Suspend

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hmmm... did a search for Suspend, answered a few of my questions, but came out with more.

Just to confirm, if I did cast a Clockspinning during my opponent's turn on a permanent I have suspended with 1 counter only, I can say farewell to it forever?

Or would I be able to cast it when the last counter is removed, if it was a creature with flash or an instant?
Hmmm... did a search for Suspend, answered a few of my questions, but came out with more.

Just to confirm, if I did cast a Clockspinning during my opponent's turn on a permanent I have suspended with 1 counter only, I can say farewell to it forever?

Or would I be able to cast it when the last counter is removed, if it was a creature with flash or an instant?

You get to cast it when the last counter is removed.  It doesnt matter what type of card it is. 
Thats great news, for a moment there I thought I lost the ability to play a suspended creature during my opponent's turn.

Thanks again Rudolf.
Nothing prevents you from casting creatures on someone else's turns. Rather, nothing normally instructs you to do so. Periodically, the game instructs you as follows:

• You may cast an instant spell.

• You may activate an activated ability.

• You may cast a non-instant spell if it's your turn, in a main phase and the stack is empty.

• You may play a land if ...

Suspend, on the other hand, does instruct you to do so.

• When the last time counter is removed from this card, if it’s exiled, play it ...

(To play is to cast as a spell or to play as a land.)
Nothing prevents you from casting creatures on someone else's turns. Rather, nothing normally instructs you to do so. Periodically, the game instructs you as follows:

• You may cast an instant spell.

• You may activate an activated ability.

• You may cast a non-instant spell if it's your turn, in a main phase and the stack is empty.

• You may play a land if ...

Suspend, on the other hand, does instruct you to do so.

• When the last time counter is removed from this card, if it’s exiled, play it ...

(To play is to cast as a spell or to play as a land.)

Besides, you cast the "suspended" spell DURING the resolution of the triggered ability... nothing can normally be cast/activated then because noone gets priority... but, as ikegami said, suspend tells you to do it, so it works.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

You seem to have a misunderstanding of the rules.

The rules give permissions to do things in the game and occasionally they give restrictions prohibiting some things.

The rules have no prohibitions about casting spells on an opponent's turn, however, you don't normally have permission to cast spells on an opponent's turn (except for instants and cards with flash) so normally you can't,
but it's important to distinguish the reason why you can't - you don't have permission to cast one as opposed to you are prohibited from casting one.

Effects and abilities can also give you permission to cast a spell at times or from zones where you wouldn't normally have permission to do so.

eg. suspend's trigger, cascade's trigger, Omen Machine's trigger, Djinn of Wishes activated ability, Brilliant Ultimatum, flashback

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments