Infinite Combos - Standard (Innistrad & Return to Ravnica Blocks)

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
I thought it would be useful (and fun) to compile a list of all infinite combos currently in the standard format.  I'm sure I'm missing some, so if you know of any, post it & I will update this post with credit to you. 

Infinite Damage, Life, and/or Mill:

Combo#1:
3X Fiend Hunter
1X Vigilante Justice (for infinite damage)
1X Stern Mentor + 1X Midnight Guard (for infinite mill - thanks to rezzahan)
1X Trostani, Selesnya's Voice (for infinite life)
(can substitute 1X Midnight Guard & 1X Wolfhunter's Quiver for Vigilante Justice - thanks to DocGrog)
(can substitue 1X Restoration Angel for 1X Fiend Hunter - thanks to rezzahan)

Play each Fiend Hunter exiling the previous.  After the 3rd is played, the 1st will be returned to play.  This gives you 2 effects to put on the stack & order is very important.  First, you want to put the Fiend Hunter ability on the stack, followed by the damage effect from Vigilante Justice.  Stack will resolve dealing 1 damage to target creature or player of your choice, followed by Fiend Hunter exile effect bringing another Fiend Hunter back into play to repeat the process.

Combo#2:
(thanks to rezzahan)
1X Tamiyo, the Moon Sage (-8 emblem)
1X Burning-Tree Emissary
1X Falkenrath Torturer (or other sac outlet)
1X Rewind (for infinite counterspells)
(can substitute 1X Midnight Guard & 1X Wolfhunter's Quiver for Vigilante Justice - thanks to DocGrog)

Get Tamiyo, the Moon Sage to 8 loyalty counters, then use -8 ability to get emblem with "Whenever a card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may return it to your hand."  Play Burning-Tree Emissary for 2 mana, which adds 2 mana to mana pool.  Sac Burning-Tree Emissary to Falkenrath Torturer (or other sac outlet).  Emblem returns Burning-Tree Emissary to hand.  Repeat.  Add in other cards for enters battlefield from human effects for infinite damage or mill.  Of course, you probably also want Rewind for infinite counterspells.

Infinite Loss of Life & Mill:
1X Grimgrin, Corpse-Born (or other sac outlet)
1X Diregraf Captain or 1X Blood Artist (loss of life)
1X Gravecrawler
1X Rooftop Storm
1 x Trait Doctoring + 1 x Sage's Row Denizen (Infinite Mill) - Thanks to Decembra

Sack Gravecrawler to Grimgrin, Corpse-Born ability.  Diregraf Captain effect causes target opponent to lose 1 life.  Play Gravecrawler from graveyard for zero casting cost using Rooftop Storm.  For infintie mill, Just change the Denizen's color trigger with Trait Doctoring to the color of the creature infinitely entering the battlefield (in this case, Black).  Repeat
(As POSValkir1 pointed out, other sac outlets can be used instead of Grim-Grin, but once Rooftop Storm hits the board, he's free to cast - plus he goes inf/inf as a nice side effect.  Blood Artist can also be used in place of Diregraf Captain.  But keep in mind if you make any substitutions that you must control a Zombie in order to cast Gravecrawler from the graveyard)

Infinite Mana:

Combo#1:
1X Axebane Guardian
1X Galvanic Alchemist
+ 3 creatures with defender

Axebane Guardian with 3 other creatures with defender in play produces 4 mana.  Use 3 mana from soulbond with Galvanic Alchemist to untap Axebane Guardian, leaving 1 floating mana.  Repeat

Combo#2:
1X Axebane Guardian
1X Niblis of the Breath
1X Illusionist's Bracers
+ 1 creature with defender

Axebane Guardian with 1 other creature with defender in play produces 2 mana.  Use 1 mana with Niblis of the Breath equipped with Illusionist's Bracers to untap Axebane Guardian, which is copied by Illusionist's Bracers & can be used to untap Niblis of the Breath itself.  Repeat

Combo#3:
1X Axebane Guardian
1X Captain of the Mists
1X Illusionist's Bracers
+ 2 creatures with defender

Same as Combo#2, but you must have 1 more creature with defender to produce 3 mana from Axebane Guardian as Captain of the Mists activated ability is 2 mana versus 1.

