Barbarian Powers

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm going to be playing a Barbarian in my next campaign, but the wording of the requirements of some at-will powers was a bit confusing to me. The requirement is: "You must be wielding a melee weapon in two hands." Does this mean using a two-handed weapon or two one-handed weapons? 
The wording means using both hands to hold the same weapon.  This might be a two-handed weapon such as a greatsword or a versatile weapon, such as a longsword, held in both hands.
I'm going to be playing a Barbarian in my next campaign, but the wording of the requirements of some at-will powers was a bit confusing to me. The requirement is: "You must be wielding a melee weapon in two hands." Does this mean using a two-handed weapon or two one-handed weapons? 

A single weapon in two-hands. It would say two weapons if it required two weapons. Like Twin Strike. It says you must be wielding two melee weapons or a ranged weapon.

Those barbarian powers used to have their prerequisite listed as "You must be wielding a two-handed weapon", which basically screwed any Small barbarian out of taking them. Small characters can't use two-handed weapons. So they changed the wording to "...a weapon wielded in two hands", which allows a Small character (who must wield a versatile weapon in two hands) to meet the prereqs for the powers.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...