MTGO not launching.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've recently begun having problems running Magic Online and was wondering if anyone else could help.

It began completely out of the blue, game was running fine, came back to it a few hours later, but now get this message whenever I try and start the client,

"Failure accessing file

Access to the path 'C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp2331.tmp' is denied."

I've tried repairing the installation, re-installing multiple times, running as admin and even a system restore, but everytime it comes up with this message. No idea why it started as I changed nothing on my PC between when it was working and when this issue came up. Basically any advice would be appreciated.
Ok it seems to be the anti-virus that was causing it. Not sure why, had it for months and suddenly it seems to have a problem with magic. Initially it wouldn't work even when magic was added to an exception list, but when fully disabled magic seems to work fine. Might just have to get a new anti-virus.
Which anti-virus program caused the issue for you?

This space intentionally left blank.

I ran into the exact same issue. It worked fine a few days ago, but then all of a sudden, I get that message. Thanks for letting me know it's an antivirus issue!

For me, I disable AVG temporarily while the "Renamer.exe" is running. During regular execution, it seems to be fine. If I start "MTGO_NET.exe" directly, it is also fine. I'm on Windows 8.
Sign In to post comments