3 - Act of War (Me) vs Rogue's Gallery (Grunt)
I played Skyknight Legionnaire and stuck a Scourge of the Nobilis on him. Grunt used Barrin's Spite on him. I drew another Scourge of the Nobilis put it back on Skyknight Legionnaire and proceeded onwards to victory. Victory to Garren_Windspear.

Yeah so sorry about the relative vagueness of this report. I was talking to a friend during the match and wasn't really paying attention. My bad.

Lol, np, most of mine are about as vague.

You did well Gruthex!  Alas, Garren's stolen strategy of Kanger's stolen from the late 4n0th1n9 to win from the bottom is starting to come to life.  He has one more battle against the last winner to fall, nunezilla!  the decks are up and ready to go!  Next up is the Championship game vs. your's truly!

I got next! ;)
Nunezilla vs. Garren_Windspear

Round 1: CL (me) vs DP (Garren) 

This one was close, I think I was down to 20 or so cards at the end but a couple of fully pumped Serra Ascendants and a massive Ajani's Pridemate were able to push through his Jace's Phantasm and Chancellor of the Spire for the win.  Nunezilla wins.

Round 2: MM (me) vs GG (Garren)

A 2nd turn Warren Instigator had me sweating bullets, but I was able to clear the board at 9 life with a Pernicious Deed and keep it that way with gobs of removal until my Sphinx of the Steel Wind showed up to seal the deal.

Nunezilla wins 2-0
Nunezilla defeats Garren_Windspear 2-0!

This isn't what was supposed to happen! This isn't what was promised to me! I have planned this for too long only to have my plans shattered by Nunezilla! You've defeated me (again), destroyed Garren with your awesome card skills and beastly greed for victory!

Okay enough obscure quoting (free cookie for whoever get it FYI). Seriously though I came this far only to fall at the finish line? Feels bad man. Still can't say I didn't really deserve this. I had MM over a barrel but blew it by using DP first, assuming Nunezilla would for some reason use MM first when I had the perfect counter. Oh well.

Round 1 - Dream Weaver Puppets (Me) vs Celestial Light (Nune)
Nune did the smart thing and started with CL figuring it could weather what ever deck I threw at it (I assume anyway. For all I know he just flipped a coin... a 3-headed coin... no I don't know how that works either). Anyway he started out well dropping two Serra Ascendants for some early damage and life gain while I accumulated land and dropped a Jace's Phantasm. He dropped a Baneslayer Angel, I Cloned it and we began trading blows. In a slight miscalculation I used Chancellor of the Spires to steal a Swords to Plowshares to finally rid myself of his angel only for the life gain to awaken his Ascendants. I hate math and it hates me back. While I did manage to Body Double into a Clone into a Chancellor of the Spires into a Swords to Plowshares to get rid off one, by this point his life points had rose over 50 so there was little I could do to hold off the inevitable. Victory to Nunezilla.

Round 2 - It's-A-Me, Krenko! (Me) vs Mana Mastery (Nune)
It was at this point I realized just how stupid I had been to play DP first as Nune basically spent the entire round playing with me before dealing the deathblow. I did manage to put some early damage through but that hardly an achievement for Goblins. Suffice to say one Pernicious Deed later the game was all but over. Victory to Nunezilla.

Round 3 - Scale and Sky (Me) vs Berserker Rage (Nune)
Played for fun. Hmmm in one corner we have a mid-to-late game deck based on pumping out masses of creatures to overwhelm the enemy. On the other we have a early-mid game burst damage deck. Yeah this pretty much happened exactly as you'd think it would. Nune wiped the floor with me with pretty much 1 creature before flinging it into my face for the win. Victory for Nunezilla.

Well those were certainly rounds. It has become clear to me I need to tighten up my game if I intend to win the next tourney. I will have to engage in rigorous training and mind exercises so that I can become the very best duelist there ever was! When next we meet, my humble friends, I shall return not as a man but as a force of card-game nature!

