Boros Reckoner and fight. Doubt about a combo. Standard format.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, I have a question about a combo you do with the avenger boros. I've been reading a lot about it, but I don't understand it well.

Can I use fight (for example Pit Fight) to fight with himself and so do double damage to redirect it to a target player?

That is, for example, If I put Rancor and two giant growths on a Reckoner and make him fight himself. Can I do 22 damage to my opponent?

I've been reading the rules of magic about the fight. The rules explain a case for hurting yourself. "If a creature fights itself, it deals damage equal to its power to itself twice."

wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Fight

Thank you very much.
it depends on the fight card
Pit Fight will not work since it needs 2 targets ("target" and "another target")

a quick gatherer search didn't turn up any card that accomplishes that
proud member of the 2011 community team

Can I use fight (for example Pit Fight) to fight with himself and so do double damage to redirect it to a target player?

Not with pit fight, no. Pit fight requires you to target two different creatures.

In principle it is possible for a creature to fight itself, but it's hard to do. Nightfall Predator can fight itself, but that won't be helpful in getting other creatures to fight themselves.
Sign In to post comments