Wild Beastmaster (Multi stacking)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so if Wild Beastmaster attacks which powers up other creatures by her power and you have more then 1 (say 3) plus a few 1/1's and you giant growth her up to a 4/4 how does the combat power up stack. Does the first beastmaster announce attack powering the second to a 5/5 and the first gets the additional 5 or only the 1 it had to begin the announcement. Then what happens to the 3rd does it get the +4 and the +5 from the first and second? What happens to all those 1/1's? I'm so confused.....lol.
the power of the beast master is checked when its ability resolves

if it is bigger then when it triggered (because of giant growth or another beastmaster) it will buff your creatures for more

so, let's say 3 Wild Beastmaster, one with Giant Growth

you stack them in whatever order you want, I recommend to stack it so that the one with Giant Growth resolves first

first beastmaster resolves: all creatures get +4/+4
second beastmaster resolves: all creatures get +5/+5 (total +9/+9)
third beastmaster resolves: all creatures get +10/+10 (total +19/+19)

so basically you attack with a bunch of 20/20 creatures
proud member of the 2011 community team

Ok so if Wild Beastmaster attacks which powers up other creatures by her power and you have more then 1 (say 3) plus a few 1/1's and you giant growth her up to a 4/4 how does the combat power up stack. Does the first beastmaster announce attack powering the second to a 5/5 and the first gets the additional 5 or only the 1 it had to begin the announcement. Then what happens to the 3rd does it get the +4 and the +5 from the first and second? What happens to all those 1/1's? I'm so confused.....lol.

Each Wild Beastmaster has a triggered ability that goes on the stack separately. Since you control all the triggers, you place them on the stack in the order of your choice. They resolve one at a time. A Beastmaster's power is checked only as her ability resolves; as such, the triggers that resolve last will pump the team for more, since the corresponding Beastmaster has been pumped by the previous triggers.

So for example, you attack with 3 Beastmasters and a generic 1/1. You place the triggers in any order, they're all identical at that point. With them on the stack, you cast Giant Growth on the Beastmaster whose trigger is topmost on the stack. She becomes 4/4. Then her trigger resolves, giving both other Beastmasters and the 1/1, +4/+4, making them 5/5 total. Then the trigger for one of the other two Beastmaster resolves. Since she's 5/5, that's +5/+5 to everyone else. That's a 9/9 Beastmaster (the one whose trigger has already resolved), a 10/10 Beastmaster, and a generic 10/10. Then the trigger for the last Beastmaster resolves. Since she's 10/10, that's +10/+10 to everyone else. In total, that makes a 19/19 Beastmaster, a 15/15 Beastmaster, a 10/10 Beastmaster and a generic 20/20. Ouch.

Edited for correcting calculations, as is usual for me in such math cases.

Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A
Wow so my howl from beyond will kick some serious tail. What happens if someone makes the first one -5 essentially making the first beastmaster into a 0 or a -1 for power do the other creatures get her ability or is she dead as she became a 0/0 therefore stopping her ability from resolving?
Wow so my howl from beyond will kick some serious tail. What happens if someone makes the first one -5 essentially making the first beastmaster into a 0 or a -1 for power do the other creatures get her ability or is she dead as she became a 0/0 therefore stopping her ability from resolving?

If the power of the Beastmaster is reduced to less than 0 with her ability on the stack, when it resolves, the ability will actually shrink the other creatures, possibly killing them. If her power is -2, for instance, the other creatures get +-2/+-2, which translates to -2/-2. 

Interestingly, that's true even if the Beastmaster is killed by a -X/-X effect before her ability resolves, since the ability checks for last known information to know what was her her power as she last was on the battlefield. Removing the source of an ability doesn't in itself stop it from resolving, abilities are independant from their sources.
Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A
or is she dead as she became a 0/0 therefore stopping her ability from resolving?

if this was true, how would Mogg Fanatic's ability even work?

so obviously it can't be true

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.