Which upcoming set you anticipate more?

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dragon's Maze or Modern Masters?

"Just put +1/+1 counters!" -Wizards new motto

None, Iam already ready for a new block.
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]
None, Iam already ready for a new block.

Agreed. It's time for prices of some of this Innistrad block stuff to come down.
lol, I think theres like 2 cards I want out of isd, onlything iw ant from this rtr is the lands.

I want to see what chaff wotc is designing for limited this time, or what block they are going to return to again.

Lets compleat the cycle and go back to kamagawa.

Iam betting its going to be an artifact based multicolor set.

Also lets take some bets on what this is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_Vault:_Tw...

Decks I play
Show
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]
Well, we know it's going to be one card from a tournament winning deck for each year of MTG. Part of the 20th aniversary of Magic.
Well, we know it's going to be one card from a tournament winning deck for each year of MTG. Part of the 20th aniversary of Magic.

??? When did From The Vault get mentioned. This is Dragon's Maze VS Modern Masters

For which Dragon's Maze is obviously cooler because new cards. New IZZET cards. Including a Ral Zarek card!
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)

Just answering a question...

As far as Dragon's Maze vs. Modern Masters, it's easier to get excited about Maze, cause we don't know much about Modern Masters, outside of Goyf being reprinted. At least we know we'll get more guild cards with Maze.

As far as Dragon's Maze vs. Modern Masters, it's easier to get excited about Maze, cause we don't know much about Modern Masters, outside of Goyf being reprinted. At least we know we'll get more guild cards with Maze.

I'm excited about all of them but will the Dragon's Maze, Modern Masters, and From the Vault: Twenty will I be able to get them from target,walmart at all because there isnt a LGS close to my house at all there like 10 to 15 miles from me. Also will it be worth pre ording thes sets at all or wait till they come out. Also are all these going to be a limited run and are these going to be hard to get or cost alot.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Dragon's Maze, yes. Twenty, no. Modern Masters, not sure yet. If that's been announced about it, I missed it.

I'm excited about all of them but will the Dragon's Maze, Modern Masters, and From the Vault: Twenty will I be able to get them from target,walmart at all because there isnt a LGS close to my house at all there like 10 to 15 miles from me. Also will it be worth pre ording thes sets at all or wait till they come out. Also are all these going to be a limited run and are these going to be hard to get or cost alot.

Don't you get tired of asking the same questions over and over again?

IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Screw all of those things, bring on M14.

Me, too. I find myself making decks with mostly mono-colored, and mostly from ISD. I get the $400 mana base thing, but I am also getting the "I don't have $400 for the $400 mana base" thing.

Please check out my Blog:

Magic the Gathering Adventures Blog

http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/

Please check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiera22/featured

How on earth is 10-15 miles anything approaching a barrier? Get a bike.

Not everyone lives where the mass transit is decent, but aside from my commute I make being car-free work cia cycling. Sure, you're looking at a 2 hour round trip if things are hilly enough, but... so? Start putting in 50+ miles a month and you'll be fine.

That being said, MM by far. I've avoided a case order for Gatecrash and will do the same on the offchance that I'll be able to track down a case of MM. Granted, I've got my playset of a fair number of the desperately needed staples that will be printed (when the hell did cashseize become harder to obtain than bob?) but some friendly 'they're all my cards but let's have fun, I'll provide the sleeves and I'll cut you if you don't use them' drafts are in order.

Also, if the big box stores get any 20 or even much in the way of MM I'll be a tad disapointed. Maybe it's my hatred of big box stores and maybe it's my bias towards small businesses, but products designed for the 'we're well past being Aquired' loyalists should be distributed in a manner that goes straight up those card shops nose and on to us. Walmart dorsn't do anything for the community and dorsn't have to worry about making the rent.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
I could of sworn the MM announcement said its only in the card stores and not in big box stores.  Kind of like FTV.  Maybe I just imagined that since people keep asking?

Right now I am probably looking forward to modern masters as I am really curious to see what cards are going to be in there and how the drafting of it will look.  Plus those are stable card values so you can get an idea of what they will be and worth.  I feel like I have more at stake on that as I am wondering if card x, y, or z is going to make it in.  What of the cards I think will or should be in will make it.  What is it that will surprise me of being in, or not being in.  Plus gives me a chance to open up cards I didn't get a chance to open up when I was taking a break from buying and opening packs.

I get the feeling that the MM is going to be akin to the online cube but you get to keep the cards you draft and hopefully don't have horrible untrade-able prizes.
Modern Masters will not be available at big box retailers.  At all.

But to the OP, neither.  Modern Masters is all fine and good, but I'm managing my expectations until I actually get some in my hand.  When it comes to Dragon's Maze, I'm tired of Ravnica.  I felt the same way about Scars block by the time New Phyrexia rolled around.  Two blocks of the same setting is more than enough regardless of the time interval.  Bring on "Friends" block.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Dragon's Maze will probably be a lot of fun, but I liked RTR more than GTC, and I don't know what its going to be like mixing it all together.

Modern Masters will probably be a lot of fun, but I won't be able to get much of it if any.

And I don't care about FTV sets.

So my vote is for 'Friends'. Or the next batch of Commander decks.

I disagree, the core sets have become a joke in my opinion. As a Legacy player, M13 has only two cards in it; Thundermaw Hellkite and Sublime Archangel.

Who needs another pile of unplayable reprints? If you don't play Standard, then what is the point of a core set? To me, it's a 3 month dead zone of MtG.

Also, if they reprint the same lands in another core set, I'm going to barf everywhere.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Modern Masters all the way biatches!!!!  I can't wait to get at least a full box of it.  Let's hope that wizards is reading these forums and releases a little more product than the Commander's Arsenal travesty.
As a predominantly Modern/legacy/I don't care about format player, I'm looking forward to MM, and then the next block.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Even when I started tiring of Scars block, I loved the **** out of Phyrexia. GodDAMN what a good set.
I loved the new Ravnica block, but I'm ready for something, at least them-wise, that doesn't revolve around everything being crammed into a city. 90% of my deck-building has been focusing on guild-themed decks, and I think I'm ready to move on to new stuff.
Even when I started tiring of Scars block, I loved the **** out of Phyrexia. GodDAMN what a good set.

I'd say short of MaRo himself, Phyrexia is the greatest villain in Magic. Plus, they had three different entries on that list.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I really hate it when wotc has an oppinion on a set they made and released. Them saying after the fact that it was way to broken and blah blah blah.

They even said they play test sets over and over when making the set, and before they release it to make sure its not broken. Then they release it and a week later they go on a tantrum about blah blah and more blah.

Just design the set them release the set and stop bitching so we can play the game without them wasting time from making a set  cause there bitching about how they ****ed up.
Decks I play
Show
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
[//sblock]

I'd say short of MaRo himself, Phyrexia is the greatest villain in Magic. Plus, they had three different entries on that list.

Yeah, Phyrexia is the greatest villain in Magic, but there's not much competition.  Personally, I'm sick of them and Nicol Bolas, and the Eldrazi aren't interesting enough to take up the mantle.  I'd like a new set of villains, like an MTG version of the Legion of Doom.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Yeah, Phyrexia is the greatest villain in Magic, but there's not much competition.  Personally, I'm sick of them and Nicol Bolas, and the Eldrazi aren't interesting enough to take up the mantle.  I'd like a new set of villains, like an MTG version of the Legion of Doom.

I've started referring to Nicol Bolas as Dr. Wily, because he's behind everything.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Well you could make an argument for Urza...
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

Well you could make an argument for Urza...

Urza being a villian would also extend into Phyrexia as well. God damn old Phyrexia was awesome.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome