[Contest] - Make me into a card!

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok drawing some inspiration from What would you be if you were a legend. See for yourself by making a request.
So heres the contest!

Rules:

1. Make a Legend or a Planeswalker of me
2. Don't insult the person you are creating
3. Be creative and have fun!

Prizes:

The winner of each round will take over this thread!
People will then make a card of the winner. 
He or she may or may not change the rules.

48 hours till grading!
Gd luck!

Cheers         

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Flame Reaper|

Legendary Creature-Demon [MR]

Flying
Haste
Trample
Devour X, where X is the number of creatures devoured this way (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it for each of those creatures.)

Whenever an opponent loses life, put X +1/+1 counters on Flame Reaper, where X is the amount of life lost. (Damage causes loss of life)

-8/-8

Yes, the printed P/T is -8/-8.
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
Ok, this could be fun!

The Flame Reaper
Legendary Creature- Dragon Avatar
Flying, vigilance, haste
(): ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
When ~ dies, search your library for any number of dragon cards, reveal them, then shuffle your library and put them on top in any order.
You rang?
4/4
Brother Flamereaper

Legendary Creature – Human Cleric
1/3

: Counter target red spell unless its controller pays .

"No longer will our sect tolerate an uninvited flame."

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Flamereaper, Planeswalker

Planeswalker -- Flamereaper

[+1] Deal 1 damage to target creature that has been dealt damage this turn.
[-3] ~ Deals 5 damage to target creature or player
[-6] Deal X damage to each opponent and each creature he or she controls, where X is the number of creatures on the battlefield.

[2] 

Tried making a good 2 mana red PW. Hope I succeeded 
Flame Reaper    1W
"Hi. I'm Flame Reaper. How's it going?"
2/2
Kairren, the Flame Reaper
Legendary Creature - Dragon M
Flying, trample
When Kairren, the Flame Reaper enters the battlefield, gain control of all creatures your opponents control until end of turn.  They gain haste until end of turn and must attack their owners this turn if able.
"I am my own crushing master stroke."
5/4
Flame Reaper creature elemental legend
Put a +1/+1 chip on this
  for each point of non-combat damage
  it or you would take.
1/1

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Flamereaper, Goblin Master       
Planeswalker - Flamereaper

[+1] - Put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield.
[-2] - Target creature gains Haste until end of turn.
[-10] - Sacrifce any number of Goblins:  Deal damage divided any way you choose among any number of Creatures, Players and/or Planeswalkers equal to the total combined power of the sacrificed Goblins.

[3]
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
I thought nobody was going to participate but i was wrong!
Thanx for the support! 

Flame Reaper    1W
2/2

This is a joke right?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

Thanx for the support! 

Flame Reaper    1W
2/2

This is a joke right?

I like Flamereaper the bear. Bears are essential in every set. He's calling you an essential, man.
Thanx for the support! 

Flame Reaper    1W
2/2

This is a joke right?

I like Flamereaper the bear. Bears are essential in every set. He's calling you an essential, man.

Oh ok, i guess thanx!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

The Flame Reaper
Legendary Creature - Human Scholar
Protection from Red
: target creature gets +3/+3 haste and trample until the end of the turn.
"his research and dedication benefit the entire team as we harvest the flames of wrath".
1/3
Don't be too smart to have fun
Reaper of that Brightshiny Flame
Legendary Creature - Phoenix Human 
If you have Nine or more mana in your mana pool, you may cast Reaper of that Brightshiny Flame from your graveyard.

"Mana burns like anything else - only hotter."

3/3
Flame Reaper, the Mysterious Pyromancer
Legendary Creature - Goblin Wizard
~ is not a goblin.
: ~ deals damage equal to the damage dealt so far this turn, to target creature or player that has been dealt damage this turn.
: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player that hasn't been dealt damage this turn. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
3/5

Actually (in my opinion) a cool concept, but some humor thrown in because you seem like such a fun person Flame. (The goblin is not a goblin joke is because I always think of people as whatever their avatars are, but you aren't a goblin. I think.)
Thanx for the support! 

Flame Reaper    1W
2/2

This is a joke right?

But... it's you. You're not some horrible red/black demon! You're a nice, sensitive, loving person, and that's why I should be the winner.
Bump for grades

Bump for grades

yeah --- for reals on the grades
Yes...grades pleaseLaughing.  We love, and do not hate, you!
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
1. Forget about the thread which i ask everone about me being hated, lets start a new!
2. Sorry i didnt grade the contest as i have like 9 projects to complete.
3. Results will be in soon! 

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Sorry for the delay, when i tried to post the results, the whole com crashed and i had to regrade the whole thing.

So here are the results:

Habreno: (7/10)

Show
I like your reference to Thromok the Insatiable. The putting counters on him when opponents lose life is very powerful and the negative P/T evens the powerfulness.

Ulcaster: (8/10)

Show
This represents a RW dragon perfectly. The tutoring of other dragons is a very unique idea no doubt!

chinkeeyong: (6.5/10)

Show
Your idea is very unique as the card is the only one which opposes red. This would be very gd against red decks and the name is very saint-like.

an_endless_epidemic: (9.5/10)

Show
This is a excellent idea for a 2 CMC planeswalker. The abilities are very well chosen and the ultimate is awesome! Great Work!

