Far Hand

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have the Orbiting Object Feat and as such I'm sustaining Far Hand. How many times on each turn can I move an item from my hand to a container and another item back to my hand? What kind of action would that be? Thank you kindly.

While Orbiting Object let you sustain Far Hand as a free action rather than a minor action, you still can only sustain it once per round.

RC 277 Limitations: The creature can sustain a particular effect only once per round and for no more than 5 minutes.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

That's what I thought. Thanks. Now just to make sure here's the scenario. Please keep in mind I'm using Orbiting Object with Far Hand and Quick Draw.

Turn 1
Move Action
Standard Action
Minor Action for Far Hand to move item 1 from my hand to a container and item 2 from my container to my hand

Turn 2
Move Action
Minor Action to stow item 2
Standard Action to Attack with item 1 using Quick Draw
Free Action for Far Hand to move item 1 from my hand to a container and item 2 from my container to my hand

Turn 3+
rinse and repeat 
By a very strict reading of Far Hand, on turn 2 when you stow item 2 manually as a minor action, it remains the target of Far Hand.  Then the ability to have Far Hand switch item in hand with item in container specifies that the current target must be in hand, so technically what you have planned above doesn't work. 

That being said, I think many DMs would usually allow it.

Out of curiousity, what are the two items you plan on swapping, and is there something preventing you from just using both hands to hold items 1 and 2?
Out of curiousity, what are the two items you plan on swapping, and is there something preventing you from just using both hands to hold items 1 and 2?

I'm trying to switch out my crystal orb for a spear while holding a shield to get Ninth Legion Student to work as part of my Hybrid Psion/Warlord.
Basically, when I sustain Far Hand can I select a new target to manipulate or am I stuck with the object I previously manipulated? Thanks.
You are stuck with the object you have targeted with Far Hand.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Beautiful. Thanks.