!FLUSH'S RANDOM STEAM 1V1 TOURNAMENT #3

212 posts / 0 new
Last post
I second MvdL's suggestion, and demand that !Flush run a Swiss tourney next time.  It's nice and easy to demand these things!  How much work can it be to run one?

Well, I did ask nicely Innocent.

I do think it's fantastic that !Flush organizes these, I've done enough of these volunteer type things to know how much work they are. I also know the two of you are barely on speaking term, so what do you know?

Show
I was kidding about not being on speaking terms.

DH50 2 - Yosiel 0

Guys later u have to see the pics on my steam, I had the weirdest graphic glitch, but at least I could still play until the end. The Tourney was quite fun and the deckbuilding aspect of it was terrific, hope to see you all again. I've been playing DoTP not so long ago and I'm happy to find a group to play with. See ya

dh50 defeats yosiel* 3-0

The random deck gods bestowed their favor on me.  I had GM, CM, and GG to Yosiel*'s CL, AoW and AS.  It wasn't exactly a fair fight, but the first 2 games were very, very close.  I was greatly aided by the fact that I got very good draws in all 3 decks I played.

Game 1 - GM vs. CL

Yosiel* opened with a very strong board position, with a Serra Ascendent, Pridemate and Knight of Meadowgrain, and eventually laid down a few flyers.  I took a fair amount of damage, putting him very close to 30 life.  But I stabilized the board through a combination of Blood Cultist and Onyx Mage, as well as a couple of removal spells (my opening hand had 3 removal spells but only one creature - a Spiteflame Witch who managed to die spitefully when she traded with a Pridemate).  I was relatively low on life but Yosiel* didn't draw any removal so the Onyx Mage and Blood Cultist locked down the board while I had a few other creatures cautiously attack (for fear of Chastise since he had mana open and cards in hand).

Game 2 - CM vs. AoW

This game was amazing, Yosiel* laid down two Boros Swiftblades and then pulled out a ton of combat tricks - including Fire at Will, Lightning Helix to kill my early attackers.  I had great creatures, but I didn't have any removal, and I didn't want to chump block because I had 2 Leonin Armorguard in my hand, so I wanted a small army.  I ended up taking 12 damage from a Boros Swiftblade assault powered by Rally the Righteous, which was a huge miscalculation on my part, since it took me down to 4 life.  
I played a Loxodon Heirarch, taking me back to 9 but he played a Spitemare and Skyknight Legionaire.  

At this point, I think I had a Hero of Bladehold, 1 spirit token, a Qasali Pridemage, 2 Civic Wayfinders, and the Loxodon Heirarch on the table.  I played a Leonin Armorguard, intending to swing for the win, because he only had 2 blockers since he had also attacked - then Intimidation Bolt on the spirit token stopped the attack.  I was at 4 life and the Skyknight was still there, so I had to sacrifice the Heirarch to keep the token alive - but regeneration tapped it, so I took 2 damage the next turn.  I then drew and played a second Hero of Bladehold.  I think Yosiel* sensed it was now or never; he had a Sunhome Enforcer and 8 mana but no cards in hand at this point, so he swung in with everything.  I had to sacrifice 4 cards as blockers, but I still had the second Armorguard in my hand, so it + the Heroes and a Pridemage swung in for an extremely close win the next turn.

Game 3 - GG vs. AS

For anyone saying that GG is not a broken deck, consider the following opening hand:  1 Krenko's Command, 1 Goblin Cheiftan, 1 Krenko, Mob Boss, 1 Voracious Dragon, and 3 mountains.  I went first and drew mountains on turns 2 and 3 and a Goblin Grenade on turn 4.  