Combo#4:
(thanks to bobbyggg)
1X Captain of the Mists
1X Illusionist's Bracers
1X Gilded Lotus

Tap Gilded Lotus for 3 mana.  Use Captain of the Mists equipped with Illusionist's Bracers to untap Gilded Lotus & Captain of the Mists.  Repeat

Combo#5:
1X Captain of the Mists
1X Illusionist's Bracers
Any combination of 2X Verdant Haven or Zhur-Taa Ancient

Tap land juiced by any combination of 2X Verdant Haven or Zhur-Taa Ancient for 3 mana.  Use Captain of the Mists equipped with Illusionist's Bracers to untap land & Captain of the Mists.  Repeat

Infinite mana + steal all permanents:
(thanks to Lord_of_fuddies)
1X Deadeye Navigator
1X Zealous Conscripts
1X Gilded Lotus

Soulbond Deadeye Navigator and Zealous Conscripts.  Tap Gilded Lotus for 3 mana.  Blink Zealous Conscripts, target Gilded Lotus untapping leaving 1 mana.  Repeat for infinite mana, then you can repeatedly blink Zealous Conscripts to gain control of all permanents.

Infinite combat phases
(thanks to Enigma256)
1X Aurelia, the Warleader
1X Deadeye Navigator
1X Axebane Guardian
+ 1 creature with Defender

Attack with Aurelia, the Warleader – since first time attacked, effect untaps all creatures & gives additional combat phase.  Tap Axebane Guardian to product 2 mana.  Then use Deadeye Navigator soulbond ability to exile Aurelia, the Warleader & return to play.  Since Aurelia, the Warleader has haste & just came into play, she can attack again with it being considered  the first time she attacked.  Repeat

Infinite Combat Phases:
Combo#2: 
Thanks to Decembra

Aurelia, the Warleader x 1
Stolen Identity x 1
Preferrably difficult to block creature x 1

After the first combat with Aurelia copy her with Stolen Identity, keeping the new Aurelia, then cipher it onto the other creature. Attack again and the new Aurelia gives you another combat phase, cipher triggers if your other creature deals combat damage, and you get yourself another new Aurelia. Repeat.

Infinite Life & Loss of Life:

Combo#1:
(thanks to JBTM)
1X Boros Reckoner
1X Boros Charm (Indestructible mode) or 1X Frontline Medic (Battalion activated)
1X Azorius Charm (Lifelink mode) or 1X Nearheath Pilgrim
1X Vizkopa Guildmage (for infinite loss of life - thanks to Chaosdragon85)

Make Boros Reckoner indestructible with Boros Charm (Indestructible mode) or Frontline Medic (Battalion activated).  Then give him lifelink with Azorius Charm (Lifelink mode) or Nearheath Pilgrim.  Then deal any amount of damage to him, he triggers to deal that much damage to target creature or player.  Target himself, he deals X damage to himself and you gain X life (from lifelink), triggering his ability to deal X damage to any target.  Target himself.  Repeat ad nauseam for infinite life.

Combo#2:
(thanks to Enigma256)
1X Vizkopa Guildmage
1X Exquisite Blood

Use Vizkopa Guildmage 2nd ability - "Whenever you gain life this turn, each opponent loses that much life."  Then gain life or deal your opponent some damage to start the chain reaction with Exquisite Blood - "Whenever an opponent loses life, you gain that much life."

Infinite Life, Creatures, Damage, and Mill:
Combo#1
(thanks to JBTM)
1X Angel of Glory's Rise
1X Fiend Hunter
1X Cartel Aristocrat (or other sac outlet)
1X Huntmaster of the Fells (optional for infinite life & creatures)
1X Vigilante Justice (optional for infinite damage)
(can substitute Midnight Guard & 1X Wolfhunter's Quiver for Vigilante Justice - thanks to DocGrog)

Get Angel of Glory's Rise out, which brings Fiend Hunter and Cartel Aristocrat from the graveyard.  Target Angel of Glory's Rise with Fiend Hunter, then sac Fiend Hunter to Cartel Aristocrat to repeat.  Add in Huntmaster of the Fells for infinite life and wolves, or any other human with an EtB effect.  Top it off with Vigilante Justice for infinite damage.

Combo#2:
(thanks to DocGrog)
1X Archaeomancer
1X Gilded Lotus
1X Ghostly Flicker
1X Talrand, Sky Summoner (for creatures)
1X Midnight Guard & 1X Wolfhunter's Quiver OR 1X Vigilante Justice (for damage)
1X Champion of the Parish (for inf power/toughness)
1X Tablet of the Guilds or 1X Trostani, Selesnya's Voice (for infinite life)
1X Goblin Electromancer (for Mana - thanks to JBTM)
1X Sage's Row Denizen (for mill - thanks to rezzahan)

Tap Gilded Lotus for [Blue] [Blue] [Blue] , cast Ghostly Flicker on Archaeomancer and Gilded Lotus.  Add in your choice of any of the other cards for infinite damage, life, creatures, mana, mill, or inf/inf creature.

Infinite Everything:
1X Ghostly Flicker
1X Archaeomancer
1X Village Bell-Ringer
1X Axebane Guardian + 2 creatures with defender (or any combination of creatures that can produce [Blue] + 2 mana)
1X Wolfhunter's Quiver (for infinite damage)
1X Stuffy Doll (for infinite damage)
1X Lobber Crew (for infinite damage)
1X Stern Mentor (for infinite mill)
1X Mikaeus, the Lunarch (for inf/inf creatures)
1X Tree of Redemption + 1X Rhox Faithmender (for infinite^infinite of life)
1X Beguiler of Wills (for infinite creature steal)
1X Bloodline Keeper (for infinite creatures)
1X Krenko, Mob Boss (for infinite creatures)
1X Thraben Doomsayer (for infinite creatures)
1X Devout Chaplain (for infinite artifact/enchantment exile)
1X Rummaging Goblin (for infinite 'rummaging')
+ more...these were just my top picks

Tap Axebane Guardian for [Blue] [Blue] [Blue] , cast Ghostly Flicker on Archaeomancer & Village Bell-RingerArchaeomancer coming into play allows you to return the Ghostly Flicker to hand to repeat the process.  When Village Bell-Ringer enters battlefield, all your creatures untap...giving you mana dorks to cast Ghostly Flicker & making any creature with a [Tap] activated ability go infinite.

Infinite Everything (times 2):
Village Bell-Ringer
Dual Casting
Illusionist's Bracers
Cackling Counterpart
Battle Hymn

With Village Bell-Ringer in play with Dual Casting & Illusionist's Bracers on any creature, cast Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart targeting Village Bell-Ringer.  With Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart on the stack, use Dual Casting to copy either one.  Illusionist's Bracers copies the effect - change target to the other.  Keep target of Cackling Counterpart as Village Bell-Ringer.  You will now have copies of Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart on the stack, which you can allow to resolve.  A Village Bell-Ringer token will come into play which will untap all of your creatures & Battle Hymn will give you the mana needed to use Dual Casting again.  Repeat.

As it stands right now, the combo will give you infinite creatures and infinite mana.  Add in any of the creatures from the "Infinite Everything" combo just above to add infinite damage, life, mill, etc.  Add another Dual Casting or Illusionist's Bracers with any other instant or sorcery on the stack to copy it as many times as you want.  Enjoy.
Infinite combat phases

Aurelia, the Warleader
Deadeye Navigator
Axebane Guardian
1 creature with Defender
proud member of the 2011 community team
Infinite combat phases

Aurelia, the Warleader
Deadeye Navigator
Axebane Guardian
1 creature with Defender

Thanks!  Updated post.
Boros Reckoner + Boros Charm (Indestructible mode) or Frontline Medic (Battalion activated) + Azorius Charm (Lifelink mode) or Nearheath Pilgrim

Make Reckoner indestructible and give him lifelink.  Then deal any amount of damage to him, he triggers to deal that much damage to target creature or player.  Target himself, he deals X damage to himself and you gain X life (from lifelink), triggering his ability to deal X damage to any target.  Target himself.  Repeat ad nauseam for infinite life.

Then there's the Human Reanimator deck, which is built on:
Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + sac outlet (generally Cartel Aristocrat)

Get Angel out, which brings Fiend Hunter and Aristocrat from the graveyard.  Fiend Hunter takes your Angel, then sac Fiend Hunter to Aristocrat to repeat.  Add in Huntmaster of the Fells for infinite life and wolves, or any other human with an EtB effect.
3-card infinite mana + steal all permanents

Deadeye Navigator + Zealous Conscripts + Gilded Lotus

Pair up, blink conscripts, untapping the lotus generating +1 mana, blink as many times as you wish until you have enough mana to steal everything on the field and give it haste XD.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Boros Reckoner + Boros Charm (Indestructible mode) or Frontline Medic (Battalion activated) + Azorius Charm (Lifelink mode) or Nearheath Pilgrim

Make Reckoner indestructible and give him lifelink.  Then deal any amount of damage to him, he triggers to deal that much damage to target creature or player.  Target himself, he deals X damage to himself and you gain X life (from lifelink), triggering his ability to deal X damage to any target.  Target himself.  Repeat ad nauseam for infinite life.

Then there's the Human Reanimator deck, which is built on:
Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + sac outlet (generally Cartel Aristocrat)

Get Angel out, which brings Fiend Hunter and Aristocrat from the graveyard.  Fiend Hunter takes your Angel, then sac Fiend Hunter to Aristocrat to repeat.  Add in Huntmaster of the Fells for infinite life and wolves, or any other human with an EtB effect.

Very Nice!

I knew about the human reanimator combo, but didn't think about Huntmaster of the Fells for infinite life & creatures.  While we are at it, let's add in Vigilante Justice for infinite damage.

I did not know about the Boros Reckoner combo, but when I read that card, it just screamed 'break me' 

Updating post now.
3-card infinite mana + steal all permanents

Deadeye Navigator + Zealous Conscripts + Gilded Lotus

Pair up, blink conscripts, untapping the lotus generating +1 mana, blink as many times as you wish until you have enough mana to steal everything on the field and give it haste XD.

Another great combo!  This one will leave your opponent with their mouth dropped open.  Tongue Out

Will update post later.  thanks!
Should replace Grimgrin with "Sac outlet" since he is not integral to the process.  Bloodthrone Vampire is faster.

Although with Grimgrin you also have an Infinite +1/+1 combo. 
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Infinite Creatures/Damage/Large Creature/Life

Archaeomancer, Gilded Lotus, Ghostly Flicker + Talrand, Sky Summoner for creatures, Midnight Guard&Wolfhunter's Quiver OR Vigilante Justice for damage, Champion of the Parish for inf power/toughness, Tablet of the Guilds for Life ... and so forth.

Tap Lotus for , cas flicker on archaeomancer and lotus, profit. there should be way more stuff to abuse it, that's just what came to my mind fast.
Add Goblin Electromancer and Flicker costs less, making it infinite mana as well.
Infinite life drain:
Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood 
In the triple Fiend Hunter combo and anything that abuses it, you can substitute one FH with a Restoration Angel for the same effect.

Sage's Row Denizen + Ghostly Flicker + Gilded Lotus + Archaeomancer = "Infinite" Mill

The later three can also be used for anything else that would care about Archaeomancer entering the battlefield. With Goblin Electromancer you can get "infinite" mana.

I started up my next community draft in the limited forums. This time around the format is Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi. So if you like to draft, come by and share your thoughts.

CD2: General

My community draft experiment with DTK/DTK/FRF is concluded now. If you want to, you can check it out and maybe build some decks from the pools. I've already build my own take on that.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

Infinite life drain:

not in Standard
fixed: Vizkopa Guildmage + Exquisite Blood
The Fiend Hunters can make anything with an ETB effect infinite.

Tokens: Attended Knight
Lifeloss: Bloodhunter Bat
Mana: Burning-Tree Emissary
Life: Cathedral Sanctifier
Card draw: Elvish Visionary
Self-mill: Screeching Skaab

Honorable mention: Thragtusk, Acidic Slime
Infinite Creatures/Damage/Large Creature/Life

Archaeomancer, Gilded Lotus, Ghostly Flicker + Talrand, Sky Summoner for creatures, Midnight Guard&Wolfhunter's Quiver OR Vigilante Justice for damage, Champion of the Parish for inf power/toughness, Tablet of the Guilds for Life ... and so forth.

Tap Lotus for , cas flicker on archaeomancer and lotus, profit. there should be way more stuff to abuse it, that's just what came to my mind fast.

Awesome!  I knew about the Flicker/Archaeomancer combo, but haven't sat down to figure out a proper way to abuse it yet. 

I really like the Midnight Guard&Wolfhunter's Quiver combo - that works for infinite damage in a couple of other combos listed.
In the triple Fiend Hunter combo and anything that abuses it, you can substitute one FH with a Restoration Angel for the same effect.