SuperSpawnWrithe: (6/10)

Show
Although youre trying to say im an essential, i wanted a more legendary like creature. However, hilarious flavor text!

Koridian: (8.5/10)

Show
I see youre taking reference from Game 20 questions. However, u have edited it quite nicely and the flavor text is very funny. And that name sounds very familiar...

Matt_Holck: (7.5/10)

Show
See, u did it again! U can make gd cards and this is very nice against decks which uses instants and sorcerys to lower your health. Gd job!

POSValkir1: (6.5/10)

Show
The first ability is very nice but the last 2 are very under powered. Overall, i still like this card and the name is very unique no doubt.

morticianjohn: (7/10)

Show
The only card which has green in it... and the one which is the most unique! The ability is very nice and the flavor text is very unique as well.

Nephrolith: (8/10)

Show
I still love that name! I love tha ability u gave him , enablinh him to come back from the grave and the flavor text is very nice. Gd job!

dtolle: (9/10) 

Show
I love this card very much! The ability is very well designed and the '~ is not a Goblin' prevents it from being killed by Goblin Slayer! Awesome work!

Cyranium: (6.5/10)

Show
The abilities are very well developed. Me being Rakdos' bodygaurd is a weird but also fun idea!

And the winner is...

an_endless_epidemic!

Thanx for the entries!

Cheers!  

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

An Endless Epidemic
Legendary Creature - Human
Intimidate
Whenever an endless epidemic leaves play you may search your library for a card named an endless epidemic, reveal it and put it into your hand then shuffle your graveyard into your library.  
"It's a good thing we like him being around because we couldn't get rid of him even if we wanted to" 
2/1
Don't be too smart to have fun
POSValkir1: (6.5/10)

Show
The first ability is very nice but the last 2 are very under powered. Overall, i still like this card and the name is very unique no doubt.

It was hard to judge.  In a goblin deck, the ultimate = gg, so I didn't want it too easy to reach.  In a non-goblin deck the ultimate is way under-powered. 

Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Endless Epidemic

Enchantment-Aura
Enchanted creature gets -1/-1.
Whenever enchanted creature blocks or is blocked by another creature, for each creature blocking or blocked by it, put a token into play that is a copy of Endless Epidemic into play attached to that creature.
Enchanted creature has ", : Put a token into play that is a copy of Endless Epidemic attached to target creature."
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Sweet, I won =D Thanks for hosting the contest! 

So, for people who still are interested in keeping it going, This will close in 48 hours, all rules still apply. I look forward to your submissions. 
Endless Epidemic|

Sorcery [MR]

You gain 10 life.
Each opponent loses 10 life.

Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)

Those who wish to fight the Orzhov must learn that the Orzhov know how to take your life.
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
Lowest rated?!  Has there been a mix up? I thought I had this one in the bag...
Khrin, the Endless Epidemic
Legendary Creature - Horror Avatar
Infect
Khrin, the Endless Epidemic is indestructible, cannot be sacrificed, and cannot have counters placed on it.
Whenever Khrin, the Endless Epidemic enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals one damage to each player and each other creature.
Phyrexia, eternal.
4/4

...yeah... i feel like i don't know an_endless_epidemic at all in terms of personality // how to represent in a card... in knew theFlameReaper was a fan of 'My Crushing Mastrstroke', but have nothing for you...
so, design = card the name
(shrug)
Lowest rated?!  Has there been a mix up? I thought I had this one in the bag...

Im sorry but it didnt feel Legendary.  Plus we kinda already have a bear..

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

The Endless Epidemic
Planeswalker- Epidemic
 0: Proliferate.
-1: Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature.
-12: Search your graveyard, hand, and/or library for any number of permanents and put them onto the battlefield. If you search your library this way, shuffle it.
(4)

Are we supposed to only create legendary creatures?
Edit: Gotcha. That should do it.
Legendary or planeswalker, Ulcaster

That being said, this'll close in about 13 hours, when I get home from cube drafting. Edits and entries can be made between now and then. 
Legendary or planeswalker, Ulcaster

That being said, this'll close in about 13 hours, when I get home from cube drafting. Edits and entries can be made between now and then. 

Such a shame, I felt an Epic spell would be cool too. It kinda *is* Legendary in its own way.

I'll keep it, because it is "Legendary" due to the Epic ability.
56544366 wrote:
Decided to enter just for the fun of it

An Endless Epidemic

Legendary Creature - Spirit (M)

Flying
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put a token which is a copy of it onto the battlefield.

"No! Not yet! It's still not the end! Wait for it... Wait for it... Ugh! Be patient already!" 

1/1

Cheers!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

This is closed, and I will grade it when real life stops happening. Keep a look out

for grades!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

This is closed, and I will grade it when real life stops happening.

Sooo... we have to wait til he dies for grades?  
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?

Has real life stopped happening yet? 
Show
144902215 wrote:
Reaper of the Flame
Creature- Elemental Shaman
Whenever you cast a red instant or sorcery, deal 3 damage to target creature.
Whenever another player casts a red instant or sorcery spell, deal 3 damage to that player.

2/3
"He doesn't steal the fire, he just helps it find it's mark. 

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
maybe if we bump it again
He posts on other things, maybe he forgot and you should PM him.
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Yeah, I was waiting to see this show up on front page again because typically I don't dig through pages to find threads.

Either way, I'll have your grades. Give me some time

By the time I go to bed, they'll be up