Assisting Creatures and Moving ?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK Can you Move Two creatures then make an assisting attack. Or does one creature have to be Next to the target first AND not have been activated yet.

For Example: I have two " Drow House Guard " 8 squares away from The target. I move Number one in and Not make an attack. So he is not tapped and end of his activation. Then I move Number two in adjacent to the other D.H.G. Tap both, to use "Shadowy Ambush". 

This came up in my last game and got contested pretty harshly.

OK Can you Move Two creatures then make an assisting attack. Or does one creature have to be Next to the target first AND not have been activated yet.

For Example: I have two " Drow House Guard " 8 squares away from The target. I move Number one in and Not make an attack. So he is not tapped and end of his activation. Then I move Number two in adjacent to the other D.H.G. Tap both, to use "Shadowy Ambush". 

This came up in my last game and got contested pretty harshly.

You have to completely finish one activation before moving on to another, but if your creature is untapped it can assist even if it's already activated.  So activating a creature, moving it into position, then activating a second creature to go up and take advantage of the assist is perfectly legal.
awesome thank you!
Another cool assisting thing people don't always realize: you can also assist with immediates if you have a valid untapped adjacent creature.
Another cool assisting thing people don't always realize: you can also assist with immediates if you have a valid untapped adjacent creature.

Yep, indeed, the ol' Team Effort Cloud of Bats is awesome.
Don't forget minors! Which can be funny because the creature playing the minor doesn't tap, but the assisting creature taps!

eg/ to get "open portal" onto a drow wizard