Yousiel*'s AS plays were: turn 2 Invisible Stalker, turn 3 Griffin Guide (did not attack, if he had, he would not have had a fourth turn), turn 4 Daybreak Coronet - basically one of the best draws AS could expect against anything.  On turn 4, he swung in with his now 6/6 vigilant lifelink stalker which took him back to 10 life.  On turn 5, I played the Dragon, had it eat all of the goblins, including and especially Krenko, and then did enough damage to the face to win.  There was no play anyone could have made that would have altered the outcome of this match.  Because goblins is a broken, stupid deck.  The only good thing that can be said about it is that Krenko was eaten by a dragon in the end.

Good games, Yousiel* - anyone reading the above can tell I had utterly ridiculous draws on top of my deck advantage.   
I would very much rather have fixed decks to play with, but if ya'll like randomness thas coo too Cool
I always do random decks, sorry fox. ;P

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Agree with !Flush here, I cannot think that if we play on a fixed deck tournament we will all of us play fair and not run the craziest deck or the decks that go against those decks and just that. That tournament will be too grindy to actually enjoy all the possibilities of the game.

I cannot think of a better hand with the AS deck and I played quite thight on that game but Chieftain+Krenko and you are just dead unless you have a perfect hand.
Looks like I'll have to get to practicing... We should have a single elimination tournament, with a mass invite. We could have seeded players of this season and have qtrs, semis, and finals. Person who comes out on top is the winner of the tournament.
If you wish to talk about ideas for future tournaments please go to the "FUTURE TOURNAMENTS IDEAS" thread.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

To Be Announced. They haven't finished the last match of the first round. Once they do, he can update the bracket and get the people involved their decks

hey kanger, let me know when you have time tomorrow to play.  i'm on mostly during the day but can schedule something at night too.  
I should be good to play sometime around 2-3 EST....I have the day off, so I'll try my best to keep peeking in on Steam. Wife is very pregnant and son is crazy lately, so just gotta make sure they're all good before I can get on the computer without my wife going praying mantis on me.
Lol, good luck Kanger.  I live with a 5, 3, and 1.5 yr old...it is insane!  After this match I'll post new decks for the next Loser Round while we wait for multeye's fire problems to simmer down.

It gets better when they're older, just a lot more expensive once they hit college age. Cry
Tap tap tap ... is this thing on?!
I'm wondering the same thing, lol.  Riddickulose and Kanger need to get together and get their duel done asap.  It has been days.  Haven't heard from multeye...We may have to move on without him.

Riddickulose vs Kangermu

Riddick (GP) vs Kang (PI)
Kang wins as a Chameleon Colussus comes swinging as he Primal Bellows then pumps as my creatures look in awe.

Riddick (PI) vs Kang (BoF)
Riddick wins as a turn 3 Dungrove Elder with four forests in play is out of Flamebreak range and keeps swinging for the win. 

Riddick (OD) vs Kang (GP)
Riddick wins as Kang gets mana screwed and a Befoul adds to the pain.  So sad

Riddick wins 2-1 vs. Kang
Great games. I knew my baby PI was gonna pull through for me. I also knew once I saw that green land in game 2 that I was in trouble, but I had a hand full of 3 mana burn cards and two mana. So as long as I hit that 3rd mana, I'd be fine. Obviously wasn't the case, for a number of reasons, but these things happen.

I knew game three was gonna be terrible, because GP vs OD isn't exactly ideal, in my experience at least. But hey...I had a hand full of three CMC cards, a swamp, a plains and Doomed Traveler to play first turn and get me through a bit of damage and chump once or twice. What else could I need? As long as I got my third mana by like turn 4, I'd be fine.

Of course, I think I hit land drop three just in time to exile the Bloodgift Demon he had forced me to discard and then Rise from the Graved. And then to Vindicate the Grave Titan  he played. Not ideal, but hey, I can finally start playing my 3CMC crea-BEFOUL.....
Goodbye plains, goodbye game. lol...

Good games. Sorry for holdin all y'all up, appreciate the patience. Wife has been having a rough go of this pregnancy this last week and my son is doing his best to make it more interesting. Best of luck to all involved...look forward to seeing who makes it through all the way.

Feel free to hit me up, anybody, if you need a practice partner. Just send me a message any time I'm logged in to Steam and I'd be happy to play certain decks against you to help.
I'm always down for a few duels Kanger!

I have released decks for the new Loser's and Winner's Brackets.  So check the post and start kickin' arse!

We are still waiting for multeyemeteor, more info in original post. 

Round 3 Nunezilla vs. Grunthex

Game 1: Me (Dream Puppets) vs. Nunezilla (Grim Procession)

Isn't this a dream matchup on paper?  Yeah, but not for me.  To make sure of it, I'm still on 3 land on turn 8, and die shortly thereafter.

Game 2: Me (Peacekeepers) vs. Nunezilla (Goblin Gangland)

Hey, this one's a real matchup, right? Nope, Nunezilla mana screws a little bit after 2/3 land with not enough cheap critters.  Good game me.

Game 3: Me (Act of War) vs. Nunezilla (Celestial Light)

I don't deserve this win, but Nunezilla mana screws hard at 2, and then 3 mana.  But Act of War comes through, and does what it does best, and fails to finish.  Might have to do with not missing a land drop for 11 turns.  Eventually he finds land, and the usual results.

3 absolutely pathetic games -- no insult meant to Nunezilla, who played well, but not one game was settled by playing.

Nunezilla wins 2-1 vs Grunthex
Nunezilla vs. Grunthex

Game 1: GP (nunez) vs DP (grunt)

Not the matchup I was looking for, but Grunt was stuck at 3 mana for alot of the game; I did some early damage with Onyx Mage, got in 1 swing with a Bloodgift Demon before he was bounced, then finished with Ob Nixilis, the Fallen and a Terramorphic Expanse

Nunezilla wins.

Game 2: GG (nunez) vs PK (grunt)

I got a little mana screwed in this one but I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference anyways; Grunt just overwhelmed me with his token army including a Crusader of Odric and Captain of the Watch.  By the time I played my Voracious Dragon all of my goblins had already chump blocked to keep me alive to that point.

Grunthex wins.

Game 3: CL (nunez) vs AoW (grunt)

Once again I got stuck at 3 mana but managed to hold off the assault with a couple of Recumbant Bliss and some weenies.  Late game Grunt got mana flooded while I stabilized and started dropping some flying threats eventually flying in with Purity leading the way for the win.

Nunezilla wins.

Nunezilla wins 2-1 
Kupo Trooper defeats dh50 2-1.

Three great games although they were all a little one-sided.

Game 1 - GP(dh50) vs. PK(Kupo)

I had an amazing hand against PK; a Castigate to remove an Honor of the Pure, a Stillborn Cavalier to basically win with, and a Zealous Persecution to remove 5 blockers.  This was a bit imbalanced; I probably got the best draw I could expect against PK.  

dh50 wins.

Game 2 - PI(dh50) vs. SS (Kupo) 

I had a decent hand overall, basically I just played creature after creature, hoping they didn't get removed.  Kupo played a Blood Artist, which my Baloth ate with a Prey Upon, but then he played another one, which eventually killed me with all the rest of the removal that came down.

Kupo Trooper wins.

Game 3 - RG(dh50) vs. CM (Kupo)

This was a pretty decent game, both of us had good opening positions, although Kupo's quickly improved when he played a Beastmaster Ascension.  My best, and only, shot with the cards I had was to play Ashling, hoping that CM's poor removal options meant it would be able to kill enough creatures to prevent the Ascension from triggering.  Sadly, Kupo Trooper Swords to Plowshared it, killing all my dreams.

Kupo Trooper wins.

Good luck Kupo Trooper - they were 3 very well played games, with no mana issues for anyone.  And thanks, Flush for running this tournament, it was very fun while it lasted for me.
Just want to apologize for the hold up again.  If multeye doesn't get on today we will move on without him.  Thanks for being patient everyone!

Garren_Windspear deafeats Slappywhite 2-1

Huzzah! No Goblins for either side! !Flush my faith in your system has been restored. I hope you can forgive my earlier burning hatred for you. Overall this looked like a much more balanced set of decks. So let see what happened (although if you can see the red text above you may already know).

Round 1 - Celestial Light (Me) vs Exalted Darkness (Slappy)
I figure I'll start strong and go with CL. I mean, its not like any of Slappy's decks would have a massive advantageagainst it right? Needless to say Knight of Infamy hit the table on turn 3 and I cried a little inside, to the point of wishing Slappy a GG right then and there. Turns out it was pre-emptive as a Day of Judgment swept the field clear. After a few turns of trading monsters for removal I finally got a White Sun's Zenith off and my cat army secured me victory. Round 1 to Garren_Windspear!

Round 2 - Crosswinds (Me) vs Grim Procession (Slappy)
This was a little more one-sided for Slappy. We both played Castigate (courtesy of Twincast) costing us a Talrand's Invocation and an Ob Nob. Turns out that Invocation was the only creature I was ever going to draw. Slappy started spewing out a stream of Bloodgift Demons and even with Followed Footsteps on one I couldn't keep up. Round 2 to Slappywhite!

Round 3 - Mindstorms (Me) vs Act of War (Slappy)
Now this is a match up I can get behind! A army of creatures all within my burn range? Yes please! No insult meant to Slappywhite (he played as well as you could ask with the tools given) but this was one sided the entire time. Arc Lightning and Electrolyze kept him from playing a monster while keeping my hand full of cards. Then Spellbound Dragon hit the field and it was quickly all over. Round 3 to Garren_Windspear!

Some fun matches to be had all around. I wish Slappywhite all the luck in the world in the next tournament (there will be another tourney, right !Flush?)

Edit: Oh come on! I really can't say word-for-cat-begining-with-P? Why must you ruin my double entendre wizards! Oh well, cat army it is

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

There's always another one Owen_Spear!

I have released decks for the players available in Loser's Bracket Round 3 as well.  I will update as more matches continue to unfold. 

Sorry for not posting up a summary of my match against dh50, I was inundated with work that night and saw that he posted up his report quickly and I felt it covered everything.

But, moving on!

Kupo Trooper loses against Garren_Windspear 1-2

Another case of I figured I had probably lost before even starting as Garren had the second and third best decks in the game ((<---- opinion but pretty accurate)) in his roster (Obedient Dead and Sepulchural Strength) and I had no Blue decks to counter them with, but had I known how utterly hilarious this match would be I'd have recorded it on Fraps.

I hereby declare this match to be a new personal best for me: mana screwed three duels in a row. Frustrating yes, but more funny than anything else. Come hither and let me tell you how it was.......

1) Ancient Wilds (Me) vs. Obedient Dead (Garren) 0-1

AW rarely lets me down since I altered my build to have a lower mana curve but low and behold...

My first hand had two forests so I mulliganed into another hand with two forests. I figured since I was on the draw AND had a Wood Elves in my hand I was bound to draw a forest in the next three cards. But as Lex Luthor would say....WRONG! I drew a forest on my sixth draw, the turn before I would lose to Garren's Nantuko Shade he played on turn 2 that won the duel single handedly. As any avid AW player knows you cannot do anything until land drop 3 or 4 so yeah, the Shade was the single worst card my opponent could have played for me. At least my death was fast and merciful.

2) Grim Procession (Me) vs. Sepulchural Strength (Garren) 1-1

Grim Procession is quickly becoming my most reliable deck, as I have rarely lost with it. Anyway, you're probably thinking 'Oi, you said you got mana screwed in all three games, so how'd you win!?'. Good question...a combination of having both copies of the most godly card in the deck in my opening hand (hint, Castigate) and my opponent being reasonably mana flooded.

Anyway I mulliganed away from a hand with one land in it to recieve a Plains, a Swamp, two Castigates, two 3 cmc removal spells and a 4 cmc creature. I proceeded to exile Garren's Rancor and big stompy regenerator, change colour thing...and from seeing his hand so early in the duel I saw that he wasn't exactly mana flooded but didn't really have many threats either (had 4 lands, 2 Rancors and a Lord of Destruction which is very little threat against GP).

Anyway the funny thing is I was stuck at two mana for almost the entire duel, I think I ended with five mana out in the end and Garren had about 10. Despite this, my opponent's excess of lands and lack of threats allowed me to casually sit back and wait for my land (unlike in the last duel where it just completely annhiliated me out of the gate)...eventually it came and I was free to remove and paralyze his stuff at my leisure until I got out my threats and won with them.

3) Rogue's Gallery (Me) vs. Mindstorms (Garren) 1-2

Yay! I love it when the higher tier decks get done with and we get down to the low tier decks. I figured this was a fairly poor matchup for me, what with Mindstorms' abundance of cheap burn and RG's reliance on small creatures until it can get its bombs out. BUT, if I managed to get my bombs out I'd probably stand a good chance of course. Did I ever get them out? Ho ho ho, don't be silly.

First hand - 1 land. Mulligan. Second hand - NO LANDS. Mulligan. Third hand (less one card) - two lands. /sigh. And I was on the play. Never mind, I had a 2/2 vanilla to play with that mana, that'd get me through! Other than that I had two 5 cmc bombs and a 4 cmc 'play instant or sorcery from your opponent's graveyard instant'. This deck is capable of far worse to be fair.

Anyway so things weren't going too bad, I got my awesome 2/2 vanilla zombie out and started swinging...on my first draw I got a 2/1 2cmc unblockable but didn't play it on my third turn (drew a swamp) because I knew Garren would have a Burst Lightning. Garren played Burst Lightning to kill my guy so I played the unblockable and he actually survived for a good amount of time as I continued to draw 5cmc card after 5cmc card after 4cmc (and so on and so forth)...anyway eventually Garren got two Dominus of Fealtys out, and even though I Barrin's Spited them and had a burn ready for the other, his one last card in his hand had to be a Mana Leak of course to stop my removal in its tracks.

The best part of this duel? Not drawing a fourth land for 6 turns. The worst part? Having so many win conditions tantalisingly close for the whole duel, always one mana away from doing the ideal move (apart from the Barrin's Spite, that was pretty awesome).

It was a fun match overall, and hope you go on to do well Garren. Lands may have decided they hate me in this tournament, but it's part of the game and as worthy a victory (and defeat) as any other. Best of luck lubbly folk!

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Garren_Windspear defeats Kupo Trooper 2-1

I went into this round feeling a little confidant - with OD, SS and of course MS (mightiest of the all!) I had some powerful decks at my disposal. That isn't to say Kupo stood no chance: AW always puts in a good showing and GP beat me bad last round so its still all to play for! Its time to duel!

Round 1 - Obediant Dead (Me) vs Ancient Wilds (Kupo)
Remember how I said AW always puts in a good showing? Turns out I forgot about mana scew. Kupo got stuck on 2 mana for the first 4 turns or so after which he graduated to being stuck on 4 mana for the rest of the game. On my end I manged to drop a Nantuko Shade on turn 2 so you can probably guess how the rest of the round went. I still ate a few Beast Withins as an act of defiance on Kupo's part but it was too little too late. My Massacre Wurm om-nom-nomed his way to victory. Round 1 to Garren_Windspear!

Round 2 - Sepulchral Strength (Me) vs Grim Procession (Kupo)
Kupo started strong with 2 Castigates followed by both Vampire Nighthawk and Stillmoon Cavalier, forcing me to pop my Pernicious Deed much sooner than I would have liked. I dropped a Lord of Extinction and a Mortivore to enjoy all the dead but they were hit by a Pillory of the Sleepless and Unmake respectively. After that I drew nothing but lands and Kupo's forces (led by Voracious Hatchling and Falkenrath Noble) surged forward to victory. Round 2 to Kupo Trooper!

