From the Vault: Twenty

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
From PT:GTC Sunday coverage

- 20 cards instead of 15
- 1 card from a winning deck (GP, WC or PT) each year
- Usual FTV stuff - lifemarker, special foil, english only, limited printing run - collector guide? i think that's a first
- Release date: Aug. 31st
- I couldn't get a print from the previewed artwork, and I don't have the faintest idea of what it is. A counter of some sort? Counterspell? Force of Will?

That's it, we're probably getting an Arcana annoucement this week.

This is the previewed art, no idea what it could be either. 
It kinda looks like a counterspell. But it could be a lot of things. The most common guesses I've seen so far are Mother of Runes, Mana Leak, Counterspell, Force of Will and Mystical Tutor.
It kinda looks like a counterspell. But it could be a lot of things. The most common guesses I've seen so far are Mother of Runes, Mana Leak, Counterspell, Force of Will and Mystical Tutor.

Definitely Mother of Runes.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Couple of peopleare suggestng it might be Noble Hierarch? I'm less convinced...

Did Enlightened Tutor ever feature in a winning deck? Unlike Mystical Tutor or Mother of Runes it hasn't been reprinted since 6th ed but I can't think of a winning deck that ran it off the top of my head.

Definitely Mother of Runes.

A case could strongly be made for Mystical Tutor too--you could say that the person being depicted is reaching out and getting something with Magic, and there are also books on shelves in the background. That being said, I think those 2 are the most likely, Mana Leak being the least likely and Counterspell and Force of Will being in the middle.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
Obviously Telepathy.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

A case could strongly be made for Mystical Tutor too--you could say that the person being depicted is reaching out and getting something with Magic, and there are also books on shelves in the background.

There's also a skull on the shelves in the background.  And she's wearing black.  I'm inclined to think she may be a black wizard.
A case could strongly be made for Mystical Tutor too--you could say that the person being depicted is reaching out and getting something with Magic, and there are also books on shelves in the background.

There's also a skull on the shelves in the background.  And she's wearing black.  I'm inclined to think she may be a black wizard.

Thanks for pointing out that skull; Mystical Tutor actually has a skull in the bottom right hand corner of her frame. And I don't think the colour of the clothing can help you figure out the colour of the card itself; Avacyn, Angel of Hope is wearing black, but we know she's not
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
This thread wins by two minutes.

Locking as duplicate. 

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert