Crippling crush

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a question regarding the feat crippling crush. Does the attack need to slow or immobilize as part of the at will or as part of the total attack ?
Do you need weight of earth at will to trigger the bonus or could you get it from hitting the target of your lawbreakers doom if you were son of mercy pp ?

Crippling Crush
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Warden
Benefit: When you immobilize or slow an enemy with a weapon attack using a hammer or a mace, that enemy takes extra damage equal to your Constitution modifier.
Published in Primal Power, page(s) 136.
The slowing effect needs to be a direct result of the attack. Most importantly, that means that an ability that allows you to slow the target of an attack as a separate action does not apply. However, it doesn't necessarily need to be part of the attack power. For example, the warden feat Sudden Roots (PHB2) would qualify, because it adds an effect to the attack, rather than making the slow effect an additional action.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Novacat
I think I'm missing the point here
Sudden Roots
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Warden
Benefit: Whenever you hit an enemy with an opportunity attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its turn.
Published in Player's Handbook 2, page(s) 189.

How is that different from

Son of Mercy Feature Lawbreaker's Doom
You designate one enemy as the target of your attention. This evildoer will not escape justice.
Encounter
Free Action
Target: One enemy you just marked.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever you hit the target with an attack, you deal extra damage equal to your Wisdom modifier and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Special: When the target is reduced to 0 hit points, you regain the use of this power.

They both are adding slow when you hit with an attack or is there a difference ??
This is my confusion

Could you as a son of mercy hit your lawbreakers doom with brash strike ( and have crippling crush feat [mc warden]) and get the added con mod damage ?
I didn't say they were different. I just don't have a DDI account, so I couldn't look up the paragon path you mentioned (and didn't give a source for), so I decided to give a general rule instead of speaking to the specifics of the question. From the looks of it, yes, that would work.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
However, if a putative effect said 'when you hit an enemy, you can slow it as a free action', that wouldn't trigger crippling crush.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Ok, thank you both for the replies