Paladin boosting Leader capabilties as much as possible while still being a good defender

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
There is a set of bracers that allow you to use your wis/int/or cha for one attack.  Don't remember if it is per encounter or per day.
I kinda like the idea of the combination of Paladin with a Warlord so i made a build till level 11. a bulwark with healing abilitys and offering the striker a free basic attack if needed.

i only have trouble with Warlord Attack 5: Stand the Fallen cause it is the only Strength vs. AC attack and that has a very low hit chance (like the most other powers available on this level). any ideas for improvement ? - maybe a good retrain ?

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Brimstone, level 11 Tiefling, Paladin/Warlord, Hospitaler Hybrid Paladin
Option: Hybrid Paladin Fortitude Warlord Leadership
Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid) Hybrid Warlord
Option: Hybrid Warlord Fortitude Hybrid Talent 
Option: Paladin Armor Proficiency Merchant Prince (Merchant Prince Benefit)
Theme: Knight Hospitaler  

FINAL ABILITY SCORES STR 11, CON 16, DEX 9, INT 11, WIS 16, CHA 23  

STARTING ABILITY SCORES STR 10, CON 13, DEX 8, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 18    

AC: 28 Fort: 25 Ref: 21 Will: 26 HP: 79 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 19  

TRAINED SKILLS Diplomacy +16, Heal +13, Insight +15  

UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +0, Arcana +5, Athletics +1, Bluff +13, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +4, History +5, Intimidate +11, Nature +8, Perception +8, Religion +5, Stealth +2, Streetwise +11, Thievery +0  

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack 
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Knight Hospitaler Utility: Shield of Devotion
Paladin Feature: Divine Challenge
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Feat Utility: Paladin's Wrath
Paladin Attack 1: Enfeebling Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Vengeance is Mine
Paladin Attack 1: Majestic Halo
Paladin Utility 2: Call of Challenge
Paladin Attack 3: Righteous Smite
Warlord Attack 5: Stand the Fallen
Warlord Utility 6: Inspiring Reaction
Paladin Attack 7: Price of Cowardice
Warlord Attack 9: Warlord's Recovery
Diplomacy Utility 10: Noble Sacrifice
Hospitaler Attack 11: Warding Blow  

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Wrath of the Crimson Legion
Level 4: Devout Protector Expertise
Level 6: Imperious Majesty
Level 8: Superior Will
Level 10: Improved Defenses
Level 11: Combat Commander  

ITEMS Helm of Opportunity (heroic tier) x1 Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier) x1 Healer's Brooch +2 x1 Shield of Deflection Heavy Shield (heroic tier) x1 Vigilant Blade Longsword +2 x1 Benefactor Plate Armor +2 x1 Breaching Gauntlets (heroic tier) x1 Symbol of the Champion's Code +2 x1 Belt of Vim (heroic tier) x1 Boots of Eagerness x1 ====== End ======

Those bracers would be the bracers of mental might and work once per encounter. I think this build is trying to stretch itself out too thin though; a pure hospitaler wis/cha paladin with good LoH optimization will most likely be a lot better at defending and possibly healing, and what you get in return is access to warlord powers which you cannot even use well without jumping through a few hoops and lowering your damage or other capacities as a result. If you want to build this concept well, I'd suggest a different PP than hospitaler.

To give you an idea of how good pure hospitaler healing is at higher levels (epic tier-ish); my friend's hospitaler LoH heal for roughly 75 flat hp, by then on two different targets, and can be used 8 or more times per day, which is much more than what a normal inspiring word can do. Sure, you may never reach epic tier, but I think it's something to keep in mind on the off chance that you do.

you are right, taking a PP which improves a skill you don't use cause you are hybrid is meh. I will look over the possible PP candidates =)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

Sign In to post comments