G/W Human Aggro Help?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any ideas on how to improve? Also need sideboard help, as I don't have one at the moment.

Current:

Land

3 Gavony Township
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Temple Garden
3 Forest
5 Plains

Creatures

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Silverblade Paladin
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
3 Fiend Hunter
2 Mikaeus, the Lunarch
2 Elite Inquisitor
2 Doomed Traveler

Other Spells

4 Gather the Townsfolk
4 Rancor
2 Selesnya Charm

Any input is welcome.
Your land count is way too low. You are gonna want at least 22 land for any consistency. When I played GW I was running 23 land. Have you tried some test draws to see how consistent they are. Plus run some restoration angels. They can flash,in and blink out a fiend hunter to remove one of your opponents attackers from combat, or they blink out a creature you control that is gonna be the target of some spot removal. Another good idea, instead of running gather the townsfolk use Faiths shield. It can push through damage past any blockers or save your creature from a dreadbore, searing spear, o. Ring,etc. Spot removal is huge and you don't want to lose an important creature. That is how a deck like this wins.
Take it down to 2 thalias or they will be dead in your hand. You need rancor and maybe revenge of the hunted for a good big hit and it can let everything through pretty easily. Take out the Mikaeus, he's just way to slow for this kind of agro deck. If you need something like that Gavony should do that better. Make it 4 Inquisitors. Take out the Doomed Traveler for the inquisitors or 1 more Fiend Hunter. This is how I made my G/W humans a while back.

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Rancor
4 Silverblade Paladin
2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Elite Inquisitor
2 Revenge of the Hunted
4 Selesnya Charm
4 Faith's Shield Or Ranger's Guile
And here you can do funsies and do 2 Rubblebelt Raiders for the big bomb card or Daybreak Ranger for the fliers, or do what I did and use 2 Wild Defiance. You'd be amazed at how many red decks HATE that. But that'll put you at 38 for 22 lands. Also, think about running R/G dual lands so you can also use Kessig Wolf Run