Noob question> about counters

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
can i consider the effect of aura cards like "Ethereal Armor" as a counter? i plan to use it in my bioshift. 
no
if a card doesn't use the word "counter" it does not grant counters

Ethereal Armor simply boosts a creature's power and toughness, no counters are involved
Bioshift cannot move this bonus
proud member of the 2011 community team
No. Auras are not counters for any purpose, and neither are static abilities that grant bonuses to power and/or toughness. Anything that involves counters will specifically mention them.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
thnx for the answer
how about serra avatar + bioshift?
Serra Avatar does not normally have any +1/+1 counters to move around.
MTG Rules Advisor
Serra Avatar does not put counters on anything.

If a card uses the word "counter" as a noun, then counters are involved. Otherwise, no counters are involved.
i get it now thnx for the answers ^^
how about serra avatar + bioshift?

Which of these looks like Serra Avatar?

Serra Avatar

Creature - Avatar

Serra Avatar's power and toughness are each equal to your life total.

When Serra Avatar is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.

*/*
or
Serra Avatar

Creature - Avatar

Serra Avatar enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters equal to your life.

If you would gain life, gain the life and add a number of +1/+1 counters to Serra Avatar equal to the life gained instead.

If you would lose life, lose the life and add a number of -1/-1 counters to Serra Avatar equal to the life lost instead. 

When Serra Avatar is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.

0/0

notice one says counters while the other doesn't 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments