Orb of Fickle Fate

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a question regarding the Orb of Fickle Fate magic item which states the following:

Power (Daily): Minor Action. A target within 10 squares of you takes a -4 penalty to saving throws and you or an ally within 10 squares of you gains a +4 power bonus to saving throws (target's save ends both).

Does the -4 penalty to saving throws apply to the saving throw needed to end the magic item's power effect? Or does the magic item's power effect only interfere other saving throws? I am inclinded to believe the magic item's power effect does penalize ALL saving throws.

Thanks for help in advance.
-4 applies to the save to end the power.
 I am inclinded to believe the magic item's power effect does penalize ALL saving throws

It is.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Thanks for the clarification.
Just had to do it.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Keep On The Shadowfell" would be hailed as a brilliant, revolutionary triumph in game design if it were followed by the words "A Pathfinder Adventure Path by Paizo."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”