Mean Thopter Deck. Need help!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys, well.. this idea came to me, I wanna build this mean UB deck but i really need advice. Im overwhelmed by the lots of things I can do but I don't know what I should include and the number of cards I should include.

The main idea is to get Thopters onto my battlefield with Thopter Foundry and then sacrifice some of them to make my opponent's game difficult > Thoughtpicker Witch, Disciple of the Vault, Grave Pact, Time Sieve; or finish the game by attacking with lots of tokens.

I made a list of some cards I found that could really fit in this deck:
Myr Servitor
Ornithopter
Disciple of the Vault
Sharding Sphinx
Thopter Assembly
Thopter Squadron
Thoughtpicker Witch
Thoughtcast
Grave Pact
Time Sieve
Meekstone
Skeleton Shard
Krark-Clan Ironworks
Prototype Portal
Clock of Omens
Unwinding Clock
Jinxed Idol
Mirrorworks
Thopter Foundry
Artificer's Intuition
Myr Retriever
Machinate
Muddle the Mixture
Norn's Annex

Again, this deck is driving me nuts and I could really use some help ty

Well I finally got help from a friend of mine and we came to this awesome deck
Hope you like it. Im open to any suggestinons

Lands
10 Island
6 Swamp
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Scorched Ruins

Creatures
4 Sharding Sphinx
4 Etherium Sculptor
4 Palladium Myr
4 Disciple of the Vault

Spells
2 Time Sieve
4 Thopter Foundry
4 Sword of the Meek
4 Fabricate
4 Thoughtcast
1 Trading Post
2 Coat of Arms
2 Cranial Plating
I would add 4  copies Myr Galvanizer so you can make infinite Mana with Palladium Myr. With Infinite Amount of mana you then can make and infinite amount of Thopter tokens using the Thopter Foundry plus [/c]Sword of the Meek[/c] Combo. That way you can cut Coat of Arms and Cranial Plating since they become irrelevant with and infinite amount of tokens. Sharding Sphinx costs too much and once again will be irrelevant once you pull of the Infinite combo.

I'm sorry, but I love infinite combos even though they are inconsistent, can slow the deck down and are not at all simple (which your deck should be). If you dont want to change the deck this much, just ignore my information.
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
Since you're going to sacrificing thopters continually for Time Sieve and Trading Post you might want to consider Thopter Assembly. With the right manipulation you can continually generate the 5 tokens needed for Time Sieve. Fabricate means you don't need to have sooo many playsets in here, you'll be able to run singletons and be ok. I personally don't like Coat of Arms, it often blows up in your face since it can also pump an opponent's tribal deck. I used to use them in a bear deck and found out the hard way how it can be a double edged sword when I faced my friend's rat deck... anycase, use it if you want, but keep in mind the downside. You're running and with no cards that are akin to their colors. Consider adding in some removal, draw and/or counter spells in here. Sometimes you need to step back from your deck synergy and make sure to have enough protection for your deck to actually work the way you want too.

Hope this helps.  

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

I love the idea of using thopter foundry and tested my idea for the infinite combos and it was way to inconsistent. What this basically means is that ignore my comment from above. 

@ditto what Kashonismw said, you got to have basic utility cards like card draw and removal. 
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
Ty guys for your answers.
Well, before posting that deck, I went thru the 'infinite combo' phase, wich was adding Krark-Clan Ironworks but I don't really like infinite combo decks that much so I removed it.
I also had Thopter Assembly too, but it's not common for this deck to run out of tokens.
This deck is going to be played against my friends, and I see it coming: they won't like the idea of the extra turns, since it seems to be kinda abusive, so I thought to replace, in that case, the 2 Time Sieves with 2 Thoughtpicker Witch
Sign In to post comments