MTGO should have a chat room for pro tour coverage.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I mean an official chat room (moded by orcs) and with updates. maybe even a coverage stream built into MTGO.

seriously... MTGO is like a huge IRC and Wotc really needs to start taking advantage. I'm sure there are many other ways they can really pump up the social aspects.. but this would be a start.
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
Well. There is a chat on twitch. Not sure what more you want.

While on topic. I find it funny that more people are watching the Pro Tour now then there were people playing at the pre/release online (when I presume the number of players is at it's peak).

Edit: There is also cover it live on the mothership. A 3rd chatting option might be an overkill in my opinion. 
Calavera's idea has merit. I don't want to log on to ANOTHER client in order to discuss magic. In client chat of a magic event seems a great idea. Also not a fan of twitch's chat anyway.

Winter.Wolf

I don't think it's a bad idea but on the other hand I don't think it's needed either. MtgO is the last place I would come to talk about magic.
I think MTGO should be the first place you go to chat about magic....

And I really mean that MTGO should be the main place to chat about the pro tour...

Heck I think ultimately the streaming coverage should be built into MTGO maybe with a secondary way to view it on the web.
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
MtgO is the last place I would come to talk about magic.

Sad, but true. 
MtgO is the last place I would come to talk about magic.

Since V3, that's true for me also. But during V2.5 days, it was the first or second place I would go to talk about anything Magic, only behind (sometimes) the boards.

Really, WotC, give us a decent chat and some decent community-building tools. The client desperately needs it.
I can see how a chat channel for the Pro Tour would be fun, but won't you have the coverage video & chat up anyway if you're actively following the event?

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

I can see how a chat channel for the Pro Tour would be fun, but won't you have the coverage video & chat up anyway if you're actively following the event?

perhaps but I wouldnt be following the chaos twitch calls chat anyway.

Winter.Wolf

Too many windows/programs open is bad.  And twitch chat is lame. I want to twith wih my fellow MTGO players (who are generally more mature)

i want mtgo to be a social experience.  

Too many windows/programs open is bad.  And twitch chat is lame. I want to twith wih my fellow MTGO players (who are generally more mature)

i want mtgo to be a social experience.  

Please please please please

Too many windows/programs open is bad.

I do not understand your point Calavera. You need to have twitch.tv/magicprotour open anyway if you want to watch the video, and the chat is right there in the same window.

I will join #PTDGM, same as the twitter tag, in Magic Online next Pro Tour. We can try #GPQBC and #GPCharlotte this week.

Too many windows/programs open is bad.

I do not understand your point Calavera. You need to have twitch.tv/magicprotour open anyway if you want to watch the video, and the chat is right there in the same window.

I will join #PTDGM, same as the twitter tag, in Magic Online next Pro Tour. We can try #GPQBC and #GPCharlotte this week.

It is in the same window but thankfully is not hard to ignore as it is hardly readable and is quite annoyingly implemented.

Winter.Wolf

Maybe the new MTGO client should have the ability to have a chat area that players can log into via plug-in. The Twitch chat is horrible with its rampant net "etiquette"; MTGO chat users could get banned for being jerks. Imagine chat bannings having reprecussions!

(Note: I know that obtaining tech additions is farfetched.)
good idea
I am for this ^^