Epilogue
And so our hero headed out into the mountains to begin his harsh training regime. But that was hard so he went home and played video games instead. Will his 'training' pay off and help him win the next tourney? Will he remain Supreme Ruler of Fantasy Land? Will he ever remember what the Goblins decks actual name is? All this and more in the next exciting episode of: !Flush's Super Action Fun Time Random Deck Tourney (TM)!

Ah, the end is nigh! Who will be left standing?
I'm going to have to make you my "Recap Announcer" Garren.  You can post and relate all the magical things that happen throughout the tournaments!  Congrats on your win in Fantasy Land, sorry for your real loss.  Better luck next time!

That puts Nunezilla and I back at it again!  Will I win and become Champion or lose or hope for a better result in Round 2?  Lets do this zilla!!!

Championship Game Round 1: !Flush vs. Nunezilla

Game 1: Peacekeepers (!Flush) vs.  Goblin Gangland (zilla) - This was a close one.  We were both at 1HP at the very end.  I started out with a T1 Doomed Traveler and he with a T1 Raging Goblin.  I followed with a T2 Squadron Hawk and him with a T2 Goblin Piledriver.  The board was pretty much set.  I throw down a T3 Glorious Anthem and start the Air Assault.  He is coming in by ground (giving me another flyer via the traveler) and I throw down more birds.  In the end he kills a couple flyers with spells, I exile/pacify a couple gobs and he busts out a clickslither to get me down to 7 points.  He then uses a Goblin Grenade and Goblin War Strike to get me down to 1 but it was not enough as I was able to finish him off with my last flyers remaing.  Overall a great game.  !Flush wins.

Game 2: Grim Procession (!Flush) vs. Exalted Darkness (zilla) - This was the matchup I was NOT hoping for as there is so much prot black and white in ED...and he busted out the majority of them throughout the game.  Luckily I had a Damnation waiting for these guys and took most of 'em out in one fell swoop.  Then it started getting ugly when he drops down a Divinity of Pride and a Silent Arbiter.  All I have on the board at this point is an Onyx Mage and about 10 lands.  We have both exhausted nearly every option and it is a race against the clock.  I topdeck an Unmake to kill his flyer and turn around with a Divinity of Pride myself the next turn.  He kills it but I again topdeck a 2nd Divinity of Pride (we are both in topdeck mode at this point[/c].  From there I was getting luckier than him and even though he was at 40 life I was able to solidify the win when Angel of Flight Alabaster hit the field along with a couple more Unmakes.  I really thought I was gonna lose this one (especially after getting land after land) but my luck changed at the perfect time.  !Flush wins.

!Flush is our new Champion!!  WOOHOOO!!!

Game 3: Sepulchral Strength (!Flush) vs. Berserker Rage (zilla) - I had to mul down to 6 cards and still had nothing to play by turn 5.  I was dead by turn 4 with a Rancored Tattermunge Maniac + Gruul Guildmage.  I did throw down a T4 Viridian Emissary but is was far too little too late and that was the turn zilla came in ftw.  Nunezilla wins.

Again, great games and this time no one got mana screwed so that makes me feel better.

!Flush defeats nunezilla 2-0.

Congrats Flush!

Flush picked up his first prize: store.steampowered.com/app/226740/

I'm already looking forward to the next tourney. 
Congrats !Flush!  (Which is a really funny looking name with an exclamation point after it).

Good thing that this was just for fun, and we all know Garren really won though.  I'd hate to be knocked out by someone who didn't go on and win it all!

Lol, indeed Grunt, we all know Garren is the "real" winner.  Well, he knows it anyway. ;P

Hey congratulations !Flush! Truth be told after all the work you put into hosting these things its about time you won one. And while were at it lets have a hand for Nunezilla. Its no small feat making it to the finals, way to make a great first impression!

@!Flush. So now its 'Garren_Windspear, Supreme King of Fantasy Land - Recap Announcer' and 'Royal Tournament Organizer !Flush' huh? Okay that settles it! Free arbitrary titles for everyone!

@Grunt. In respect for the skill shown in this 'what if?' tournament I have decided to erect a plaque in its honour. The plaque will be visible between 18.00 and 18.01 daily, adjacent to the golden statue I have commissioned of myself to commemorate my first tournament victory. Take pride in this.

Sign In to post comments