Round 3 - Mindstorms (Me) vs Rogue's Gallery (Kupo)
Kupo told me he loved it when these things come down to lower tier decks, a statement I didn't quite understand because last time I checked Mindstorm was pure awesome which only loses to make the other decks feel better about themselves. Anyway Kupo got of some early damage in with his Walking Corpse and Inkfathom Infiltrator but that was nothing a Arc Lightning couldn't fix. Kupo ended up getting stuck at 4 mana again (seriously Kupo what did you do to make land hate you so much?) which gave me plently of time to build up the mana for my Reverberated Time Warp double Dominus of Fealty ultra-mega combo that was totally planned and not just luck of the draw (I swear!). Kupo did his best to hold of this onslaught with Barrin's Spite and Ribbons of Night (which was Mana Leaked) but it just wasn't enough to save him. Round 3 to Garren_Windspear!

Some fun matches all in all from an excellent duelist. Let's have a show of hands for Kupo 'Just one more mana until Victory' Trooper! Good luck in the next one!

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Nice write-up and a great fella ^

On an additional note, I've been playing the game a bit more tonight and I've been constantly mana screwed again and again and again. XD I think I had one starting hand that was more than two lands and it had 6 lands and a Vampire Nighthawk........not my night at all!

Enjoy everyone!
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Lol Kupo, I swear on anything that is real this crap comes in waves every damn time....perfect hands/draws one day, nothing but mana flood/screw the next.  A very odd randomness for sure.

Yeah for sure Flush, thanks for sharing in my pain! ^^ Yesterday in fact, I had a seven duel win streak with Dream Puppets of all things...drew a god hand nearly every time. Guess I paid for that today, and you're certainly right about the waves of luck. Never mind, splendid stuff! I will stop spamming (not bumping honest) the tourny but will continue to watch eagerly for the champion.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Haha, You're always welcome here friend!  Kupo!

Loukoumas wins Sidecutte 2-0

First round  Sas(Sidecutte) vs CW(Me):
A slow and long game

My opening hand had only 2 lands but 1 <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=212242" rel="nofollow">Disperse,one  <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270314" rel="nofollow">Fog Bank</a> ,one <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=254117" rel="nofollow">T</a><a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=254117" rel="nofollow">alrand's Invocation</a> ,one <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=265403" rel="nofollow">Cancel</a> and  one <a target="_blank" href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=221496" rel="nofollow"></a><a target="_blank" href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270314" rel="nofollow"> </a><a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=221496" rel="nofollow">Sleight of Hand</a> .I got lucky in hte next draws and got quite a few shenanigans (one  Mana leak
,one Call to mind and one more Disperse),whcih helped me stall my oponenet.On the other hand Sidecutte  start chopping my life with a combination of  and a <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=235601" rel="nofollow">Claustrophobia</a> on my Fogbank(which i had to bounce back to my deck).

After some bounces nad cancels, i start running out of tricks and a Jhessian Infiltrator   kicks in the field for Sidecutte.I have around 10 or 12 life and my hand consists of one Cancel a and something else  i do not remember!At 9 lands i draw a  ,with which i create 5 copys of the Infiltrator.Meanwhile the  counter of  an  and pf  one <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=152091" rel="nofollow">Murkfiend Liege </a> helped me stay in game.The next card i draw is ,again, a Rite of Replication  which i use in the same way.Sidecutte's all out attack  with a combination of a and a  miscalcualtion on the blockers by me, finds me at 1 hp.All i had to do now was to use my unblockable creatures to chop the remaining 10 hp of my opponent.

