At the begining of end step

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys ,I have a quick questions.

If I cast conjurer's closetthis turn,I have to wait until my next turn for it's triggered ability trigger right?
Another question :  If target (non-land permanent) of dentention shere 's enter field ability becomes illegal , is the ability countered? and other permanents with the same name of that permanent will be saved?

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

it will trigger in the end step of the turn it entered the battlefield (assuming it didn't enter in the end step itself for some reason)
triggered abilities are not stopped by summoning sickness. furthermore only creatures are affected by summoning sickness

if the target for Detention Sphere's trigger is illegal, the ability is countered
no objects are exiled
proud member of the 2011 community team
Hello guys ,I have a quick questions.

If I cast conjurer's closetthis turn,I have to wait until my next turn for it's triggered ability trigger right?

Only if for some bizarre reason you don't get an end step that turn, or you managed to cast CC during your end step. Normally, though, you'll cast it during your main phase, then later get a perfectly good end step in which it will trigger just fine.
Another question :  If target (non-land permanent) of dentention shere 's enter field ability becomes illegal , is the ability countered? and other permanents with the same name of that permanent will be saved?

If this occurs while that ability is on the stack, yes, that is correct; the ability will be countered and no part of its effect occurs. Note that this happens just after the Sphere enters the battlefield (you may have already realized this, but not understanding that is a very common error around these Oblivion Ring type cards).

Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Very fast!!! thanks.

Thanks again for fast response, and yes I means if the sphere is already resolved on the field then it's ability goes on stack.Laughing