Boros Reckoner and fight. Doubt about a combo. Standard format.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, I have a question about a combo you do with the avenger boros. I've been reading a lot about it, but I don't understand it well.

Can I use fight (for example Pit Fight) to fight with himself and so do double damage to redirect it to a target player?

That is, for example, If I put Rancor and two giant growths on a Reckoner and make him fight himself. Can I do 22 damage to my opponent?

I've been reading the rules of magic about the fight. The rules explain a case for hurting yourself. "If a creature fights itself, it deals damage equal to its power to itself twice."

wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Fight

Thank you very much.
it depends on the fight card
Pit Fight will not work since it needs 2 targets ("target" and "another target")

a quick gatherer search didn't turn up any card that accomplishes that
proud member of the 2011 community team

Can I use fight (for example Pit Fight) to fight with himself and so do double damage to redirect it to a target player?

Not with pit fight, no. Pit fight requires you to target two different creatures.

In principle it is possible for a creature to fight itself, but it's hard to do. Nightfall Predator can fight itself, but that won't be helpful in getting other creatures to fight themselves.