Sage's Row Denizen + Ghostly Flicker + Gilded Lotus + Archaeomancer = "Infinite" Mill

The later three can also be used for anything else that would care about Archaeomancer entering the battlefield. With Goblin Electromancer you can get "infinite" mana.

Had not considered Restoration Angel - that combo would be much easier to pull off with 1 Restoration Angel & 2 Fiend Hunter

Sage's Row Denizen is nice for infinite mill.  DocGrog already posted the flicker combo before you, so I will add your combo to his.

thanks!
The triple Fiend Hunter combo or the Flicker-Archaeomancer combo can also be used with Stern Mentor and Midnight Guard for another "infinite" mill. Don't know why I didn't think of it when I posted, even though I've already build a deck around this.

Edit: How about combining the emblem of Tamiyo, the Moon Sage with Burning-Tree Emissary and a "free"sac outlet like Falkenrath Torturer for another 3 card "infinite" combo of a creature entering the battlefield and/or dying plus whatever the sac outlet gives you.

I started up my next community draft in the limited forums. This time around the format is Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi. So if you like to draft, come by and share your thoughts.

CD2: General

My community draft experiment with DTK/DTK/FRF is concluded now. If you want to, you can check it out and maybe build some decks from the pools. I've already build my own take on that.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

The triple Fiend Hunter combo or the Flicker-Archaeomancer combo can also be used with Stern Mentor and Midnight Guard for another "infinite" mill. Don't know why I didn't think of it when I posted, even though I've already build a deck around this.

Edit: How about combining the emblem of Tamiyo, the Moon Sage with Burning-Tree Emissary and a "free"sac outlet like Falkenrath Torturer for another 3 card "infinite" combo of a creature entering the battlefield and/or dying plus whatever the sac outlet gives you.

Another nice combo with Midnight Guard that I haven't considered. 

The Tamiyo, the Moon Sage combo is another good one.  Since Burning-Tree Emissary is a human, it will work like some of the other combos.  We can also add in the known infinite counters from Rewind.

I will update post shortly.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.  There are turning out to be a lot more infinite combos in Standard than I had expected.
The Fiend Hunters can make anything with an ETB effect infinite.

Tokens: Attended Knight
Lifeloss: Bloodhunter Bat
Mana: Burning-Tree Emissary
Life: Cathedral Sanctifier
Card draw: Elvish Visionary
Self-mill: Screeching Skaab

Honorable mention: Thragtusk, Acidic Slime

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think this will work.  As soon as you target anything else with the fiend hunters, you break the combo.  Even with 4 fiend hunters, I end up breaking the combo.
Infinite life drain:

not in Standard
fixed: Vizkopa Guildmage + Exquisite Blood

A nice simple combo - I might try building a deck around this one.  ;)

Infinite life gain + Infinite damage:
Vizkopa Guildmage + Boros Reckoner

Also the Infinite combat phases is wrong, even if you exile shift Aurelia the warleader after the first combat phase she is still considered involved in the first combat phase for that turn.  

also need something to make the Reckoner indestructible
Also the Infinite combat phases is wrong, even if you exile shift Aurelia the warleader after the first combat phase she is still considered involved in the first combat phase for that turn.  

she's not
the Aurelia that has been involved in the first combat no longer exists

Vizkopa Guildmage can be added to JBTM's Boros Reckoner infinite life combo for infinite loss of life. 

Like Enigma256 said, the Aurelia, the Warleader that attacked no longer exists as the card has been exiled & returned to play. 

also need something to make the Reckoner indestructible

she's not
the Aurelia that has been involved in the first combat no longer exists

The Reckoner doesn't need to be indestructible since he doesn't go to the grave as long as his ability keeps getting triggered(he takes damage his ability triggers he take more damage his ability triggers again and so on), the point of making him indestructible is so you can keep him on the field if your only doing the infinite life gain.

oh and the official ruling on Aurelia is she has to be on the field before the combat phase for her ability to trigger so again no infinite combat phases.

1/24/2013If Aurelia is put onto the battlefield attacking, the triggered ability won’t trigger
The Reckoner doesn't need to be indestructible since he doesn't go to the grave as long as his ability keeps getting triggered(he takes damage his ability triggers he take more damage his ability triggers again and so on), the point of making him indestructible is so you can keep him on the field if your only doing the infinite life gain.

he will die as soon as he has 3 damage
the trigger will still go off, but you can't target the Reckoner again
oh and the official ruling on Aurelia is she has to be on the field before the combat phase for her ability to trigger so again no infinite combat phases.

1/24/2013If Aurelia is put onto the battlefield attacking, the triggered ability won’t trigger

that's not what that ruling says at all

the ruling simply says that if you put her on the battlefield with Kaalia of the Vast she will not trigger (because she's attacking, but never attacked)
The Reckoner does need to be indestructible for the combo to work. If you just give it lifelink and deal 1 damage, what happens is this:

1. It's dealt 1 damage, triggering its ability.
2. The ability resolves, dealing 1 damage to itself, giving you 1 life, and triggering the ability.
3. The ability resolves, dealing 1 damage to itself, giving you 1 life, and triggering the ability.
4. It's destroyed due to lethal damage.
5. The ability resolves but does nothing, since the intended recipient of the damage no longer exists.

The Aurelia combo does work. You attack with Aurelia. This triggers her ability, untapping the creatures and granting the additional combat phase. Then you blink her with Deadeye Navigator. This puts a new Aurelia onto the battlefield, who hasn't attacked yet. In the second combat phase, you attack with this new Aurelia (possible because of the haste). This is the first time this new Aurelia has attacked this turn, so her ability triggers, untapping the creatures and granting an additional combat phase. Then you blink her, creating another new Aurelia who hasn't attacked yet. Repeat as necessary.

The ruling you cited is true but irrelevant. Aurelia isn't being put onto the battlefield attacking. She's actually being declared as attacker. It says nothing about her needing to be on the battlefield prior to the combat phase (although even if such a restriction existed, it wouldn't stop the combo; you can have the new Aurelia around before the combat phase in which she attacks). It just means that something like Kaalia of the Vast won't let her ability trigger.
I added some extra cards to some of the combos,
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice (for infinite life)
Blood Artist as alternate in Zombie combo

I also added another combo...hope you like it...

Infinite Everything:
1X Ghostly Flicker
1X Archaeomancer
1X Village Bell-Ringer
1X Axebane Guardian + 2 creatures with defender (or any combination of creatures that can produce [Blue] + 2 mana)
1X Wolfhunter's Quiver (for infinite damage)
1X Stuffy Doll (for infinite damage)
1X Lobber Crew (for infinite damage)
1X Stern Mentor (for infinite mill)
1X Mikaeus, the Lunarch (for inf/inf creatures)
1X Tree of Redemption + 1X Rhox Faithmender (for infinite^infinite of life)
1X Beguiler of Wills (for infinite creature steal)
1X Bloodline Keeper (for infinite creatures)
1X Krenko, Mob Boss (for infinite creatures)
1X Thraben Doomsayer (for infinite creatures)
1X Devout Chaplain (for infinite artifact/enchantment exile)
1X Rummaging Goblin (for infinite 'rummaging')
+ more...these were just my top picks

Tap Axebane Guardian for [Blue] [Blue] [Blue] , cast Ghostly Flicker on Archaeomancer & Village Bell-RingerArchaeomancer coming into play allows you to return the Ghostly Flicker to hand to repeat the process.  When Village Bell-Ringer enters battlefield, all your creatures untap...giving you mana dorks to cast Ghostly Flicker & making any creature with a [Tap] activated ability go infinite.
For pretty much any of the comboes with Axebane which require three mana, Gilded Lotus could be switched in.  You already captured that in Combo #2 though (which just got Mambo #5 stuck in my head Yell)
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
many combos rely on the mana source being a creature
Thats why I said pretty much.  Even so, you can shuffle many of those around to use Captain of the Mists to target the Lotus instead.

Not saying it would be cleaner, just possible.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Quite true - many of the combos rely on either AxeBane Guardian or the Gilded Lotus. 

Plus I'm seeing a lot of crossover between different combos now & have updated several.

I've put together another infinite combo using Dual Casting as the center-piece.  My initial thought was to use it with Blistercoil Weird, but that was no good as the copies are not 'cast'.  As people like to say on here a lot, this combo is a bit more convoluted...but it also has the most potential.  With this combo, you can infintely copy any instant or sorcery, and infinitely use any creature abilities.  So, here we go...