Second Round AW(Sidecutte) vs GP(Me)

My oppening hand consisted of <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=368503" rel="nofollow">Doomed traveler</a>,an <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=368503" rel="nofollow">Onyx Mage</a> , a <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=368534" rel="nofollow"> Vampire Nighthawk</a> , a   3 lands(1 swap,2 plains).I start with a combination of the Doomed Traveler and the Onyx mage while i hope for some removal or a second swap.Sidecutte starts with a Fauna Shaman .Between using his shaman ability and getting lands with his Wood Elves he discards a <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270451" rel="nofollow">Terastodon</a> at round 4(or 5).I use my recently draw Reanimate and resurect that beast and  randomly use his ability.I continue to chop his hp with a use of  <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=192219" rel="nofollow">Ob Nixilis,The Fallen</a> ,which i foolishy loose in a attack.Sidecutte uses two <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=249685" rel="nofollow">Thrughusk</a> to gain some hp and some blockers but  my two Unmake banish his creatures and seal the deal.

Edit for links on the cards!

If you want the cards to pop up surround the name of the card with a {c}card name{/c} but use brackets "[ ]" instead of  "{ }".

If you want the cards to pop up surround the name of the card with a {c}card name{/c} but use brackets "[ ]" instead of  "{ }".

Thanks for the info!
Well.. I added Riddickulose the moment he won his last game, I was online whole weekend, he seemed online whole weekend. I sent him a couple of messages though he didn't reply. I hate being in this situation and posting like this.
Well, don't feel left out, my opponent was a no show as well.  I'll give each a couple days and then we are moving on.  Sorry about the hold ups!

@test np man. ;) 

I'm giving Yxanthymir and Riddickulose today to get their matches done.  Both d3s and myself have been on for days waiting and getting 0 cooperation from our opponents.

Edit:  Yxanth lost all of his deck unlocks and has conceded from the tournament.  Riddick still needs to get with d3s.

This also means that Garren_Windspear has been moved to the Loser Bracket "Championship" game by default as Yxanth would have been his opponent after conceding.  I, by default, have been moved to the Winner's Bracket "Championship" due to the same reason.  I hate to have to have people not quite earn their way...but I suppose that is just how things work out sometimes.

Well, I've ran out of patience for the no shows/non-responsives.  I have moved forward and released the decks for d3ss vs. loukoumas.  Once that is done I will release decks for both the new Losers and Winner's brackets!  Have fun and good luck remaining players!

d3s and loukoumas are suppose to be playing their match this evening.  After that we should be able to continue forward and probably even have our next Champion within a couple days!

After this tournament I will be holding at least one more tournament, possibly even two or three more depending on the time available.  I am moving again around the end of May/beginning of June so I will be offline for at least a week around that time.  I'm hoping to be back before DotP 2014 comes out!!  IF things are running smoothly I plan to start my first DotP 2014 tournament about 2 weeks after it has been released. 

All this moving is not good for you.  I thought you'd settled into your retirement home?!
Ahh, to retire in your 30s...sounds good. ;P  Unfortunately I have a ways to go, like getting a job to get a retirement, lol.

d3ss defeats Loukoumas 2-0.

First of all, I was very happy to face a Greek friend (not that I'm Turkish (I am btw), but cause we're in the same time zone; I love Greece, HELLAS!). He's my 4th opponent in this tourney; two of them I passed bye (no shows) and to one I had lost. His decks were MM, PK, OD; I had BoF, AS, CW. I had the best matchups I could ask for.

Round 1: (AS vs PK) 
I hate AS to the guts, depends on no skill but luck. If by any chance you have some cards in hand, you're unstoppable. One [C]Invisible Stalker[/c] with a lifelink on it, and you have a countdown for PK. AS wins: 1-0.

Round 2: (CW vs MM)
Having PK out of the way, there was no reason to go with BoF any more. OD or MM, especially MM is a bad matchup for CW. Having 2 cancels in hand, I could stop MM from playing its game and kept control as well as the card advantage. Adding to this a Future Sight and a Sphinx-Bone Wand in the way, the game went quickly upside down for Loukoumas, my Greek friend. CW wins: 2-0.

So, I got my first win in tourney, hurray! :p