Identify D&D mini...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have some D&D minis of a little blue goblin-like creature.  On the bottom, they are simply titled "Blue".  They look a little like pint-sized blue orcs or something, carrying staffs.  I can't find them in the monster builder.  Anybody know any lore about them? I wanted to build one in the monster builder... what other creature would be a good one to modify?
Blues are a psionic variant of a goblin from the 3.5 edition Expanded Psionics Handbook.

All around helpful simian

So... In the 4e monster builder, think maybe start with some kind of goblin controller?  Then reflavor from there?
Indeed.  Goblin Hex Hurler from the Monster Vault is a good candidate, I think.

All around helpful simian

Reflavoring is so cool. It lets you use not only all your old D&D minis, but others from other games!
So many PCs, so little time...
You got that right, buddy. One of my favorite things to do on DDI is customizing monsters. I really hope the next edition retains this capability.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

src="http://www.wizards.com/dnd/monster/images/banners/13.jpg"/>
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

I'm with you on that. I use minis from everywhere... D&D, Reaper, old Ral Partha, Grenadier and others. I have repainted and rebased and repurposed Heroclix and others. I needed kraken tentacles for an Encounters season ( Lost Crown of Neverwinter), so I bought some cheap plastic dinosaurs at the Dollar Store, snipped off their tails and glued them to washers, repainted and the scale was perfect... Epic! My players still want to have a rematch with the beast...
I'm with you on that. I use minis from everywhere... D&D, Reaper, old Ral Partha, Grenadier and others. I have repainted and rebased and repurposed Heroclix and others. I needed kraken tentacles for an Encounters season ( Lost Crown of Neverwinter), so I bought some cheap plastic dinosaurs at the Dollar Store, snipped off their tails and glued them to washers, repainted and the scale was perfect... Epic! My players still want to have a rematch with the beast...

If you have access to any of the past Lair Assaults (specifically the Talon of Umberlee), there were some tentacle counters. I gotta say, though, I admire your creativity, sir! I used to be resistant to the idea of battle mats and minis, but, that has changed since 4th edition! Now, it has become a bit of an obsession. I scour eBay for deals and I even spend ridiculous amounts of dough on "just-the-right-ones." Hell ain't a bad place to be, as the band says.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

src="http://www.wizards.com/dnd/monster/images/banners/13.jpg"/>
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

Sign In to post comments