Painter's Servant + Pro Colors

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
My opponent plays a Painter's Servant naming RED. I have a Stoneforge Mystic equipped with Sword of Feast and Famine. I equip Sword of Fire and Ice; what happens next? Do all the swords fall of?
My opponent plays a Painter's Servant naming RED. I have a Stoneforge Mystic equipped with Sword of Feast and Famine. I equip Sword of Fire and Ice; what happens next? Do all the swords fall of?

Yes, both swords become unequipped.
Thanks. I just have one more follow-up question with RE to this event. I had this happen last night with my regular MTG group only we DIDNT catch this in time (meaning I equipped and the swords stayed on). During the course of combat and 2nd main phase, spells were played. That's when the debate started and as a group, we decided the attack was invalid because both Swords would have fallen off. My question: how far could we go back and do a "do-over"?
It depends on what's feasibly possible. Since you caught it in the same turn, you have the option of rewinding the game state (although people would know extra information about what's in some players' hands). You could also just do nothing, but let the sword fall off anyway.

You could have also rewinded only the sword's triggered ability (giving someone 2 life and losing the card you drew). That's usually not done in sanctioned events but you can do it in a casual group if everyone's ok with it.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

That's up to your play group. Personally, I'd allow backing up to before the attack was declared. In a tournament setting, I believe that any current illegal placements are corrected (i.e., the swords fall off), but no other correction is made.
In a casual game you can do it however you like. In a tournament though, the judge should not back the game up, as too much has happened (among other complications, spells were cast and thus cards in hand revealed. This can't be undone.). The swords will fall off now in the 2nd main phase, and the game continues from there.