Needs More Vows

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
I love the politics of vows in multiplayer games (specifically EDH) so in the same vein as the thread that makes new umbras... lets make new vows!

Experiment with new things that were not present in the origional vows and please try to keep it alphabetical. I will start!

Vow of Adaptation ()
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has Evolve, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
What's the point of "evolve" when the creature already has much higher power + toughness anyway? That ability would almost never trigger, because most creatures would have lower stats than enchanted creature..
Play it on one of your small creatures, or lock down one of your opponents bigger creatures while giving them a small beneficial effect. Works perfectly.

Vow of Bravery ()
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has Haste, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
Giving it a boost and evolve is nice anti synergy.
White doesn't normally give haste. Also, an aura granting haste is pretty lame, as there is only one window when you can do that with profit, and putting it on an opponent's creature does nothing 99% of the time.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Would you perfer the evolve vow be -2/-2 instead?
Vow of Adaptation
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets -2/-2, has Evolve, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.

Would the Boros Reckoner ability be too overpowered for the Boros' colored aura above instead of haste?
Vow of Bravery ()
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gains whenever it is dealt damage it deals that much damage to target creature or player, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.

It would be cool if other people would put some of thier own ideas for vows also, maybe it will even give me some ideas to change my older ones around....

Vow of Curiosity ()
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, it's controller may draw a card, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
User Friendly ( can't attack you or a planeswalker you control. )

loyal

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Is that an attempt to keyword it?
yes

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Vow of the Dimir
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1, is unblockable, and cannot attack you or a planeswalker you control.
That's hilarious on an opponents creature x3
That's hilarious on an opponents creature x3

assuming you mean this on my Dimir vow...
thanks!
i loved the idea of putting on an opponent's = unblockable but unusable simultaneously
Vow of Endurance
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +0/+4, has Lifelink, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
Vow of the Pit
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4, "At the beginning of your upkeep sacrifice another creature or tap this creature and it deals damage equal to its power to you," and can't attack you or planeswalkers you control.

Yeah!!
Last one was E, so...
Vow of Flame
Enchantment-Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has ": This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn", and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.

I really want to change the "cant' attack you or a planeswalker you control" to "can't block creatures you control" because it feels better.
Vow of the Golgari :bgm:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has "Sacrifice a creature: Put two +1/+1 counters on this creature," and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
Vow of Humility
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, gains Bushido 1, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
Vow of Igneousness -- :WUM:
Enchantment - Aura (C)

Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains defender and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Yo dawg, I heard you can not attack me, so we made you not attack while you can not attack me.

Honestly I think this is really harsh for a vow because the point of a vow is to give the opponent a beneficial effect in exchange for not attacking you. I would consider adding it a big boost to the creatures P/T to offset the fact that it cant attack at all (without defender enabler).

Vow of Justice
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has "Whenever a nonland permanent you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a non-aura permanent that shares a card type with it", and can't attack you or a creature you control.
Vow of Justice
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each Plains you control and cannot attack you or a Planeswalker you control.

-- props to altimis, though, on being the first to break the casting cost cycle
-- limiting the vows to 2C just blows

EDIT

Vow of the Pit

..or not the first
nvm
HA it looks like I ninja edited you with the same named card!

Yea, they don't have to all have the same cost, but 3 CMC feels like more often than not the cost vows would have. Just my personal opinion.
Vow of Justice
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each Plains you control and cannot attack you or a Planeswalker you control.

-- props to altimis, though, on being the first to break the casting cost cycle
-- limiting the vows to 2C just blows

EDIT

Vow of the Pit

..or not the first
nvm

I'll take credit whereever I can 8^p.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

Vow of the Kithkin
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature an opponent owns
Enchanted creature has "This creature gets +1/+1 for each white creature you control and +1/+1 for each blue creature you control."
Enchanted creature cannot attack you or a planeswalker you control.
The Thoughtweft is confusing.

Vow of the Dimir
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1, is unblockable, and cannot attack you or a planeswalker you control.

Haha, I feel like the Dimir's vow should read "this creatures controller sacrfices it if it attacks you or a planeswalker you control."
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1

Vow of the Kithkin
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has "This creature gets +1/+1 for each white creature you control and +1/+1 for each blue creature you control."

Out of curiosity why did you choose to specify opponents creatures only on the Vow of the Kithkin?

Vow of Leprosy
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has wither, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.

Vow of the Kithkin
Enchantment - Aura

Out of curiosity why did you choose to specify opponents creatures only on the Vow of the Kithkin?

because if you just play it on one of your own creatures in a blue/white deck, it's VERY powerful for cmc 3 (at least, i think it is) -- especially considering a white/blue spirit/bird weenie deck
by limiting it to an opponen'ts "own" (but not "control"), creatures shenanigans of stealing a creature to put it on, or use it as a psudo-lock down on an opponent who isn't playing any white/blue
my main thoght was Zedruu the Greathearted style decks that like to mess around with control