Battlefield medic +geist

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
frontline medic+geist of saint traft

would the angel token trigger battalion?

i think not but wanted to double check
frontline medic+geist of saint traft

would the angel token trigger battalion?

i think not but wanted to double check

Nope. Battalion cares about you declaring three creatures as attackers. Other creatures entering in the battlefield already attacking after you declare attackers don't count.

[<o>]
there is a distinct difference between attacking and attacked or attacks
the Angel is attacking, but it never attacked
proud member of the 2011 community team
If you attack with the medic, geist, and another creature, is the angel token indestructible?
Cannot be relied upon^
Yes.

611.2c If a continuous effect generated by the resolution of a spell or ability modifies the characteristics or changes the controller of any objects, the set of objects it affects is determined when that continuous effect begins. After that point, the set won’t change. (Note that this works diff erently than a continuous effect from a static ability.) A continuous effect generated by the resolution of a spell or ability that doesn’t modify the characteristics or change the controller of any objects modifies the rules of the game, so it can affect objects that weren’t affected when that continuous effect began.

@Below: My bad. Thanks for the clarification. I'd also like to add this rule:

109.3. An object’s characteristics are name, mana cost, color, color indicator, card type, subtype, supertype, expansion symbol, rules text, abilities, power, toughness, loyalty, hand modifier, and life modifier. Objects can have some or all of these characteristics. Any other information about an object isn’t a characteristic. For example, characteristics don’t include whether a permanent is tapped, a spell’s target, an object’s owner or controller, what an Aura enchants, and so on.

"Being indestructible" is not any of the listed things, so it is not a characteristic. Compare the wording on Frontline Medic "[these creatures] are indestructible" to something that would grant an ability, such as "[these creatures] gain flying."
Which is only a useful quote when coupled with "700.4a ...actually being indestructible is neither an ability nor a characteristic" because, without knowing that little not-exactly-common-knowledge rules intricacy one would not intuitively know whether the first sentence of 611.2c or the second one was the one that applies.