Infinite Everything (times 2):
Village Bell-Ringer
Dual Casting
Illusionist's Bracers
Cackling Counterpart
Battle Hymn

With Village Bell-Ringer in play with Dual Casting & Illusionist's Bracers on any creature, cast Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart targeting Village Bell-Ringer.  With Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart on the stack, use Dual Casting to copy either one.  Illusionist's Bracers copies the effect - change target to the other.  Keep target of Cackling Counterpart as Village Bell-Ringer.  You will now have copies of Battle Hymn & Cackling Counterpart on the stack, which you can allow to resolve.  A Village Bell-Ringer token will come into play which will untap all of your creatures & Battle Hymn will give you the mana needed to use Dual Casting again.  Repeat.

As it stands right now, the combo will give you infinite creatures and infinite mana.  Add in any of the creatures from the "Infinite Everything" combo to add infinite damage, life, mill, etc.  Add another Dual Casting or Illusionist's Bracers with any other instant or sorcery on the stack to copy it as many times as you want.  Enjoy.

Here's a more "up to date" combo.

Have both on battlefield, then 
[deck]
1 Shock
[/deck]
for 2 damage. Chain reaction!
Here's a more "up to date" combo.

Have both on battlefield, then 
[deck]
1 Shock
[/deck]
for 2 damage. Chain reaction!

This will be a short lived combo.  Good for a couple of months until Innistrad block rotates out.

I was planning to revisit this topic when Dragon's Maze was released, but it didn't really provide anything good for infinite combos.  I did find another way to get infinite mana using Zhur-Taa Ancient or Verdant Haven.  And Beck // Call can be added to existing combos to draw your entire library. 

Now that M14 is closely upon us, I will have to check to see if it has any good combo pieces.
Well it's not quite infinite, but there's Archangel of Thune + Zameck Guildmage + Trading Post.  Discard a card to get life and counters, remove a counter to get a new card, repeat as often as you can tap a Trading Post and Guildmage mana.
Infinite Mill:

Any infinite creature ETB
1 x Trait Doctoring
1 x Sage's Row Denizen (Infinite Mill)

Just change the Denizen's color trigger with Trait Doctoring to the color of the creature infinitely entering the battlefield.

The Zombie route is all in Black/Blue:

1 x Zombie sac outlet (Sacrifices Gravecrawler)
1 x Gravecrawler (Infinite ETB creature)
1 x Rooftop Storm (Makes Gravecrawler cost nothing)
1 x Trait Doctoring (Changes Sage's Row Denizen's color trigger to Black)
1 x Sage's Row Denizen (Infinite Mill piece)
1 x Undead Alchemist (Lots of Zombie tokens - Becomes Infinite if your opponent has a creature like Worldspine Wurm in their library and you can keep milling it over and over)
Decembra,  that's a nice find (and it keeps to INN/RTR blocks).  I will update my list with this combo.
@dknowle: Thanks! One minor oops though, the Undead Alchemist exiles the anti-mill creatures so it won't go infinite.
@dknowle: Thanks! One minor oops though, the Undead Alchemist exiles the anti-mill creatures so it won't go infinite.

Well, I think you could still argue that it is infinite.  The only thing stopping it from being infinite is that your opponent runs out of creatures in their library.  An infinite loss of life combo stops when your opponent runs out of life...not much different.

Added your combo to the Zombie combo that was already listed.

Also added another infinite mana combo.  Very similar to some of the others, but if you were looking for an infinite mana combo in standard, you could likely combine several of the combos into a single deck.

Combo#5:
1X Captain of the Mists
1X Illusionist's Bracers
Any combination of 2X Verdant Haven or Zhur-Taa Ancient

Tap land juiced by any combination of 2X Verdant Haven or Zhur-Taa Ancient for 3 mana.  Use Captain of the Mists equipped with Illusionist's Bracers to untap land & Captain of the Mists.  Repeat
Infinite Combat Phases:

Combo#2:

Aurelia, the Warleader x 1
Stolen Identity x 1
Preferrably difficult to block creature x 1

After the first combat with Aurelia copy her with Stolen Identity, keeping the new Aurelia, then cipher it onto the other creature. Attack again and the new Aurelia gives you another combat phase, cipher triggers if your other creature deals combat damage, and you get yourself another new Aurelia. Repeat.

My explanation may be confusing. 
I get it. With M14 rules the 'new' Aurelia is attacking for the first time during the additional combat from the 'old' Aurelia
Sign In to post comments