An exciting story!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
So today I went to FNM and they had these delicious bagels.    I mean, really delicious.  Like, trade-a-foil-goyf-for-one delicious.  So I ate one of them and went 2-1.  Have you ever eaten a bagel while playing magic?  Has it improved your gameplay? 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I love bagels. Like, really love bagels. But to be frank, i've never had a bagel while playing magic. I usually eat bagels in the morning and play magic in the afternoon and night times. I think I will have to start documenting the times in which I eat bagels and assess how they effect my magical abilities. 
I love bagels. Like, really love bagels. But to be frank, i've never had a bagel while playing magic. I usually eat bagels in the morning and play magic in the afternoon and night times. I think I will have to start documenting the times in which I eat bagels and assess how they effect my magical abilities. 

Don't bother, just go with how you FELT that bagels affected your magic.  It's how it works for mulligans.

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:

Don't bother, just go with how you FELT that bagels affected your magic.  It's how it works for mulligans.

That's true. 

We'll have the 3 factors in which bagels cause magic losses: Cream Cheese and lox; taylor ham, egg and cheese; or toasted with butter. 
What type of bagel was it?

I've never actually eaten one while playing cards but i can see it being absolutely delicious.

By the way, what type of deck did you play and how did it perform?
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
I like eating fish and milk when I play. Double bonus baby cause I can share with my kittys! YA hear?

I've never actually eaten one while playing cards but i can see it being absolutely delicious.

It was a pretty aggressive deck, but it had a strong lategame too.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

Partner you mentioned you like fancy cats, what kind of cat you got anyways?

I don't own any cats.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

I don't own any cats.

Oh, fancy that...
Yeah, I just took a name similar to catowner's because right before he got banned from here, he had caused a ton of drama in standard general, and as a former lurker making my first account, I saw the perfect opportunity to capitalize on it.  And then he came back as felis, and it started even more drama.  It was beautiful.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Yeah, I just took a name similar to catowner's because right before he got banned from here, he had caused a ton of drama in standard general, and as a former lurker making my first account, I saw the perfect opportunity to capitalize on it.  And then he came back as felis, and it started even more drama.  It was beautiful.

If I knew about all you creepy cat people in this here forum I would have never signed me up. But here I am. I just gotta ask is it all worth it at the end of the day. When I was a magazine editor we had a jokerface in our office as well. He was a writer, and a damn good one, did the fleas and ticks article every month and won several prestigious cat awards (but that's a story for another time). The guy owned about 27 cats and went nuts one day and never showed up for work. The guy lived and breathed cats and if I'm not mistaken Cato...that man was You.
Spam is spam, even when it is amusing.

Locked.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I own an evil, one-eyed cat who attacks me when I try to eat bagels. I tried to get rid of him, but he came back and destroyed my lego star destroyer. Please help.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Sign In to post comments