If you manage to generate all 18's on your ability scores, which single class might,

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
01) ……benefit the most, core-only?
02) ……be the most versatile one, core-only? (though I suspect this to be the so-called Tier 1 classes)

EX) ……as with the above questions, with any D&D 3.5E splatbooks & multiclassing & etc. available?
All dragonborn psions, unite!
1)A)Probably the monk or paladin, but they'd both still suck so much it doesn't really matter
1)B)I dunno. If you want good class, probably Swordsage, Warblade, or Factotum, or maybe PsyWar. If not, probably Monk, but, hey, it still sucks so it doesn't matter.
2)A)Wizard. Just, Wizard.
2)B)Wizard, Archivist, Artificer, or, if you can use that very questionable reading, StP Erudite. But those are just the best classes anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth

Cleric would make pretty good use of those stats. Strength for stabbing, constitution because it's good for everyone, wisdom for spellcasting, and charisma for turning.

Cleric would make pretty good use of those stats. Strength for stabbing, constitution because it's good for everyone, wisdom for spellcasting, and charisma for turning.

Except a cleric can jack those stats so high, it doesn't really matter anyways. They don't gain as much as a MAD class. They're still way better, just don't gain as much.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
I'd rank the paladin as having the most benefit of core-only classes, followed by the ranger (who has a marginal use for Charisma), then the monk (who has no particular use for it).

Rogue gets an honourable mention for relying on skills that cover the full spectrum of ability scores.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Paladin (See the "A"-Game Paladin for mostly why), and Swordsage for sure get amazing use out of those stats.  Spirit Shaman might actually be pretty playable with those stats, if you wanted to... might be neat.
human rogue... OOHHHH the skills!

Multi-classing and all? Wizard/Priest and then I'd get hierophant and eventually divine champion/divine disciple levels and max those out, one at a time. If I have any levels left before reaching epic level? Maybe spellsword or arcane knight...
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
hmm ... all 18s eh?
PAO can wipe out this advantage, so lets assume you're not going there.

Unusual race with imbalanced stats, is no longer a BSF.
Super MAD builds that have never been considered, become viable.

Heck even a Divine Mind gets a little juicy with this (but just a little).

I'd bet a very weird Archer and Frontliner combo could work,
and still have a full go at UMD.

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

Sign In to post comments