The Assassin

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a level 16 assassin, and I took the Shadow Blade Paragon Path.  This gives me a shadow blade.  My question is, can I enchant the shadow blade as if it were any normal light blade?  Also the twilight Assassin power creates a duplicate that I can flank with and some other things, the DM and I are unsure if you can attack this duplicate, and if you can what it's Defences and HP are.  We assume you can't as that info isn't given but I thought I'd ask to make sure.  Thanks all.
I have a level 16 assassin, and I took the Shadow Blade Paragon Path.  This gives me a shadow blade.  My question is, can I enchant the shadow blade as if it were any normal light blade? 

No, because powers end at End Of Encounter/5 Minutes, and Enchant Magic Item takes an hour.  Nor would you want to, because it vanishes as soon as you're not touching it.

It seems obvious that you're INTENDED to be summoning/creating the same shadowblade every time, and able to enchant it.  However, you aren't, and you can't.  So it's pretty useless, unless your DM houserules a change to the path.  Most old Dragon material is like this, by the way.

Also the twilight Assassin power creates a duplicate that I can flank with and some other things, the DM and I are unsure if you can attack this duplicate, and if you can what it's Defences and HP are.  We assume you can't as that info isn't given but I thought I'd ask to make sure.  Thanks all.

It's a Conjuration.  It can't be attacked.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />
Also the twilight Assassin power creates a duplicate that I can flank with and some other things, the DM and I are unsure if you can attack this duplicate, and if you can what it's Defences and HP are.  We assume you can't as that info isn't given but I thought I'd ask to make sure.  Thanks all.

It's a Conjuration.  It can't be attacked.

While Conjurations typically can't be attacked, unless otherwise specified (see Shaman's Spirit Companion), they potentially be destroyed by attacks that specifically target conjurations or zones, such as the Eldritch Giant's "Consume Magic" power.
I guess you can make the shadow blade more useful via a Ki Focus?
I guess you can make the shadow blade more useful via a Ki Focus?

You could!
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Ok the application of the Ki Focus Brings up another question. I applied a +3 Ki Focus as well as a +4 weapon.  Now on the power cards it shows the Ki Focus as well as the Weapon's stats to the power. The weapon is obviously the higher of the numbers as its +4 while the implement is +3.  Shouldn't the weapon's stats only apply to powers that have the *weapon* keyword and the Ki Focus only with with powers that have the *implement* key word?  Or can you use a weapon on any power?  If thats the case why even bother with implements?  Thanks.
Assassin > Implement Proficiencies > Ki Focuses, Weapons with which you have proficiency.

Assassins specifically can use any weapon they are proficient in as an Implement. Doesn't apply to most classes.
So if I had a druid, with a +4 weapon and a +3 implement and the power didn't have the weapon keyword, the +4 weapon doesn't apply to the power?  I ask cause in my trying to understand i made a druid and gave him an +4 weapon and a +3 implement and the weapon was still applied to every power along with the implement.
Does the power say "Weapon" in its keywords? If so, it applies the weapon's enhancement modifier. If it does not have "Weapon" and instead has "Implement", it applies the implement's enhancement.

Only Assassins and Monks have the ability to use a weapon they are proficient with as an implement.
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.
The power simply says implement.  I assumed that means weapons can't effect the power, it has to be an implement.  The character builder seems to say other wise.  See below.

That seems to be a character builder bug, unless you have a multiclass feat or something that grants you daggers as an implement.
has to be a bug it did the same thing with a scyth and sickle
Are you multiclassed Assassin?
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.
no that screen shot is from a plain ol lvl 16 druid.  I built it last night in order to try and figure out the assassin ki focus implemement thing.
You've got something then that you're not telling us, as I'm looking at a Wizard I made last night and he has both a magic Dagger and the Demonomicon tome and it only shows the tome on his powers. And why would you build a druid to test out the Assassin? Post the summary of the entire character so we can see it.
never mind what i built, they both used implents and druid was close to assassin on the list. i just wanna know how the implements work, to see if the druid's implement powers were effected by weapons and implements like the assassins seemed to be.  Here is the full druid character sheet below.  If I have something that is letting me use weapons as implements great, I'm guessing it's a bug as I'm using an older version of the character builder.

YOU DID MC ASSASSIN! Ruthless Killer is an Assassin multiclass feat! That's why it's showing up you dolt! If you didn't have that feat the weapons wouldn't show up!

Edit: See below
lmao /facepalm
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Ruthless Killer appears to be a Druid power?
Either we have been trolled or... I don't even know... I'm just going to sit over in the corner and await Zil's response...

Edit: Seems I mistook Ruthless Killer for Practiced Killer... He kept asking about Assassins while being a druid and I saw the Killer part and I remembered the MC feat.  Regardless, the fact that he is using the OCB is the reason he's getting problems. It's unsupported and full of errors.
Bug, check sorry for the confusion.
Going back to the issue with the shadowblade, the weapon and paragon path, it was intended with the Assassin using a ki-focus. Since when you have a ki-focus it applies its benefits to any weapon you wield and even when you have multiple weapons it can apply to every single one. I know it is not the same as enchanting the shadowblade but from what I can tell looking at it that was the intended goal. Simple put it was to give an assassin weapon at all times regardless of situation. Combine with a ki-focus, which is generally a harmless looking trinket and easily overlooked, your assassin can easily walk pass guards or even attack someone from hiding with a weapon that vanishes leaving no trace behind.
Added bonus is since it is made from shadow you can decide what the thing looks like, so it can look like a simple rapier to the buster sword.
No problem for the whole thing with the Druid though kind of throw some of us off when it started as questions about the Assassin.
Behold the DM has entered.
Regardless, the fact that he is using the OCB is the reason he's getting problems. It's unsupported and full of errors.

Yup.  All weapons showing valid for all powers is a known issue in the final officially-released version of the offline builder.

There's fan patches to fix that, but they're not official.