DLCR: Furious Resistance

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays GTC card to rate is...

Furious Resistance

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I'm not sure about this card.  It does seem like a solid combat trick but both red guilds tend to be very aggressive.  I suppose it's a good sideboard against a quicker more aggressive deck then yours.

Discuss! 
It's really difficult to rate this card highly when it's in the same set as Smite. I'll go with 0.5, this is a bad card for red in this set and unlike Smite it doesn't win the combat if the creature is killed off in response.
1. This is not even close to Smite yet that is the inevitable comparison. It is less bad than it looks, but still pretty bad.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I'll go a 1.  I'd consider it if I simply didn't get much removal, as that's what it is going to be all the time.  If I have a good amount of removal, it goes right out.  I don't really want to compare it to smite much, as this is a cheap option in straight Gruul.  The 1-cost is what makes it at least worth considering, and I would include it before considering another land.  Still, its low priority.