Aspiring Artist for MTG - "Nim"

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aw, dawg - this is sick man! I ain't never been a professional critic nor has this fellow writin' taken an art class outside o' that high school he attended, but my eyes don't lie, sucka. They are pleased with the sight of your work, brotha. I can tell you that the textures and prespective be bustin' out like a jailbreak, son. Them colors tearin' it up as well! I often be pickin' my cardboard for the arts, and this is one that I'd love to see sittin' in my hand ready to be all up on opponents! Nice job, Mon! 
Aw, dawg - this is sick man! I ain't never been a professional critic nor has this fellow writin' taken an art class outside o' that high school he attended, but my eyes don't lie, sucka. They are pleased with the sight of your work, brotha. I can tell you that the textures and prespective be bustin' out like a jailbreak, son. Them colors tearin' it up as well! I often be pickin' my cardboard for the arts, and this is one that I'd love to see sittin' in my hand ready to be all up on opponents! Nice job, Mon! 

Hi there Nephrolith, 

Thanks for the appreciation. Its really nice to hear people from this community giving thoughts and sharing their ideas for my artworks. As an aspiring artist I also really am excited to see this character be brought to life in the game play. (Just dreaming ) Im a latebloomer artist and I still hope that someday Ill become one of them (MTG Artists/Illustrators). Anyways THanks again Nep for dropping by.  

Cheers
-mon-
No problem, dawg. I just be wishin' that the art forum was as active as the other forums takin' space on this Board, y'know? Shame y'all don't get the recognition you deserve. You got some maybe DeviantArt link or somethin'? Profilin' there you bounda get more comments than here. . . I'm thinkin'.
That's a pretty nice piece, mon. I'm not a real judge of art either, but it looks awesome to me.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

As well as being very well drawn technically, I think it has a slight emotional feel to it. I'm not sure what emotion it gives, but I think the fact it's there at all is a very good sign artistically
No problem, dawg. I just be wishin' that the art forum was as active as the other forums takin' space on this Board, y'know? Shame y'all don't get the recognition you deserve. You got some maybe DeviantArt link or somethin'? Profilin' there you bounda get more comments than here. . . I'm thinkin'.

Thanks for those words Nep, yah I agree and hope that the art section might somehow get even more attention. Yah I have deviant account also but lately I found this page I was thinking to try this out (and since its really owned by Wizards). ^^
That's a pretty nice piece, mon. I'm not a real judge of art either, but it looks awesome to me.

Hello there Zam, 

Thanks for the appreciation and Im happy that you like it.

-mon- 
Badass. I love the lighting and perspective. I would love to see that on a card.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
Badass. I love the lighting and perspective. I would love to see that on a card.

Thank you Void for that interesting feedback.  ^_^; 

-mon- 
Good texture, good interplay of light and shadow, good depth, dutch angle to increase unease.
There is nothing I don't like about this. 
Good texture, good interplay of light and shadow, good depth, dutch angle to increase unease.
There is nothing I don't like about this. 

Hi Thoctar, thanks for the feedback and the like.

-mon- 
I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I can find something to critique here. It's a very strong piece, and that's coming from someone with an art history degree.

...Have I already mentioned the Expanded Multiverse to you? >_> <_< >_>
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
The only thing I'm worried about with this piece is its clarity at scale.  Shrink the image down to a 2" square and see if you can still tell what's going on.  If you can then you, sir, have pretty much struck gold.

EDIT: Briefly playing with it in MS paint, it still looks good at forum avatar size.  Wow.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I can find something to critique here. It's a very strong piece, and that's coming from someone with an art history degree.

...Have I already mentioned the Expanded Multiverse to you? >_> <_< >_>

HI there Keeper, ^^

Its nice to hear from you again, Im happy that you somehow appreciate this artpiece I have (as you are always doing I wasnt able to post my artworks for the past months and yah you already gave me that link to the MTG : Expanded Multiverse in my previous post here "Winter Knight". And Im really thankful for sharing those kind of stories and ideas behind the multiverse. It gives me inspirations to put those characters and environments into illustration. I hope soon I can post something out of those stories.) Thanks again.

Cheers
-mon-
The only thing I'm worried about with this piece is its clarity at scale.  Shrink the image down to a 2" square and see if you can still tell what's going on.  If you can then you, sir, have pretty much struck gold.

EDIT: Briefly playing with it in MS paint, it still looks good at forum avatar size.  Wow.

Hi there Tevz, thank you for dropping by in this thread, I tried putting it in a MTG card in small scale and for me it still reads hahah maybe its just me. But anyways thanks for that idea. )

-mon- 
Yeah, I just zoomed the page waaaay out in Chrome and it still reads very well, even at a small size.

Incidentally, I really enjoy your use of color. Even for something like this, it's quite vibrant. Overuse of desaturation and monochromatic schemes is something I see as a weakness of people starting out in fantasy art, and you seem to have dodged that nicely. Not to mention that your colors go quite well together.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Yeah, I just zoomed the page waaaay out in Chrome and it still reads very well, even at a small size.

Ditto.
I want this on a proxy zombie token or something <_< >_> 

Incidentally, I really enjoy your use of color. Even for something like this, it's quite vibrant. Overuse of desaturation and monochromatic schemes is something I see as a weakness of people starting out in fantasy art, and you seem to have dodged that nicely. Not to mention that your colors go quite well together.

Thanks keeper. ^^

I honestly wasnt able to afford proper studies in arts but somehow Im happy that you like the way I spash all my colors. Since there are a lot of art resources and tutorials in the internet that I can pick up nowadays I just exploited it and somehow its helps me develop my skills in the long run. And I agree, using dodge tool is for me a really dangerous tool and you should be really careful in using it. ^^. 

-mon- 

Ditto.
I want this on a proxy zombie token or something <_< >_> 

haha.. a nim token. ^^
I love this to the point of wanting it as a forum avatar, despite the fact that I haven't changed my avatar for half a decade. A very well done piece.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!